you found out you can't post new threads in the master forum! what can you do?

gr8pumpkin

n00b
Hi All: I cant post anywhere so I will try here. I have a MVS 4 slot and need to get moles plugs, pins, and crimper. Where is the cheapest place to do this? thanks

warbucks

n00b
Just like all the other NoObs, I am posting here.. Saw a Neo Geo 4 slot locally but guy got rid of it before I can buy it, now I want one.
Been on the search in the Tampa Bay area (Florida) but no luck. I did see a 6 slot about 6 hours away but from what I have heard people tend to stay away from 6 slot boards because of problems. Do you all think I should pick it up (guy says it is working) and eventually replace it with a 4 slot MVS?

I would prefer to purchase a 4 slot mvs cab.

Any guidance would be appreciated :)

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
Any guidance would be appreciated :)
I've only ever owned one and two slots, both we're very reliable. As to 4vs6, RabbitTroop made this (perhaps) helpful comment a few days ago:
I've found that the fours are more finicky. I had a solid six slot board that was just too big for my setup, and then went through about eight four slots until I found one without problems. Thankfully, I [had] Quan helping me out, and he was the only reason I didn't just give up and go back to a two slot. The two is a tank, but my six was rock solid always as well... I've only had problems with fours.

DNSDies

I LOVE HILLARY CLINTON!
Can't post in the tech support section yet, so I'll try here:

2 questions:
1) Does the free version (3.1?) of Unibios support the Neo Geo CD?
2) Do the unibios folks offer a cheaper version to people who can burn their own EPROMS? I tried emailing them about it, but I've not received a response in over a month.

xsq

Can't post in the tech support section yet
you can't? Sure you won't be able to post a new thread, but a reply here should work...

2 questions:
1) Does the free version (3.1?) of Unibios support the Neo Geo CD?
2) Do the unibios folks offer a cheaper version to people who can burn their own EPROMS? I tried emailing them about it, but I've not received a response in over a month
1) The NGCD needs a unique Version of the Unibios (which is why it is called the "CD Unibios", not just plain "Unibios"), so no.
2) I don't think so.

juci

n00b
hi guys i joined this thread for a few reasons, but now i need to ask a question and you guessed it i cant make a thread haha.

i bought a mv-1fz as working and of course its not. :(
i got the calendar error so i took the battery out and replaced the crystal and got a unibios.
and now all i get is different error screens. I've flicked the dip switches and if it doesnt come up with error screens the console will keep resetting every 5 seconds.

WP_20150322_001.jpg
WP_20150322_002.jpg
WP_20150322_003.jpg

any help would be appreciated.

juci

n00b
yep ive had a decent look but when it comes to electronics im pretty good at soldering but using a multimeter im not so flash, ill keep looking for a solution because by the time i post the neo geo back i would have already paid for half of it..

hopefully i can fix it before i lash out and buy another 'working' one.

also does everyone get there shockboxes from southtown? because i worked out it would cost 16 australian dollars each if i bought a lot of 18 which seems alot compared to other game cases.

sorry if this sounds like a rant haha.

xsq

also does everyone get there shockboxes from southtown? because i worked out it would cost 16 australian dollars each if i bought a lot of 18 which seems alot compared to other game cases.
Southtown is the only place selling Shockboxes afaik. There are alternatives though: Windy Sleeves or Neominiboxes.

juci

n00b
thanks, ive seen nominiboxes but i havent seen the windy sleeves they are pretty cool.

batesey

n00b
Hey people,
Just making my way onto these forums...so doing what all seem to do when they can't yet create their own threads; contibute to this one :-D
Pretty cool to find a place with so much info about the MVS system and games that I have just started collecting It's been just over a month when I first really thought about buying MVS systems and games and I've already got quite a collection going. Talk about been bitten! I've been having a blast looking for certain games, or art pieces and it's been wicked modding my MVS boards and such. I'm also restoring 2 Pinball machines, but that's not for these threads. I'm really looking forward to see and hearing about what other here have been doing and hope I can learn a fair bit about my beloved Neo Geo systems.
Cheers,
-batesey

Sludgepond

n00b
Hello to all, fist post :)
I've always been a fan of Neo-Geo but only had a NGPC and now I just discovered and have been researching about consolizing a Neo-Geo MVS board. So far I've purchased a MV1C board and just have a few details I need cleared up in the tutorial. (http://www.neo-geo.com/wiki/index.php?title=How_to_Consolize_an_MVS_Board)
-What is the best power supply to get? The link included in the tut is dead.
-Will the JROK v4.1 RGB to NTSC Encoder work just fine? (The one that outputs Component, S-Video and Composite video.)
-As far as the sound mod goes: what are the wires shown in the 3rd picture in the "Stereo sound mod" section? All I need to do is connect the two wires to my left/right jacks and cut the two traces on the board as pictured in the first two pics?
-In regards to the power: do I connect to PINs 3,4,C, "or" D and 1,2,A, "or" B? Or do I split it to all 8? (Doesn't seem right but I'm allowed to ask dumb questions right?)

That's all the details in the tut that isn't clear to me and would really appreciate it cleared up for me! Thank you and can't wait to browse around the forums.

Sludgepond

n00b
Do you still have said NGPC or did you sell it to a local video game store?

Nope, still got it. Love that thing although I only have Sonic Pocket Adventure that came with the system. I never had the chance back when I got it to save enough money to buy another game before all the games and systems were recalled. Still need to get into collect games for it..

xsq

@Slugepond: Xian Xi wrote that tutorial, check out his page jamma-nation-x.com. The best help for your technical questions is this forums search function - they should have been discussed before. As to the 3 wires: My guess is Xian Xi pulled RGB off that chip, the photo is just to show you that you can remove some caps in the audio section.

The tutorial is outdated in regards to the UniBIOS btw., it can easily be added to the MV-1C using the NeoBiosMasta.

Sludgepond

n00b
@xsq: I have tried to do a search for my questions but didn't get anything out of it. I'll try and be more specific and try again. I did know about the neobiosmasta and plan to purchase it after I get my board working. I want to make sure the board I bought is working before I purchase some of the components.

Vulpine

n00b
Hello everyone, another newbie here. I've been fond of the Neo for years now, and finally bought myself an AES. Not the most economic choice, but it's a lovely console and it's great to finally say I own one.

I've been collecting Neo Geo AES/MVS for a few years, and, I friggin' love it!

A friend of mine gave me an I'm an AEShole bumper sticker last year and suggested I sign up here back then. Now that things have finally calmed down a bit, I wanted to start building my Neo collection again.

No questions on my end, just want to purchase in the market place :-)

Hello Everyone !

I found this forum I while ago, and I always access here to check some stuff, and finally decide to register.
A few months ago I decide that it was about time to start collecting Neo-Geo AES stuff, because arcade games nearby are closing its
door, and people are migrating to emulation, and I particularly do not support this kind of stuff.
I read a few good articles here, and one of the faqs here saved me a few hundreds dollars, thanks to here I learnt about conversion and price rates, so far I
bought two Neo-Geo AES games, Samurai Shodown I e II from a japanese which I usually purchase Nintendo goods.

I am totally noob in Neo-Geo AES stuff, so indications of good and reliable seller will be more than welcome.

xsq

arcade games nearby are closing its door
Free advice: Talk to the operators, maybe you can get their old carts/boards for a good price. Then buy a converter (Magic Key for example) and play them on your Homeconsole. Or build a CMVS out of a MVS motherboard or a supergun... that will save you lots of grief.

crow

n00b
Hi, I'm having trouble sending PMs. Is this locked for new members, or am I just dumb?