Thread: Neo Geo (cd) Do brazil

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Super Spy Agent

Neo Geo (cd) Do brazil

Hello

I have a site on the NeoGeo CD, and some people speak at me recently to the import of neogeo cd game, and neogeo cdz in Brazil

Some peaople here have some picture, poster, flyer, manuel of neogeo do brazil on the neogeo cd ?

http://www.neogeocdworld.info/

With regards

cdz was never released in brazil, we do have jpn units here that were independently imported. I noticed Dion said in assembler that there where colored boxed cdzs in brazil, but that never happened. I follow the Brazilian online market for 13 years already. If it was out there I would have seen it by now. I meant argue this with him on that forum but that guy is not worth my little free time.

These are the systems SNK's branch Neo Geo do Brasil sold here:

http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/album.php?albumid=153

All top loaders, transcoded to PAL-M (a variation of NTSC but with the PAL-N color stream), Portuguese bios setting, (both Euro and USA jumpers active), games start directly in Portuguese mode when available, works in 1995 to 1998 releases and fully localized packaging material.

I have a huge collection of Neo Geo do Brasil neocd ads and flyers scans that I can zip to you.

and last, I've been postponing to help out with the neocd games scans project due to lack of free time. I do have a flatbed scanner and 3/4 of a complete ngcd collection plus I can scan some non-available material like the portuguese neocd manual and the Samsho2 cd translated manual that's the only game manual I've seen in Portuguese.

Super Spy Agent

Hello

thanks for your answer, yes i have the information of the CDZ of Dion, so NG do Brazil never import this console in brazil ? for the NeoGeo CD top loading could i use your picture for my site ?
    If you can scan all the documentation of Brazil it will be very Helpfull
    I buy 4 game with manuel in Portugues but i have not yet : Top Hunter, View Point, Raguy, FF3
    Last edited by kuk; 09-03-2011 at 04:23 PM.

The cdz was never officially imported here, it arrived here independently by the same shops that offered jpn ngcd games at better prices than Neo Geo do Brasil offers.

Yes you can use my album pics in your site, no problem.

I'll gather around what I have here at the moment and upload it you you.

Super Spy Agent

Thanks again,
    if you have more information on neogeo do bazil, i am very intereste by that,
    it's very difficult to have information on the NeoGeo CD, and especialy on the south continent
    so this compagny work between 1995 to 1998 ?
    you live in New Zealand ? What is the situtation in this contry and Australia ?

so the console have an specifique Bios ?
    if you active Euro and USA jumpers, what have you exactlly ?
    Last edited by kuk; 09-04-2011 at 03:50 AM.

Neo Geo do Brasil started here in 1993, SNK bought an already established MVS distributer, Tron Comercio, from that point until the release of ngcd it dealt exclusively with MVS hard & soft lineup.

The ngcd release happened here simultaneously with the north american release, 1995. The hardware was assembled in Brazil to benefit from government tax reductions policies.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=KK82SLCI

From 1995 to 1998, Neo Geo do Brasil had an enduring market campaign with ads in vg magazines in order to stay relevant against Sony, Sega and Nintendo.

The branch closed doors on the very beginning of 1999 when Brazil dropped it's currency parity with U.S. dollars. From 1BRL = 1USD overnight it became 3BRL = 1USD, tripling the price of every SNK product for local customers, basically.

That's briefly what happened, that's lots more into it like, pre-releases, the hyper 64, neoprint, neocarnival, the neogeoworld amusement park etc...

About the Brazil region for the NGCD, it's both USA and EUR jumpers active. Bios wise is the same, it depends if the game support this feature, like most of SNK releases from 1995 starting with Super Sidekick 3 to KOF99. The game boots directly into Portuguese language, of course the game must have that option and if it doesn't the system behave like a USA system.
    Last edited by metallizer; 09-04-2011 at 07:09 PM.

Thread Information