Page 5 of 52 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: you found out you can't post new threads in the master forum! what can you do?

Baseball Star Hitter

Quote Originally Posted by heavyd203 View Post
    Hello, found this forum while doing research on CMVS builders. I'm excited to finally get the CMVS so I can play the classics I remember from my youth like World Heroes and Samurai Showdown. Looking forward to spending time on the forums here.
    If you're interested I can build you a CMVS. It would look like this...

Looking for UK copies of Dive Alert Becky's Version, Puzzle Link 1 and 2, Gals Fighters, and Pocket Reversi.
    http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=41108&dateline=145772  3980

Timid Neo Newbie

[QUOTE=wyndcrosser;3534692]If you're interested I can build you a CMVS. It would look like this...

Thanks, but I've actually already requested one from the same site that pic came from. If, for some reason, that doesn't work out, I'll let you know.

New Challenger

Quote Originally Posted by Bardoly View Post
    Another daily "Hello!"
    Well, I'm still here, but I still can't post new threads or PM members.
    Hopefully one day soon...

New Challenger

Well, I'm still here, but I still can't post new threads or PM members.
    Hopefully one day soon...
    ...Apparently, that day has not yet come...

Okay, neophyte MVS owner question: where's the best place to get replacement MVS buttons and joysticks? I've searched around a bit and keep hitting dead ends. I'm not exactly a stickler for incredible quality; the buttons nominally work now, but they don't register every time and occasionally get stuck (and the sticks feel slightly sluggish), so replacing them seems like something I should do if it's affordable enough.

Quote Originally Posted by graham View Post
    Okay, neophyte MVS owner question: where's the best place to get replacement MVS buttons and joysticks? I've searched around a bit and keep hitting dead ends. I'm not exactly a stickler for incredible quality; the buttons nominally work now, but they don't register every time and occasionally get stuck (and the sticks feel slightly sluggish), so replacing them seems like something I should do if it's affordable enough.
    If its a big red then they are happs. You can get everything from paradisearcade.com
    Quote Originally Posted by Skillzguy View Post
    I sometimes wish I didn't have Aspergers as I feel game related collecting would be a mild hobby rather than an obsession.

赤裸裸的汽車人

I don't think I've ever created a thread here before.

dude, you're awful at this, you didn't even tried.

New Challenger

Woo hoo!

I can PM and create new topics! The powaah! The sheer unmitigated powaaaaah!

I'll have to create an introduction thread sometime soon.

Calvin & Hobbes

Woo hoo!

I can PM and create new topics! The powaah! The sheer unmitigated powaaaaah!

I'll have to create an introduction thread sometime soon.
    Congrats...

This is the sort of behaviour we expect from new members... just waiting for the PRIVILEGE of gaining access to the forums...

No weird spamming posts.. without reading the FAQS.... reading the froums and seeing how it works...

xROTx

PS. Cum to chat anytime... I promize i won't raporz you... initially...

Bashful Neophyte

Aright so I a have a question, I realize its in bad taste to say take a dedicated cab and turn it into a mame cab. Whats every one veiw on rededicating it to some thing else i have been searching my area for a long time and have yet to see a neo geo cab come up for sale. I have recently considered just buying a similar style cab and just converting it over with the mvs hardware, is this. Type of conversion still in good taste.

Bloodhound

convert it to a 4 button neo cab

you're good

Quote Originally Posted by GuerrillawarSNK View Post
    Aright so I a have a question, I realize its in bad taste to say take a dedicated cab and turn it into a mame cab. Whats every one veiw on rededicating it to some thing else i have been searching my area for a long time and have yet to see a neo geo cab come up for sale. I have recently considered just buying a similar style cab and just converting it over with the mvs hardware, is this. Type of conversion still in good taste.
    Yea I agree with turning another woody into a MVS cab. You should try finding a field conversion kit. That would make it an official conversion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Skillzguy View Post
    I sometimes wish I didn't have Aspergers as I feel game related collecting would be a mild hobby rather than an obsession.

Bashful Neophyte

Whats the best option for boards. I was thinking about going the mvs 2 slot route and just. Puting my favorite carts in there to keep from having change them as often. This will also be my first build so is there any option that would be more user friendly, as far the build goes.

Fug:DDDDD

Joined because I'm consolizing a MV-1C and getting into the Neo Geo community, I'm also currently working on a cycle accurate neo geo emulator in C# but that's far from completion I don't have anything done except maybe 60% of a 68000 core and a memory map. Anyways I can't seem to make new threads or what not but got a couple of questions on consolizing my MV-1C. There's apparently a fuse missing on my board, is this necessary to run in consolized form? I understand there are some components that you can remove since they're only require dif you wish to keep a cab setup, if not I suppose I'll need to be getting a 5amp fuse for this thing. I've got several other questions but would like this answered first. I powered the board today but I'm not getting any video out, I tried jumping this fuse block to see if that would do the trick but it didn't, still curious though.

Fug:DDDDD

Bypassed the fuse, MVS booted up . I'll pick up a 5 amp fuse that fits this tomorrow, I have one but it's too long.

Last edited by Pasky; 05-14-2013 at 12:38 AM.

great looking MVS shot!

Pupil of Bonus-Kun

Pasky, what are you using for controllers?

You have been
    Officially WY'OWED!

Quote Originally Posted by mastamuzz View Post
    Welcome to NEO-GEO.COM!
    Thanks for having me. I look forward to being able to start threads in the future. For now, I'll just introduce myself. My name is Nick. I first bought a Neo Geo game 20 years ago in 1993. I was a teenager and couldn't afford a system but I spotted a used copy of Art of Fighting for sale in a local game store. I paid 60 pounds for it - quite an investment at the time - and hoped to pick up a console. However, I was offered 100 for it at another store and sold it. About a year later, I finally managed to find a used AES system for 200 with Viewpoint. I had a Mega Drive and was a big fan of shmups so I took the plunge. Subsequently, I got a Neo Geo CD and could finally afford to buy games. I owned that machine until 2003 when I decided to sell off a good chunk of my video game collection.

Ten years on, disillusioned with modern gaming, I felt a need to get back into the classic games of my youth. So far, I have Fatal Fury Special and Samurai Shodown 2, and am on the lookout for a reasonably priced console. I recently found a great deal on a Genesis 2 / Sega 2 eBay lot with a bunch of games and accessories. I also bought a Sony PVM-20M2U because playing classic games on a HDTV didn't feel right. Thanks to a thread in this forum, I constructed a SCART to BNC adapter and am having fun with the Genesis. I look forward to building up a new collection of games and systems.

New Challenger

Help

Hi I'm new ,I came up on a cab I don't know the model type i know this much it's mvs 4slot
    Attached Images Attached Images

New Challenger

I need help

Calvin & Hobbes

Quote Originally Posted by um_Raaaa View Post
    I need help
    Why?

Just wondering...

xROTx

Paris-Dakar Rally Driver
    Dakar 2003

Just made my largest purcahse yet - Eight *8* Man on the AES English.

What am I in for, (ladies and) gentleman?

drunk downunder!
    aka. Muff Diver.

Quote Originally Posted by housethemous View Post
    Just made my largest purcahse yet - Eight *8* Man on the AES English.

What am I in for, (ladies and) gentleman?
    Just you wait brother, you're in for a ride! Also get Legend of Success Joe while you're at it! Another beat banging, good time spendin' title.

!!

Known Scammer
    DO NOT DEAL WITH!
    The Management.

Quote Originally Posted by lachlan View Post
    Just you wait brother, you're in for a ride! Also get Legend of Success Joe while you're at it! Another beat banging, good time spendin' title.

Paris-Dakar Rally Driver
    Dakar 2003

Quote Originally Posted by lachlan View Post
    Oh god. What have I done?

Thread Information