Neo Geo (cd) Do brazil

kuk

Benimaru's Hairdresser
Hello

I have a site on the NeoGeo CD, and some people speak at me recently to the import of neogeo cd game, and neogeo cdz in Brazil

Some peaople here have some picture, poster, flyer, manuel of neogeo do brazil on the neogeo cd ?

http://www.neogeocdworld.info/

With regards

cdz was never released in brazil, we do have jpn units here that were independently imported. I noticed Dion said in assembler that there where colored boxed cdzs in brazil, but that never happened. I follow the Brazilian online market for 13 years already. If it was out there I would have seen it by now. I meant argue this with him on that forum but that guy is not worth my little free time.

These are the systems SNK's branch Neo Geo do Brasil sold here:

http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/album.php?albumid=153

All top loaders, transcoded to PAL-M (a variation of NTSC but with the PAL-N color stream), Portuguese bios setting, (both Euro and USA jumpers active), games start directly in Portuguese mode when available, works in 1995 to 1998 releases and fully localized packaging material.

I have a huge collection of Neo Geo do Brasil neocd ads and flyers scans that I can zip to you.

and last, I've been postponing to help out with the neocd games scans project due to lack of free time. I do have a flatbed scanner and 3/4 of a complete ngcd collection plus I can scan some non-available material like the portuguese neocd manual and the Samsho2 cd translated manual that's the only game manual I've seen in Portuguese.

kuk

Benimaru's Hairdresser
Hello

thanks for your answer, yes i have the information of the CDZ of Dion, so NG do Brazil never import this console in brazil ? for the NeoGeo CD top loading could i use your picture for my site ?
If you can scan all the documentation of Brazil it will be very Helpfull
I buy 4 game with manuel in Portugues but i have not yet : Top Hunter, View Point, Raguy, FF3

Last edited:
The cdz was never officially imported here, it arrived here independently by the same shops that offered jpn ngcd games at better prices than Neo Geo do Brasil offers.

Yes you can use my album pics in your site, no problem.

I'll gather around what I have here at the moment and upload it you you.

kuk

Benimaru's Hairdresser
Thanks again,
if you have more information on neogeo do bazil, i am very intereste by that,
it's very difficult to have information on the NeoGeo CD, and especialy on the south continent
so this compagny work between 1995 to 1998 ?
you live in New Zealand ? What is the situtation in this contry and Australia ?

so the console have an specifique Bios ?
if you active Euro and USA jumpers, what have you exactlly ?

Last edited:
Neo Geo do Brasil started here in 1993, SNK bought an already established MVS distributer, Tron Comercio, from that point until the release of ngcd it dealt exclusively with MVS hard & soft lineup.

The ngcd release happened here simultaneously with the north american release, 1995. The hardware was assembled in Brazil to benefit from government tax reductions policies.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=KK82SLCI

From 1995 to 1998, Neo Geo do Brasil had an enduring market campaign with ads in vg magazines in order to stay relevant against Sony, Sega and Nintendo.

The branch closed doors on the very beginning of 1999 when Brazil dropped it's currency parity with U.S. dollars. From 1BRL = 1USD overnight it became 3BRL = 1USD, tripling the price of every SNK product for local customers, basically.

That's briefly what happened, that's lots more into it like, pre-releases, the hyper 64, neoprint, neocarnival, the neogeoworld amusement park etc...

About the Brazil region for the NGCD, it's both USA and EUR jumpers active. Bios wise is the same, it depends if the game support this feature, like most of SNK releases from 1995 starting with Super Sidekick 3 to KOF99. The game boots directly into Portuguese language, of course the game must have that option and if it doesn't the system behave like a USA system.

Last edited:

kuk

Benimaru's Hairdresser
Hello
thanks a lot, i don't know you could have an brazil region ngcd with two jumper
do you know if we could have and spanish region with two other jumper
cool i use your picture in my site ?

I don't know if there are other jumpers combinations, I never played around with the jumper module, there are four parameters and two can active at the same time, it offers lots of combinations to try. Again the software must support it, I don't know if SNK planned to offer other regions. Only that SNK planned the Brazil region from the go, as even the first batch of systems assembled here was dual jumpered.

Sure, you can you my pics in your site, permission granted.

kuk

Benimaru's Hairdresser
thanks for the pics of course you will credited

So for the NeoGeo CD made in brasil, you have an "made in brasil" on it ?
could you take a picture of this ?

Besides the system boxes that carry "Produzido na Zona Franca de Manaus" which means "Assembled in the Free Economic Zone of Manaus" the system also display that info in the back sticker. I've upload some shots at my ngcd album along with the BRA system region jumper shot.

http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/album.php?albumid=153

It's a little funky since the last board update but if you click in the links, it's working.

Also placed some treats for you here:

http://my.opera.com/metallizer1/albums/show.dml?id=8816682

those Brazilian´s manuals are incredibly hard to find, I believe they where only shipped with system pack in games, congrats!

kuk

Benimaru's Hairdresser
I have no merit, a frenchman who know my work (and help me for scan and html) send me the picture of his last purchase, and because he are not very interested he sold me but i must buy the game with the manuel because all are new... XD
But yes i am very happy because i never see this before

simioni

New Challenger
those Brazilian´s manuals are incredibly hard to find, I believe they where only shipped with system pack in games, congrats!

Por favor, eu ficaria mas muiiitooo agradecido se vc disponibliza-se o manual do neo geo cd top loader em portugues para baixar, e mais ainda qualquer documento adicional que venha com ele pois vc é colecionador deve ter tudo =)) ...
comprei um mas veio sem o manual =´-((((
e o manual ingles na net não combina com a caixa em portugues ;)
e muito legal seus scans de material nacional, sensacional!

se possivel meu email é simionevo@hotmail.com

desde já obrigado!

and kuk merci!! great site neogeocdworld, well done!

I do have plans to scan a brazillian manual, but I´m looking for a loose manual to do it as a proper scan will deteriorate the condition of the manuals I have here.

Content wise, it´s the same as the english manual, with pics and everything.

@kuk, thanks for the new scans!

Last edited:

kuk

Benimaru's Hairdresser
it's a pleasure

so i buy an other one: Kof 94

and i am interesting for this scan too ;D

Cassio

n00b
Olá, pessoal, acabei de me cadastrar e farei o possível para contribuir. Tenho várias coisas do Neo Geo brasileiro e em breve colocarei aqui para apreciação!
Hello everyone, I have just registered on and will do my best to contribute. I have several things about the "Brazilian" Neo Geo and soon I´ll post them here for consideration! Cheers!

bought a lot of 25 sealed ngcd games, three came with brazillian manuals.

SPC170091.jpg

top hunter is already available, just confirming the existence of burning fight and league bowling.

I´m leaning towards not opening these games, eventually I´ll get a hold of more copies.

update:

http://produto.mercadolivre.com.br/...eo-geo-cd-original-japons-snk-brasil-novo-_JM

found for auction, price is too steep, imo.

Last edited:

Takou

n00b
Burning Fight and League Bowling, nice !

Are there still a lot of NeoGeo Do Brazil sealed games for sale ?

I still have Viewpoint US / Last Resort US / Street Hoop US / Top Hunter US all sealed with brasilian manual.

kuk

Benimaru's Hairdresser
Hello
So some new games are found, good news, so i change my Bresilian games page (with your game metallizer and my Kof 94 what i forgotten to put online)

Takou is the Man who found all the brazilian game than i have

Last edited: