New KOFXIII home port trailer showing even more new content

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
Taken from http://cyberfanatix.com/:

* Shown four new stages: Adelheid Bernstein’s Skynoah from KOF 2003, Micky Roger’s Downtown stage from Art of Fighting, the Rooftop of the Rose Stadium, and a new stage which seems to be the Headquarters from the Those from the Past group.

* The video reveals more animated cutscenes, probably new intros and endings included.

* Global online play – challenge anyone anywhere around the world. Online play optimised for broadband/fibre-optic high speed internet connections. Reduces the amount of time player have to wait for a match. Increases the speed of the overall game and reduces lag.

* Featuring over 30 playable characters from the history of SNK’s best selling games, including the return of fan favorites such as Billy Kane and five new characters never before seen in previous KOF games.

* Multiple special endings depending on special formed teams, just like they did from KOF 97 onwards.

* Unlockable customisation options to make your fighter unique – choose from over 20 colour types, parts and icons.

* Ten game modes for the full KOF experience – choose from Arcade, Story, Versus, Mission, Online and more.

Furthermore, it is revealed that Rising Star it’s going to publish KOF XIII for the European market. And their OFFICIAL PAGE prove it.

Please visit our forums and join us in the hype, with more screenshots and info coming out from the oven.

Special thanks to Evil_Yagami for the quick heads up.

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
I wonder if these new backgrounds are any indication of who might be added. Having Adelheid's 2003 background backs up the rumors of his appearance. If Micky makes it into the game too, that would make me so happy. I've always wanted more AoF recognition in KOF. You can see Mr Big and Karman Cole (?) in his background.

Also, I wonder if they are gonna cover KOF2003 + KOFXI's story in this game similar to what the new MK did.

Edit:

US box art (cyberfanatix):

358332817-1.jpg

Last edited:

Poonman

macebronian
15 Year Member
Those characters in casual attire need to be unlockable costumes one day.

One thing I'll praise SNKP for is how they use complimentary art to open windows into the lives of their characters beyond the tournaments.

Not to bash Capcom but that's one thing they never bothered with. Dudley still prunes roses and drinks tea with his boxing gloves on, Guy still wears ninja garb to the gym etc.

Last edited:

Jedah Doma

Chroma Ma' Doma!,
Box art looks sweet. Here's hoping the game plays as nice as it looks.

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
One thing I'll praise SNKP for is how they use complimentary art to open windows into the lives of their characters beyond the tournaments.

100% agreed. Although I think this trend used to be implemented better in the past.

Edit: Blog section was re-opened in the official site:

http://game.snkplaymore.co.jp/official/kof-xiii/blog/archives/2011/07/post_30.html

It has a pic confirming more new characters are in the way, and a slightly modified version of the trailer above:

it shows gameplay footage of Billy, Saiki and EX Iori!!!

Last edited:

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
Who is this Shroom character people asking for or expecting to be in the final release?

Taiso

Remembers The North,
20 Year Member
Man, they are hitting all the right beats with this one. Every little thing about this game is looking awesome.

The new backgrounds are nice tributes to us long time fans.

It looks absolutely LOADED with play modes.

It's got tons of 1P modes, enhanced story mode with anime style cutscenes, challenge mode and I'm sure there will be content to unlock.

Looks like the only things I need to concern myself with now are the netcode and the AI for 1P mode. If the online is tight and the AI isn't all spazzed out, they've got a total winner here, something I will practically force everyone I know to buy.

Giga Power

Host for Orochi,
I'm so excited. I hated XII, as I think most did, but everything about this game is shaping up. I can't wait. Love the fact that we're getting classic Iori...and the idea of DLC characters in general. HYPE.

Rig

Tarma's Gun Polisher
Just got an email from Atlus (can't link at work) that says you'll get a "4-CD Soundtrack Compilation" (their biggest preorder bonus ever).

Sounds good to me!

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member
Just got an email from Atlus (can't link at work) that says you'll get a "4-CD Soundtrack Compilation" (their biggest preorder bonus ever).

Sounds good to me!

trailer looks great and that's an awesome pre-order bonus. I hope the game is region free (I have a jpn 360). I think it should be since i am pretty sure KOF XII was.

But even if not, I may have to suck it up and import the japanese version then...hope it also comes with the bonus cds...

Moon Jump

Alfred Garcia's Butler
Atlus just put it out on Twitter a few minutes ago about the CD offer. Nothing yet on Amazon if they are going to carry it. Hopefully they will because I pretty much only use Amazon to get stuff off the innernets.

Poonman

macebronian
15 Year Member
So these 5 characters never before seen in a KOF...are they talking about the ones they already have like Hwa Jai, Saiki etc?

I guess that leaves 3 more to be announced.

Pretty sure Orochi leona will be another DLC along with Flame Iori though.

cyriades

Super Spy Agent
Looks like the only things I need to concern myself with now are the netcode and the AI for 1P mode. If the online is tight and the AI isn't all spazzed out, they've got a total winner here, something I will practically force everyone I know to buy.

^ This. It's looking like fighting game of the year material, and that's saying something, given all of the fighting game buzz lately.

saner

Krauser's Henchman
I think at least 3 of the 5 "new" characters yet to be revealed will be from Those from the Past. They are the main villains in this saga, so they deserve their own playable team (not counting Saiki. But if he counts as part of the official TFTP team trio in this, then at least add Botan and one other as playables.)

They are doing good job giving TFTP more involvement in the story, but they really should have 3 slots reserved for their members that haven't fought before.

That Atlus boxart looks cool but I feel the one in the TRAILER looks 10000 times better. Maybe that's the special edition box art?

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
That Atlus boxart looks cool but I feel the one in the TRAILER looks 10000 times better. Maybe that's the special edition box art?

European boxart (handled by Rising Star).

Edit (lol):

Atlus has updated the US website:

http://www.atlus.com/kofxiii/

Go to the characters section, pick a character and check the commands list. AWESOME lol. You can also see more of Iori 98 and his KOF95 background. Same goes to Billy.

EX Iori is not just in his no. 10 color version of his normal form. His cloths look completely redone.

Last edited:

saner

Krauser's Henchman
Very nice! It seems like pre-ordering ASAP might help get the pre-order exclusive gift. :)

kofxiii_faithful_cdreveal_crop.jpg

Taiso

Remembers The North,
20 Year Member
Just pre-reserved for both consoles. This may be the game that gets me wanting to play competitively again.

Provided there's good netcode.

alec

Hardcore Neoholic
15 Year Member
Why is the PS3 box art so much better than the xbox art? Thank god this is Ash's final chapter. The arcade game is fun as hell, I hope this release will push the machines around to 25 cents a game.

Shito

King of Typists,
20 Year Member
According to the Japanese trailer, "Honoo wo Torimoshita Iori" (Flame-Regained Iori) is a downloadable character. :)

This release looks awesome to tell the least. I'm kinda hoping for Adel to bepresent as a secret character, tweaking the storyline to a happier ending where Ash has not to sacrifice (self-erase) himself. :)

In fact, the JPN homepage for the game recently had a radical upgrade, including illustrated storyline insights...

http://game.snkplaymore.co.jp/official/kof-xiii/story/index.html

...including Adel's!

We can now see the Botan-controlled Rose leaving behind his shocked brother to take the lead in the tournament hosting.

Indeed Shroom and Rimelo seem to get more and more cutscene spotlight, and the whole storyline seems like being enriched like never before. :)

According to the game route selecting mask, two other full team are expected to featured in the game. That may include a 'bad guys team' (for Saner's joy ;) ) and maybe a team for Billy himself.

You can see everything about the new character here:

http://game.snkplaymore.co.jp/official/kof-xiii/character/index.html

Last edited: