you found out you can't post new threads in the master forum! what can you do?

Hawk

Crossed Swords Squire
Ya I didnt notice I guess if it had the memory card board in it or not. I dont really have a need for it. Probably gonna grab a unibios now!

Gotta go pick it up I have wanted one of these for years! So happy to get one! :tickled:

Hawk

Crossed Swords Squire
So the marquee is back-lit with EL? I just figured there was a light back there. Can you get replacements so it lights up again?

Jonmkl

Rasputin's Rose Gardener
You Can! Search around for some tutorials and they will show you how, and usually where you can get replacements from. It's not too hard to find.

Hawk

Crossed Swords Squire
Ya just found it was searching wrong terms I guess. I am glad I found the battery thread aswell!

Hawk

Crossed Swords Squire
I keep reading about dip settings? I know there are dip settings one the motherboard but how do you do them for the games? Are they on the carts or what?

Akille68

Crazed MVS Addict
I am a newbie here. Just taken a MVS 2 slot that would like to consolize without the 5v mod. I found a good 12v5v psu, but need some help to make the job done. I found tutorials on jamma nation, but are not complete, especially for me taht would like to remain in the dual voltage scenario.
Any help to open a specific thread?
Thank U.
Ale

ucprod

n00b
Hello Neo-Geo forum,

I'm new to posting but I have been lurking for the last few months. I am now ready to post a question and I hope someone can help. I have an J-AES system that is not working properly. I get a green screen (Palette RAM error) when I power it up with no cart. I've searched the forum for a fix to this issue but there doesn't seem to be an easy solution. (I have never handled a soldering iron, let alone modded a system.)

Is there something painless that I am missing? Or is is the only real fix to replace the video ram chips?

Thanks!

Hello forum,

Been an on-and-off lurker here for several years. I grew up playing arcade games in the 80's and 90's but didn't really understand what a NEOGEO was until the arcade era was ending. Love Samurai Shodown I and II, Metal Slug series, many of the sports games, NAM 1975, Crossed Swords, and others. Every time I looked into owning the real hardware, the cartridge prices drove me away. So I've enjoyed the digital downloads and collections for PSP, Wii, Xbox 360, and iOS, and grabbed up a NEOGEO X as soon as they were available.

So now that I'm enjoying my NGX, I'm finding that my primary use of it is at home, as a "faux" AES. Which has been a blast, but I know it's not arcade-perfect.. so I have a question.

How feasible is it for me to pick up a consolized MVS or an AES with NEOGEO arcade sticks and a good game or two for $250-$300? I know I should probably be patient and wait for the NGX to get firmware updates and see which games are released this year, but I can't help but ask. It's a sickness I've had a long time. Thanks.

Mac91

I wonder if anyone saved my dickpic?
10 Year Member
Yeah, I'm fervently waiting to be able to start threads and do things... Cheers for the info!

Mendel

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy
How feasible is it for me to pick up a consolized MVS or an AES with NEOGEO arcade sticks and a good game or two for $250-$300?

You could ask from Xian Xi if he could make a cmvs to you and what is the cost on that. You might be pleasantly surprised.

His website is here: http://www.jamma-nation-x.com/jammax/gallery.html

He also sells MVS games here: http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showthread.php?239886-FS-MVS-Carts-Batch5

however... you should also consider this: do you have space for an actual arcade cabinet?
If you do, it seems like there are often good deals on neo geo cabinets in ebay and on this and various other forums.

Third option is a bit more complicated:
Spoiler:

Supergun+mvs motherboard solution is feasible to do for the cheap if you know what you need.

First you need a neo geo motherboard. Those are often for sale here in this forum. Shouldnt be more than 100 dollars shipped.

Second, you need a supergun. This will connect your television to your mvs motherboard. Examples below:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Mk-5-Voga...eo_Games_Coin_Operated_MJ&hash=item23268db62a
or
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/JAMMA-ARC...eo_Games_Coin_Operated_MJ&hash=item4d08185ea1
Which one? depends on your tv. (s-video or scart)

Then you need controller:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/SNK-NEO-GEO...934?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item257937b136

Also you would need a power supply:
You´ll want to ask for something modular and quiet. Any shop that builds custom pc computers should be a good place to ask for an atx psu. I wouldn´t worry too much about wattage, almost any atx psu should be powerful enough as long as it works in your local power sockets :)

Think twice before getting an AES since many of the games are very, very expensive

Last edited:
Thanks for the response, Mendel.

Yeah I'd be suffering the Laser Stare of Death if I tried to bring in an actual MVS cab, so I am likely going to try to a CMVS one of these days. Won't be anytime soon by the look of things but the NGX can tide me over til that magical rainbow-filled day.

Mendel

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy
Oh, in that case I recommend you go for option 3 and kind of gradually sneak in components telling your family they´re just cheap spare parts that you need so your thingamazik doesn´t explode or something. Try to find a mv1f or mv1c motherboard first :)

chuckfu

n00b
Hello forum,

Been an on-and-off lurker here for several years. I grew up playing arcade games in the 80's and 90's but didn't really understand what a NEOGEO was until the arcade era was ending. Love Samurai Shodown I and II, Metal Slug series, many of the sports games, NAM 1975, Crossed Swords, and others. Every time I looked into owning the real hardware, the cartridge prices drove me away. So I've enjoyed the digital downloads and collections for PSP, Wii, Xbox 360, and iOS, and grabbed up a NEOGEO X as soon as they were available.

So now that I'm enjoying my NGX, I'm finding that my primary use of it is at home, as a "faux" AES. Which has been a blast, but I know it's not arcade-perfect.. so I have a question.

How feasible is it for me to pick up a consolized MVS or an AES with NEOGEO arcade sticks and a good game or two for $250-$300? I know I should probably be patient and wait for the NGX to get firmware updates and see which games are released this year, but I can't help but ask. It's a sickness I've had a long time. Thanks.

I'm a new guy that is trying to make the same decision. I'm leaning toward getting an Omega consolized MVS. Of course then, I would have to try and track down some controllers. They seem pretty hard to come by. I thought about getting a NGX. Reading up on the pro's and con's of it actually lead me here. I've pretty much decided to take the money i would have spent on it and put toward the Omega and a multicart to start out with. I've eyeballed a couple of Cabinets for sale but I'm prett sure my wife wouldn't tolerate one. :)

graham

n00b
Hello Neo-Geo.com forums! I don't know where else to post this, as it seems like the proper etiquette when joining a forum is to introduce yourself, but you can't make a thread introducing yourself in the "make a thread to introduce yourself" forum until you've been posting a while? I don't know. I'm probably doing something wrong. Any guidance, oh wise veterans?

FrancisGC

n00b
My questions are more or less the exact same as graham's. It appears that I can't private message others or view profiles until I've spent a little more time on here, is that correct?

graham

n00b
Okay, then! I guess I still should introduce myself first, so I'll do so right here where I'm able.

-----

Hi Neo-Geo.com community! I'm Graham. Um, yep. Super-clever screen name, I know.

After a long search (due to not being located in or around Southern California), I managed to pick up an MVS a few weeks ago. It's an MVS-2-25, with what seems like the original monitor (in nice shape, considering) and a handful of games. It needs a little love, and I plan on giving it the care it needs to keep it happy and healthy.

So... yeah, I'm kind of new to the scene in general! I may ask for advice about getting my new buddy into fighting shape (marquee and coin door lights not getting power? buttons technically working, but maybe need a refresh?), and I may just jump in and talk about my favorites (if it's not a fighter or a shooter, I probably like it). Anyway, I look forward to chatting with you!

Oh, right. About me, I guess. I've been writing for a games site, Snackbar Games, for six years, and these days I'm Editor-in-Chief. We don't get irrationally angry at things or take advantage of strings-attached publisher access, so if you haven't heard of us... yep, that's why. We sometimes write about retro things! You may like that part. Outside of that work, I'm a graphic designer residing comfortably in North Carolina.

Neo•Geo stuff! My all-time favorites are Super Dodge Ball and Windjammers, which... is unfortunate, clearly, for someone with limited funds. I've been spending a lot of time lately with Bust-a-Move, and writing lyrics to the songs in my head whether I want to or not. I also have some decent titles that showed up with (or strangely hidden inside) my MVS: World Heroes 2, Robo Army, Fatal Fury, Metal Slug 2 and King of the Monsters 2.

Want pictures? Here's one I took when I was moving it. I promise there's no upside-down bath mat under it anymore:

BD0ICGJCEAAUVg_.jpg

Lee Gray

SSVS Special Plz..., Buying & Selling that, Never
Hi Graham, Chuckfu and FrancisGC, Its not too long before you can send PMS and so forth.

Avoitus

n00b
Hey guys, I'm new to the forum but not new to Neo Geo collecting. I had an AES and a bunch of games but made the mistake of selling them last year. I've regretted it ever since. Recently my friend, a member on this forum, was able to find me another AES off of here. So now I'm rebuilding my collection, since then I've added a few games and a CD system.

mookie3three

Mr. Big's Thug
Hi guys, new member here from Australia. Looking at getting an MVS setup, currently just play Metal Slug on MAME, and have various SNK fighters on Saturn and Dreamcast. Also am starting a Naomi setup and looking for my First cab. Have my sights on an Astro City but we'll see. Anyway hello. Cheers

Starfire

n00b
I'm assuming I need to introduce myself before I can post. I'm hailing in from the Chicago area (Though I don't care for the city) and have always been an avid gamer, just starting to get into old arcade machines having grown up around them as a kid. I picked up my first MVS board which of course has a dreaded Z80 error. Been trying to fix it and have come to find out that the reset signal isn't go low for the Z80, so looking for info about what to do next since this is my first time. I'm no stranger to electronics since I've been dabiling for 20 years. So looking for some advice from the experts!

Thanks!

Aubrey123

n00b
I'm going to save my introduction until I can make my own thread, but hello to you all

Having played some neo games in the past, I'm looking to get my mits on an MVS so I can play them in their full glory here at home. I have a little skill with electronics and I'm pretty sure I can handle all the soldering needed to put together my own CMVS. I've been lurking, searching and reading up what I can about the technical differences between the board revisions, but here's my noob question:

Between working examples of each 1-slot board version, are there any differences in the prices they change hands for?

Bardoly

n00b
I'll say a quick "Howdy!" here for now, but once my account gets unlocked, I'll post up an introduction thread.

heavyd203

n00b
Hello, found this forum while doing research on CMVS builders. I'm excited to finally get the CMVS so I can play the classics I remember from my youth like World Heroes and Samurai Showdown. Looking forward to spending time on the forums here.