Metal Slug X Fix for 9v-12v Neo's - All converters

furrtek

Super Sidekicks 2
So we need to connect /RESET MVS side to SDRD1 AES side ?
Wait... what ?

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
So we need to connect /RESET MVS side to SDRD1 AES side ?
Wait... what ?

That is correct. But it needs to be able to be turned on and off. If you have it permanently on, some games don't work like NGDEV I think.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Why not connect it to the actual /RESET which should be PROG A33 ?

I don't know. Give it a try on your converter and let me know if it works. Saw your video of the converter, you need to add subtitles to the newer videos man so I can understand...lol

furrtek

Super Sidekicks 2
Sent the thing to a guy who has MSX, will let you know :p
I didn't say anything really interesting in the vid, just that I got Puzzled to work and KOF95 with bad colors. Did a few modifications last night and got MS2 to work also.
Will post here about it when we'll be ready for production.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Sent the thing to a guy who has MSX, will let you know :p
I didn't say anything really interesting in the vid, just that I got Puzzled to work and KOF95 with bad colors. Did a few modifications last night and got MS2 to work also.
Will post here about it when we'll be ready for production.

That's pretty much what I was seeing in the video...lol

Keep us posted when you finish production.

akiravan

n00b
DavidG, I've done your mod to my SMVS2 convertor and it runs PERFECT, AWESOME, GREAT AND SPARKLING CLEAN! (oops, i'm too happy to think well)

A lot of thanks to you, as MSX is one of my favourite neogeo games and i can only play it on aes with my 150in1 cart, and now, with your mod, the original one plays great!

Thanks!

DavidG

Glad to hear it worked well for you.

DavidG, I've done your mod to my SMVS2 convertor and it runs PERFECT, AWESOME, GREAT AND SPARKLING CLEAN! (oops, i'm too happy to think well)

A lot of thanks to you, as MSX is one of my favourite neogeo games and i can only play it on aes with my 150in1 cart, and now, with your mod, the original one plays great!

Thanks!

vtec16

n00b
Hi guys,
these points are correct? I don't have verify, I don't have game yet.
Installed a switch for reading Xian Xi, is ok?

Last edited:

Bay78

Geese's Thug
10 Year Member
Does this work with the new japangameonline converter? I picked it up and it works mint with any MVS cart I threw at it until Metal Slug X. It goes to the universe bios screen and resets. Any suggestions?

Black IcE

Earl's Long Lost Brother,
15 Year Member
Rise+from+your+grave_8e5b8c_6277282.jpg

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Does this work with the new japangameonline converter? I picked it up and it works mint with any MVS cart I threw at it until Metal Slug X. It goes to the universe bios screen and resets. Any suggestions?

5v or non 5v system?

Bay78

Geese's Thug
10 Year Member
Stupid question from me here. What’s the easiest way to tell if your AES is 5V or not? The AC adapter says 10V and it’s a version 3-6 where I followed your guide to fix the jailbars by removing those three traces.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
If your system was a 5V then your 10v AC adapter would make the system release magic smoke instead of playing a game.

Neo Alec

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
Check the label on the bottom of your system. It will say which power supply to use. If it's NEO-POW it's the 5V one.

All systems can be converted to 5V by removing the internal voltage regulator, which would invalidate what the label on the console says. That would only be the case if someone modded it for 5V.