New KOFXIII home port trailer showing even more new content

saner

Krauser's Henchman
Adelheid appearing in Sky Noah stage might mean they aren't being added to the selection. Oh well, more room for Those from the Past members. :)

wow since there are 6 open slots (and it doesn't look like Saiki is usable in Story mode),
2 teams could mean Those from the Past team (yay!) and one other.

Hmmm well if Billy gets their own team too, then I guess Mary and Yamazaki would make sense, kind of. But it would be more interesting if it's like a Billy, Mickey and Momoko team. (Fatal Fury + Art of Fighting + KOF = the Fatal Art Fighters Team?)

but seriously, with Mickey's stage added, I'm guessing Billy will team up with Mickey and.... maybe someone else from AOF?

But they brought back Takuma's AOF2 stage, soooo..... it wouldn't make sense if John or Eiji are added. They might as well add Kasumi, since her resentment towards Kyokugen is greater than anyone else! xD But then that would kind of contradict the Women Fighters arcade ending after boss, since they said none of the women in Pao Pao Cafe participated in the tournament. That would cross out Kasumi, Malin, B.Jenet, Li Xiang, Vanessa, Hotaru and Hinako (unless Yuri was not referring to Vanessa, Hotaru and Hinako, who were sitting someplace else.)

some people expect Eiji, but they might as well add someone different to Billy's team. Like Michael Max (now THAT would be an awesome addition to that team.) But hmm, I think people would be against two boxers in the same team.

Last edited:

alec

Hardcore Neoholic
15 Year Member
I keep getting more and more excited for this release. I haven't played KOF 13 in months, it's got a really solid roster already.

Moon Jump

Alfred Garcia's Butler
I really hope the netcode will be up to par. Hopefully the people at Evo are grilling the team on that this weekend. It's a shame because I love the UM Remakes on XBox Live Arcade, but their pretty much just local Vs. I was playing OMFG a state away and the game still have very noticeable input delay. I'm glad I was able to get both games for 10 bucks a pop, but it'd be nice to play them with other people online.

saner

Krauser's Henchman
even if they have to remove spectating, it would be great to improve the netcode and keep every match as stable as possible. :) KOF95 is actually pretty good netcode so far (though it has its connection problems), I've been able to play with red connection Japan player with no lag. SNKP could really improve the netcode further.

Shito

King of Typists,
20 Year Member
Let's play a bit of a guessing game.

1) The London clock tower stage is for course Billy Kane's, featuring Lily Kane as well.

2) Southtown Factory stage is Flame Iori's no doubt, straight from '95.

3) The Goddess Statue stage is Saiki's, making one again a reference to Evangelion (just as Ash's ending is).

4) The Mexico Kyokungen Doujo stage is most likely intended for training mode.

5) The Dark Alley stage may as well be intended for survival/endless mode.

6) PaoPao Café may refers to another character yet to be unveiled... someone to feature in Billy's team? Another Southtown ex-villain such as Richard? Could be.

7) Sky Noah stae... I pray for Adel to be playable, but know knows. People who played KOF-i know Rose is also the 'extra shopping' character, so that very stage may be used for similar features as well.

alec

Hardcore Neoholic
15 Year Member
Is KOF being played at EVO this year?

Regarding the netcode, isn't this port being developed by somebody else (Atlus) or are they just publishers? NGBC surpassed my low expectations and KOF12 was half-decent post-patch. Then 98UM came out and the lag was terrible.

Poonman

macebronian
15 Year Member
Man, Billy Kane looks cool as fuck. His animations and skillset are a little sparse but who cares...

Just like everyone else on here, I'm prone to daydreaming about my fav character making the cut, but honestly this is more than enough at the moment.

saner

Krauser's Henchman
Let's play a bit of a guessing game.

1) The London clock tower stage is for course Billy Kane's, featuring Lily Kane as well.

2) Southtown Factory stage is Flame Iori's no doubt, straight from '95.

3) The Goddess Statue stage is Saiki's, making one again a reference to Evangelion (just as Ash's ending is).

4) The Mexico Kyokungen Doujo stage is most likely intended for training mode.

5) The Dark Alley stage may as well be intended for survival/endless mode.

6) PaoPao Café may refers to another character yet to be unveiled... someone to feature in Billy's team? Another Southtown ex-villain such as Richard? Could be.

7) Sky Noah stae... I pray for Adel to be playable, but know knows. People who played KOF-i know Rose is also the 'extra shopping' character, so that very stage may be used for similar features as well.

So I guess the Those from the Past headquarters (red sphere) stage will belong to Those from the Past team! :)

And Pao Pao Cafe still hints at Momoko playable. :)

KOF XIII @ Otakon 2011

I got to try out KOF XIII at Otakon 2011.
While I only had time to play it twice, I noticed a couple things:

-The Kyokugen Dojo (as seen in the trailer) has Hayate (from Savage Reign/Kizuna Encounter) in the background.

-Billy is playable; so is Saiki (who plays like a pallet-swap version of Ash, only with dark flames).

-Although the game is still "in development", I did notice a few typos (namely the English text for Maxima's win quote trailing off-screen and one of Athena's super specials called "Psychic Medlry" under her moves list).

All in all, it looks to be coming together quite nicely. Anyone else show up at Otakon and give this game a spin?

Shito

King of Typists,
20 Year Member
Saiki is not a palette-swap, but a sprite mod (long hairs) with exclusives animations as well, just as Flame Iori, Mature/Vice, Clark/Ralf and Joe/Hwa are.

Call me skeptical, but those vids were posted a month and a half ago. Does that mean that, despite what SNKP stated last month, they'll be English voice acting in the game? Or did they add it in but chose to remove it from the upcoming console ports? Granted, I don't recall there being English voice acting in the arcade version, but if it's true they're adding English voice actors, I only hope they include the option to keep Japanese voice actors with English text (unlike, say, Trouble Witches Neo).

Taiso

Remembers The North,
20 Year Member
It's Atlus releasing it stateside.

It's 99% certain to include both voice options.

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
I only hope they include the option to keep Japanese voice actors with English text (unlike, say, Trouble Witches Neo).

My trouble witches neo has the option of JP voices w/ EN subs.

Perhaps your game needs an update?

Last edited:

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member

Moon Jump

Alfred Garcia's Butler
Wow, they actually showed off a game at Otakon. Every year I went no game makers would bother. I did see the SNK table they had years ago at the New York Comic Con. The table had a big piece of paper on it with Metal Slug 1 for the Game Boy Advance saying "COMING SOON!!" I called the SNK Rep over and pointed to it and asked him if he knew about a release date and he had no idea. I did also get to play KOF 94 Rebout on the XBox before they canceled it.

joewolf

n00b
Vanessa, Blue Mary, Ramon??

Check out this screenshot from Amazon! It seems to confirm Vanessa, Blue Mary, and Ramon in the game! Or at least the story cinematics!

71wCqhfEP4L._AA1500_.jpg

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
That pic (among others) was shown in the link of the Japanese official site that Shito posted earlier, but now that the text is in English, I hope it means these 3 are in the game.

Venessa is perfect for balancing the lack of NESTS-era characters (in fact, I'm not interested in any other character from that era, including Angel or whatever).

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
That pic (among others) was shown in the link of the Japanese official site that Shito posted earlier, but now that the text is in English, I hope it means these 3 are in the game.

Venessa is perfect for balancing the lack of NESTS-era characters (in fact, I'm not interested in any other character from that era, including Angel or whatever).

Lack? Right now without looking it up somewhere I count three chars from that era..K', Maxima, Kula.

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
That was my point lol. They are the only ones.

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
More than enough to be honest. 99 and 2000 were great games (not 2001) but most of the new chars pretty much sucked (Maxima for example). I'd love to see more classic Fatal Fury guys in this...like Cheng :D