'80s Retro Electro music

SPINMASTER X

I AM NOT FRENCHMAN,, I AM A HUMAN BEING!,
20 Year Member
I found a few new artists and a record label that specializes in this music. I am one happy camper cuz I've worn Kavinsky and Danger the fuck out. I thought I'd share this with you guys since I know a bunch of you would appreciate it.

This is "Powerglove". This track has some Streets of Rage samples.

I'm totally in love with this track. Makes me think of the first Terminator for some odd reason.

The following artists all come from the "Rosso Corsa" record label. This is my new favorite record label :D http://rossocorsarecords.com/

"ActRaiser"

"MPM" aka "Multipac"

"Lazerhawk"

I'm not gonna post the rest of them cuz there are many more so you can explore and discover them yourselves.

2D_mastur

Is he greater than XD Master?
10 Year Member
Nice stuff. Whenever I hear music like this I think of final fight, for some odd reason.

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member

Spin you should probably just go and get the entire Zombi discography.

SPINMASTER X

20 Year Member

Spin you should probably just go and get the entire Zombi discography.

I didn't care much for that track but the songs from their Cosmos album sounds like oldschool videogame music. I swear that music belongs in a shooter cuz it made me feel like I was in space in the 80s or early 90s.

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
These dudes put out a 5 track vinyl release of Carpenter ST covers and it pretty cool.

Also check out Rude 66, some good stuff if you look for it.

On an actual oldschool note find the Laser self titled album from 1979. It is amazing, I know it's been reissued but still might be hard to get ahold of.

Cylotron

ヾ(⌐■_■)ノ♪
15 Year Member
how can you bring up 80's electro and not even mention the man... The legend... JUAN ATKINS aka CYBOTRON aka MODEL 500 (his 3 most popular names) !!!!!!!!

That and the mention of Rude 66, id say his best release is "Black Sabbath: The Three Faces Of Fear" followed by his album "Sadistic Tendancies". He also worked on a cover of the Mega Man 2 theme song and did a cover of one of Iron Maidens tracks. I forget the name but its on the Iron Maiden electro tribute compilation entitled Power Slaves.

SPINMASTER X

20 Year Member
how can you bring up 80's electro and not even mention the man... The legend... JUAN ATKINS aka CYBOTRON aka MODEL 500 (his 3 most popular names) !!!!!!!!

That and the mention of Rude 66, id say his best release is "Black Sabbath: The Three Faces Of Fear" followed by his album "Sadistic Tendancies". He also worked on a cover of the Mega Man 2 theme song and did a cover of one of Iron Maidens tracks. I forget the name but its on the Iron Maiden electro tribute compilation entitled Power Slaves.
Maybe I should have been more specific. I meant for this thread to be about music that sounds exactly like film scores and soundtracks from the 80s. I didn't mean the general electro genre. I specifically meant outrun-electro, chillwave and horrorcore etc.

skotgun

Geese's Limo Driver
spin, if you haven't already, check this out:
timthumb.php

BigTinz

VT's Bitch , You can fuck this mouth for a fruit c
Best thread this year.

Don't forget College, they're also on the Valerie label.

SPINMASTER X

20 Year Member
spin, if you haven't already, check this out:
timthumb.php
Oh I've been all over Valerie for a little bit now. It might have been you who put me on to them some time ago. Or maybe it was Buro Destruct. But regardless I love me some Valerie.

Spin, you might like this.

You're wrong... I FUCKIN LOVE IT. I've never heard that Tesla Boy track before. Thanks.

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
Wow Valerie has been putting out some great stuff.

Other awesome shit:

BigTinz

VT's Bitch , You can fuck this mouth for a fruit c
Bumping this thread with a few Danger tracks that everyone has already heard...I just don't wanna let the thread die so soon.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
LazerHawk and Kavinsky are great. I will check out the rest. Not checking the stuff Skot posted unless it's verified by DeadPixels or Spin not to suck.

SPINMASTER X

20 Year Member
Danger's new track. And of course it has those haunting spooky rhythms we all know and love but it's a bit more chill. Sounds like it'd be end credits music for an 80's movie.

LazerHawk and Kavinsky are great. I will check out the rest. Not checking the stuff Skot posted unless it's verified by DeadPixels or Spin not to suck.

They don't suck.