you found out you can't post new threads in the master forum! what can you do?

mastamuzz

Eager Beaver
Before you are able to post threads on the forums you have to complete a few steps that will remain undisclosed for now! anyone willing to stay will meet the criteria with no problem almost unknowingly, if you are in a rush to post a question I'll try to do my best to point you in the right direction, you can post your question in this thread!

please avoid bumping old threads and hijacking someone else's thread because you can't post yours!

Welcome to NEO-GEO.COM!:buttrock:

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
Just be yourself and take part in good discussions (preferrably gameplay-related), then everything will fall into place.

syrotuck

n00b
Alright guys I have a quick question. Its to do with the instructions that come with the NEO GEO home system. I think the guy I bought it off sent me the instructions for an earlier revision because it has the picture of the NEO with the old style stick and the machine came boxed with the new style stick. Any help or link would be appreciated.
Cheers

mastamuzz

Eager Beaver
Alright guys I have a quick question. Its to do with the instructions that come with the NEO GEO home system. I think the guy I bought it off sent me the instructions for an earlier revision because it has the picture of the NEO with the old style stick and the machine came boxed with the new style stick. Any help or link would be appreciated.
Cheers

the model is not affected by the stick it comes with if you want to know wich revision you have here is a link
http://www.jamma-nation-x.com/jammax/tutorials.html go to AES and look for:
Tech/Repair : Jul 30 2009 : Knowing your Board Version

the revisions mark the small differences inside the machine, but the manual in general is the same for all board versions! and as far as I know there wasn't a corrected manual version with the kidney joysticks!

syrotuck

n00b
Um sorry but I don't think thats true. I have two systems that are both 3-6 (thanks for the link to the guide). One is serial number 168108. That has matching serials on box, system and registration card so I'm sure that that one is okay. The manual has a picture of the Neo and the old style stick. The other system is 247260 with the kidney bean stick the serials match on box and system but there is no registration card. The instructions are the same as the other one but if you look at the picture here http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NMINT-Neo...pt=FR_Jeux_Vidéo_Consoles&hash=item415879e7f7 you will see that these instructions, (which somehow has a lower serial than mine but comes with the new style stick) has instructions where the stick has been removed. Any thoughts?

mastamuzz

Eager Beaver
the revisions mark the small differences inside the machine, but the manual in general is the same for all board versions! and as far as I know there wasn't a corrected manual version with the kidney joysticks!

as you said they are the same and as I told you in my first post as far as I know there are no manuals with the kidney controller depicted on it but there are other revisions to the manual! the description of usage is the same for all revisions so in general one manual haves the general information for all the console revisions, it doesn't matter which manual correction you have!

so what is exactly what you want to know?

if the manual matches your console?

syrotuck

n00b
Yeah thats all mate. I was just curious about manual revisions and whether I had the right one or not. It's not really a biggie. Its just that the system is in minty condition, there is no fade or scratches anywhere on the system and I was wondering if it was complete. But then I realised that it didn't have the registration card either like my other one. Thanks for your time.

1980-20..

n00b
Hello!

Im probably not going to be around these parts long enough to figure out how to post a new thread on the main forum so im asking me questions here.

I recently became the owner of an MVS board in a jamma cabinet. Unfortunately the board isn't working and i hate to just throw things away but i posses zero technical skills, so i was hoping if i explained the problems here you guys could help.

The board was sold to me as faulty the guy that sold said it had been working but just stopped and it now only displays a z80 error message. I did manage to get a garbled screen from one of the two carts that came with it but only the once.

The board was really dirty so the first thing i did was to clean it and check the battery, the battery has started to leak slightly and there seems to be a few tiny spots on the board near the battery.

My next step was going to be to clean the contacts with some alcohol but is it still safe to power up the board with the leaking battery still attached. There is no way of me replacing the battery unfortunately.

Any advice much appreciated.

El Capitan

Mai's Apprentice
Hello!

Im probably not going to be around these parts long enough to figure out how to post a new thread on the main forum so im asking me questions here.

I recently became the owner of an MVS board in a jamma cabinet. Unfortunately the board isn't working and i hate to just throw things away but i posses zero technical skills, so i was hoping if i explained the problems here you guys could help.

The board was sold to me as faulty the guy that sold said it had been working but just stopped and it now only displays a z80 error message. I did manage to get a garbled screen from one of the two carts that came with it but only the once.

The board was really dirty so the first thing i did was to clean it and check the battery, the battery has started to leak slightly and there seems to be a few tiny spots on the board near the battery.

My next step was going to be to clean the contacts with some alcohol but is it still safe to power up the board with the leaking battery still attached. There is no way of me replacing the battery unfortunately.

Any advice much appreciated.

Honestly, if you ahve a z80 error, it's not worth the hassle to try to fix it unless you know what you're doing.

Far easier and time saving to buy a new 1 slot.

Oh, and I have some for sale!

1980-20..

n00b
To be honest i only purchased the cabinet because it was wired for jamma and had a working monitor.

mastamuzz

Eager Beaver
if you are interested there are some members on this forums that also own stores with the ability to fix them, I can ask around to see who is closer to your location!

IDCHAPPY

The Mad Jock.
Honestly, if you ahve a z80 error, it's not worth the hassle to try to fix it unless you know what you're doing.

Far easier and time saving to buy a new 1 slot.

Oh, and I have some for sale!

This man speaks the truth, i'll sell you a working 1 slot :-)

mastamuzz

Eager Beaver
hey guys why don't you offer the man a trade in for a new one and then sell the damaged mobo?

Fandangos

Hardened Shock Trooper
When I signed here I wanted to post a WTB request for a CMVS.

But since I've found ArcadeWorks CMVS in the shape of AES, my prayers are answered.
Never had an AES before and I was very confused about AES vs MVS, or AES + Super converter II vs MVS.
Or even CMVS vs Supergun. I made my choice a consolized MVS. It's now time to leap into Neo Geo gameplay besides emulators.

mastamuzz

Eager Beaver
glad to hear!
I saw your posts on the thread! you know you still have to wait right! get ready by buying some games for your CMVS, stick around and get access to the sales thread so you can get some good games to keep you busy! welcome to neogeo.com!

Fandangos

Hardened Shock Trooper
I'm about to order the new 161-in-1.
I love multi/flash carts, but until there I'll try to stick an old pc with mame to my television. You know, brazilian customs are really slow and sometimes takes 2 months for something to arrive.

El Capitan

Mai's Apprentice
Ok what prices are they?

Probably best to wait til you can send PMs.

I'll do a board for any best price you can find on eBay from the sold items. So basically the fair market rate. I have pretty much every board available - 1, 1A, 1FZ, 1B, 1C and 4 slots.

1980-20..

n00b
Thanks for the reply i think i will try and sell the board as faulty (not here obviously) and buy a j pac and mame the cab as i had originally planned.

mastamuzz

Eager Beaver
it's ok even here as long as you are very specific about it being faulty and at a reasonable price!

mastamuzz

Eager Beaver
you've been around for three days now so keep browsing and check the tech forum for tips for your new cab participate on the threads and before you know it you are a regular member here, the Neo haves a lot to offer funwise so besides the drama there are a lot of good threads to keep you entertained and a great sales forum with not only neo geo stuff! and you already got the attention of 2 of our most prestigious sellers in your area! so I think you are doing pretty well! who knows probably you can even get the needed knowledge latter to fix your mobo!

zitacos

n00b
Mostly just a lurker, registered because I pulled out my old consolized MVS 2 slot and wanted to see about getting actual sticks. Bleh, when can you PM people? Seller has original aes sticks I want to buy.

mastamuzz

Eager Beaver
You can wait to see if the seller replies on the thread, or you can get involved in the community and browse some interesting and important stuff on the tech forum that will help you with any issues you could find in your board before it happens like the leaking battery!
The bad battery thread
or you can go to jamma-nation-x.com they have 1 controller with the same specifications for sale!

jack sprat

n00b
Alright, so I have an MVS 2-slot that I just recently moved to my new place. I've never had any problems with it before, but now when I go to play it, maybe about every 5th or 6th time the monitor goes black on me. Sometimes after 15 min. of playing other times after an hour. The game is still playing and I can hear all the sounds, but there is nothing on the screen. I opened up the back the last time it happend and noticed that the neck on the monitor was not orange, so I'm guessing it's a power issue. I examined the power cord and looked around inside for a possible loose connection, but everything seemed fine. Unfortunately I have zero tech knowledge , so from what I've scouted online I'm guessing could it be a diode or the horizontal transformer on the monitor board. I'm not sure though. I just want to fix whatever it is and don't know where to start.

Anyone hazzard a guess?