you found out you can't post new threads in the master forum! what can you do?

Tung Fu Rue's Prize Student
20 Year Member
Fair enough. I tell you this - am I GLAD that I happen to live apparently 15 min from channel maniacs shop in case I have any board problems :D

The guy is a wizard.

And welcome neighbor!

riggy469

n00b
Hi! New to the forums. I bought a Neo Geo 4 slot a few months ago, but life has been pretty busy so its been neglected until now. I currently have a Windjammers and 161-in-1 cart installed. One slot is faulty, the other three are fine. Doesn't really bother me.

Its running UniBios 2.1, which I know nothing about. :)

I'm a pinball guy, not so much into arcade games, but I always loved Neo Geo when I was growing up.

I'm happy to be here, and hopefully someone can point me in the right direction to an issue I am having, once I can post in the Tech forums.

Jonmkl

Rasputin's Rose Gardener
The way joining this forum works reminds me of FFXI online, you had to grind to level 11 alone before you could start joining parties or experiencing anything resembling actual content..

Or like Neo-Geo.com is your big brother and they handed you the second player controller while they play a single player game because you're too young to tell it's not controlling anything!

I kid I kid, I understand how hard you have to work to keep a forum this "tight-knit" :-P

On an unrelated note FFXI sucked, I just went back to PSO

Jonmkl

Rasputin's Rose Gardener
I have a question for all the leet consolizers around here! I likely want to get a smaller cmvs to keep in my room because my Big Red abides somewhere else and will likely continue to do so and my 4 slot cmvs that I made is, I'm gonna be honest, really ugly.

I love the stuff that analogue is doing but I prefer something with a little more of an 'arcade' feeling to it, so my question is this. Where does one get a sweet metal front plate like this cmvs has: http://youtu.be/qJ0nEUkirPk and should I decide to go with one similar to this style does anyone here make ones like it?

Hawk

Crossed Swords Squire
Haha just saw this! I have a ton of MVS help I need! I am a big game collector and am getting into Neo Geo. Just wanted to say hi in this thread and hope to post soon!

The_Pope

n00b
Welcome to the Neo-Geo Construct. It's a big, white, empty room you enter when you join this forum, eh? :)

By way of introduction, I live in London, UK and I have owned my NGPC collection since launch in 1999. I knew the PR guy who launched the Pocket Colour into the UK and was lucky enough to get started with a Silver console and every launch title (around 10?). I ran a handheld gaming website called PocketGamer.net for a couple of years with the boys from EuroGamer.net, and started collecting from there.

Hawk

Crossed Swords Squire
Welcome pope! I am a noob here aswell! I actually checked out Pocketgamer.net back in the day!

Hawk

Crossed Swords Squire
Hey guys wish I could post but I guess not. So I will just put my questions here.

I am on the verge of buying a local MVS machine. I am wondering what fair market is on these. Guy has quite a few games with it. Cab is clean and original. Anything to look for on them when I go to take a look at it?

Any help would be great!

Hello everyone, I'm a newbie here. I just got a NeoGeo MVS 4-25 ver.2.
Anyway, I had two questions, since I can't make a thread in the wtb section,
Does anyone have a copy of pulstar in good condition they are willing to sell?
Also, how the heck tmdo you pm? I'm not sure if I'm just being a n00b or
don't have the authority to do it yet.

Thanks!

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
Hello everyone, I'm a newbie here. I just got a NeoGeo MVS 4-25 ver.2.
Anyway, I had two questions, since I can't make a thread in the wtb section,
Does anyone have a copy of pulstar in good condition they are willing to sell?
Also, how the heck tmdo you pm? I'm not sure if I'm just being a n00b or
don't have the authority to do it yet.

Thanks!

ask kidpanda for a pulstar- he'll be sure to hook you up.

also- you are brand new. you have limited access to all. no pm'ing. no starting threads. limited access. hang out and contribute a bit to current threads (please no necrobumps). show that you are not a bot and want to contribute to this community and a mod will eventually unlock your account after an undisclosed amount of time.

welcome to the fold. enjoy your stay.

Mugicha

3t3rn@l n00b,
10 Year Member
ask kidpanda for a pulstar- he'll be sure to hook you up.

lulz.

Welcome aboard Psycho! it seriously won't be long before you have full access so dont sweat it m8:)

Jonmkl

Rasputin's Rose Gardener
show that you are not a bot and want to contribute to this community and a mod will eventually unlock your account after an undisclosed amount of time.

ahhhHAH!! So THAT'S how it goes down! Alright, launching mod exceptance plan no. 8!
> Invite a Mod over for dinner
> play some Barry White
> light some candles
> watch Godzilla vs Mothra vs King Ghidora: Giant Monsters All Out Attack
> ????
> Cry in the shower overcome with regret?

Hawk

Crossed Swords Squire
Sorry to repost this but I am going to look at the cab in the morning. Would like some help if I could get it.

I am on the verge of buying a local 4 slot all original MVS machine. I am wondering what fair market is on these. Guy has quite a few games with it. Cab is clean and original. Anything to look for on them when I go to take a look at it?

This will be my first arcade machine ever so I am new to the whole thing. If it works am I pretty much in the clear?

Any help would be great!

Sorry to repost this but I am going to look at the cab in the morning. Would like some help if I could get it.

I am on the verge of buying a local 4 slot all original MVS machine. I am wondering what fair market is on these. Guy has quite a few games with it. Cab is clean and original. Anything to look for on them when I go to take a look at it?

This will be my first arcade machine ever so I am new to the whole thing. If it works am I pretty much in the clear?

Any help would be great!

Hey Hawk, all I can tell you is mine came with about 10 games, it had the light mod done to the marquee and had the low sound issue, which I believe means the caps need to be replaced. I paid 500.00 for it.

I made sure to test each slot checked for a unibios, monitor burn in and the headphone jacks before I made the offer.

Take it for what its worth, hope it helps.

To everyone else, thanks, I'm glad to be here! :)

Hawk

Crossed Swords Squire
Thanks for the reply!

How do I test the Unibios etc?

Jonmkl

Rasputin's Rose Gardener
I got my 4-slot cab for $400 which from what i've seen is really good, at least for my area where they are almost non-existent, and especially since mine was clean and in good condition and doesn't need anything but some minor cosmetic repairs.

Of course I'm really not sure how much that helps since prices and sales seem to vary widely, I see them go for 600 to 800 a lot actually, but it seems like when buying them locally 500 isn't too hard a price to find!

Also definitely check the things that dark lord mentioned and test a game on it as well to check the controls and screen (screens can be a butt to fix).
See if he's got an asking price and if he doesn't, or if you feel his is too much, make an offer, and most importantly don't get all nervous! After all he wants to sell it and you want to give him money for it, shouldn't be too hard to come into agreement :-P Just go by what you feel the cab is worth and Good Luck!

Hawk

Crossed Swords Squire
Thanks Jon he wants right around that neighbor hood. What is the Unibios? Sure he will let me play it etc.

Jonmkl

Rasputin's Rose Gardener
Thanks Jon he wants right around that neighbor hood. What is the Unibios? Sure he will let me play it etc.

Unibios is a replacement bios for the Neo that lets you change modes to different regions or play in either MVS or AES mode, as well as make settings adjustments and enable cheats and so forth. It's very popular especially for consolized MVS's. You should be able to see if unibios is installed by the boot screen where it'll say unibios and the version in green text.

For more info here's their site: http://unibios.free.fr

Hawk

Crossed Swords Squire
Thanks!

Ya the cab I am going to go look at is all original. Nothing has been tinkered with.

Hawk

Crossed Swords Squire
Oh nice find! Wayback machine for the win! Thanks for posting!

thieslo

Geese's Thug
10 Year Member
I have a 4 slot version just like your cab (not the tall 4-slot, v3 cab). Pretty much the only differences I see right off the bat is the marquee is different (no big deal, especially since the EL lights are almost always dead), your board is oriented perpendicular instead of parallel to the front.

Also, knowing about 2 slots, they had to slide directly into the memory card slot near the front. So if you plan on using memory cards in the future (really not needed) then you may need the memory card/headphone jack board) that mounts underneath the control panel.

The main things I would look for is cabinet shape, monitor (is it bright and is there screen burn?), and whether every slot works. Aside from that, I see these things range from 100$ to 700$. If you are getting it with 10 games for 500$ then there is a good chance you have your money back in the games/board alone.

As far as the Unibios, I wouldn't worry about it. I believe you can buy a new unibios for about 35$ or if you know someone with a burner you can get one cheaper and on a 4 slot they are simple to change out (socket, so no soldering).

My cabinet came with a very dark monitor, but no screen burn. After replacing all of the capacitors (small improvement) and then replacing the flyback (huge improvement) the thing looks brand new. Total cost of a cap kit and the flyback was only about 45$ and some soldering work on your end.

Jonmkl

Rasputin's Rose Gardener
It seems that its a 2-25 that was converted to a 4 slot?

Very interesting! The board is mounted differently then my 4 slot, in mine the cartridges face you, but really there isn't too much difference between this one and the normal 4 slots. You could always pick up something like this: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Neo-Geo-4-S...ultDomain_0&hash=item3cca558f93#ht_500wt_1413
I would check and see if it'll fit first though!

and I actually think I saw one of the PCBs from behind the 4 slot marquee that makes it light up on sale on ebay the other day so you might be able to find one of those too if you want.