'80s Retro Electro music

SPINMASTER X

I AM NOT FRENCHMAN,, I AM A HUMAN BEING!,
20 Year Member
This video is pure nostalgia. I could watch it over and over.

For all of you wraith fans.

Kristine is another cool artist in line with the others in this thread. Her music really captures that old feeling.

2D_mastur

Is he greater than XD Master?
10 Year Member
JUST heard this on my local indie radio station. Just had to post it on this thread. Suave as fuck.

For all of you wraith fans.
That movie was filmed here in Tucson, used to love it as a kid. Glad to see other fans of it.

Last edited:

OMFG

The Portuguese Chop
15 Year Member
JUST heard this on my local indie radio station. Just had to post it on this thread. Suave as fuck.

I think I first heard that track a few weeks ago on SiruisXMU. I was very surprised.

This was on the Download 15 list as well:

I had this blasting in the car with the top down this past weekend. Not a lot comes close to old school Cabaret Voltaire..

2D_mastur

10 Year Member
After learning of the artist(s) College, from this thread, I decided to give a lot of their stuff a listen. Really great stuff but, this track in particular blew my fucking mind.

This shit needs to be a movie ST or something.

Last edited:

DeadPixels

Beast Buster
After learning of the artist(s) College, from this thread, I decided to give a lot of their stuff a listen. Really great stuff but, this track in particular blew my fucking mind.

This shit needs to be a movie ST or something.

Awesome choice, one of my favorites from College.

Heard this the other night after watching Hobo with a Shotgun and it gave my penis chills.

More Hobo/Retro/Electro goodness.

And just for the sake of its awesomeness.

Joe T.

Crazed MVS Addict
10 Year Member
I used to be big time into collecting electro records, so I could go on forever, but for now I'll just mention a few labels you guys may like:

MinimalRome
Clone- I'm sure you know about clone if you're into the genre
Bunker- One of my all time favorites, there's a lot to sift through however
SD- Syncom Data's Label, not all electro but good abstract music specifically the artist, Duracel
Klakson

Also, check out Kavinsky's label-mate, Gerald Donald aka Arpanet or any of his other numerous pseudonyms. He was in Drexciya as I'm sure some already know.

Last edited:

SPINMASTER X

20 Year Member
GO WATCH DRIVE

EVERYONE IN THIS THREAD NEEDS TO SEE IT RIGHT NOW DAMMIT

PinkSweets

King's Dry Cleaner
This band isn't from the 80's, but it has a similar feel and was definitely heavily inspired. Great track.

Crystal Castles musical style has been described as "ferocious, asphyxiating sheets of warped two-dimensional Gameboy glitches and bruising drum bombast that pierces your skull with their sheer shrill force, burrowing deep into the brain like a fever". -Wikipedia

dullbuoy

Leon Ther,
Mums of Death has a lot more tracks that have that 8-bit video game sound

this song came out last year but i only heard it just this week....sounds like a song that would play near the end of a movie:

+1 for Robert Smith (The Cure) doing vocals on the single version (not the Crystal Castles singer)

it's a cover of this song:

How about Goblin (lots of zombie, euro thriller movies from that era) style music:

less Wraith-ish but cool (somebody took the 80's track and combined it with an old Mamoru Oshii anime)

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
This band isn't from the 80's, but it has a similar feel and was definitely heavily inspired. Great track.

Crystal Castles musical style has been described as "ferocious, asphyxiating sheets of warped two-dimensional Gameboy glitches and bruising drum bombast that pierces your skull with their sheer shrill force, burrowing deep into the brain like a fever". -Wikipedia

weird to read this as I am wearing a Crystal Castles shirt, and I feel that they do not apply well here. CC is just 8bit electronica. Not retro.

BigTinz

VT's Bitch , You can fuck this mouth for a fruit c
Aww I think CC fits in.

I would hope this thread welcomes all electronica with a focus on the 80s/retro scene.

dullbuoy

Leon Ther,
probably too obvious or known but hasn't been posted in this thread:

had to look for vids that are like retro comps of that era moviewise....hell, it's even got Flight of The Navigator in there!

slightly off tangent, but it took a year after this was released before I realized where the synth was taken from:

it's a fuckin Michael McDonald synth...G-Funk!

Last edited:

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Aww I think CC fits in.

I would hope this thread welcomes all electronica with a focus on the 80s/retro scene.

They could fit in. But the choice of song determines it. Magic Spells is their most retro song, imo.

BigTinz

VT's Bitch , You can fuck this mouth for a fruit c
Never listened to Futurecop! before, good stuff!

SPINMASTER X

20 Year Member
MPM aka Multipac just released a new track. It's a damn good chillwave track for cruising during a sunrise or a sunset.

SPINMASTER X

20 Year Member
Yeah real chill. Good for just relaxing and thinking about stuff while a montage goes off in your head. I definitely needed this track last night after I drove home from a dubstep party that made it feel like I got smacked upside the head with a dozen drills.

By the way who remembers Fright Night II?

Last edited:

2D_mastur

10 Year Member
Stumbled upon this on youtube.

Pretty good song, set to a classic scene in movie history. This Neros77 sure does have some good taste.