you found out you can't post new threads in the master forum! what can you do?

Lies! You bought a broken mvs from a car boot sale, you want someone here to fix it so you can flip it on EBay!

Fuck off from here!!!

What are the chances of finding a neo geo board at a garage sale?

Is flipping motherboards even a thing? These boards are worth what, $150 max? After shipping both ways I don't see how that could work at all.

Channelmaniac isn't sure my board is repairable. If I have to buy a new one, what is an mv-1 worth? My cab is already wired for jamma, and I want stereo sound out to my receiver. Afaik this is the only 1 socketed 1 slot that fits my needs. Ebay isn't reliable i know but i've seen prices of 100+. Yet the arcadeotaku wiki says i shouldn't be paying more than $40 for a 1 slot.

He's from the USA... they don't have car boot sales there....

You have to say stuff like... Garage sale... Goodwill store... etc etc...

Trust me... after so long here... I have to adjust some statements to account for the mainly 'Murikan members...

xROTx

thanks for the explanation.

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
What are the chances of finding a neo geo board at a garage sale?
5/256,378.

Is flipping motherboards even a thing? These boards are worth what, $150 max? After shipping both ways I don't see how that could work at all.
2tYt6V9.gif

Channelmaniac isn't sure my board is repairable. If I have to buy a new one, what is an mv-1 worth? My cab is already wired for jamma, and I want stereo sound out to my receiver. Afaik this is the only 1 socketed 1 slot that fits my needs. Ebay isn't reliable i know but i've seen prices of 100+. Yet the arcadeotaku wiki says i shouldn't be paying more than $40 for a 1 slot.
The page on the arcadeotaku wiki is outdated, but I guess ~$70 should be your max. What are your needs? You can mod other 1 slots for stereo out (check the tutorials on JNX for example) and some can support memory cart features thanks to the NeoBioMasta (opensource now, watch out for sales threads by NeoTurfMasta if you want to pick one up). That should put at least the MV1FZ & MV1A on your map... I'm guessing the MV1F and MV1FS might be compatible with NeoBiosMasta as well, both have stereo out (though it might not work 100% in some cases) and a socketed Bios. The MV1B has a soldered Bios, but with some work that can of course be socketed as well (seeing as you are looking for repair options on the board you picked up I assume you can either do some modding yourself or are willing to pay someone to do it for you). There are also ways to hook up the multislots to a Jamma cab - or mod them to be Jamma compatible.

Last edited:
Xsq- thanks for all the info! I’m shipping the board out for possible repair Monday. If that ends up not working out it’s really helpful to know I can source other 1 slots and make those work with stereo mods + neobiosmasta

ovalfastlx

Kuroko's Training Dummy
Just became the owner of a 1 Slot Mv-1f board, paired to a supergun. The board came with a 138 in 1 cart and now found these forums to ask questions.

[UFO]

n00b
Hi! I was given a MV1FT board a few months ago and I am trying to repair it. I have it connected to a LCD TV using a home-made SCART cable.

Having checked every connection and solder twice, I obtain no image on screen. When I power up the board I see that the screens flicks for a second, just like it tried to show something on but nothing appears at all. I tested it with a CRT TV, returning same result.

I came to this forum because an Instagram account I follow (jammanationx, BTW. The man is a master in everything related to this stuff!) told me something about the master clock, so I searched it on Google and landed here. I want to know more about MVS boards and the way to repair them given the case so what a better place to start than this forum :)

FilthyRear

Neo-Geo.com's, Top Rated Bully.,
15 Year Member
Hi! I was given a MV1FT board a few months ago and I am trying to repair it. I have it connected to a LCD TV using a home-made SCART cable.

Having checked every connection and solder twice, I obtain no image on screen. When I power up the board I see that the screens flicks for a second, just like it tried to show something on but nothing appears at all. I tested it with a CRT TV, returning same result.

I came to this forum because an Instagram account I follow (jammanationx, BTW. The man is a master in everything related to this stuff!) told me something about the master clock, so I searched it on Google and landed here. I want to know more about MVS boards and the way to repair them given the case so what a better place to start than this forum :)

"Tech support" is where you'll want to go when you get the access.

Just contribute MEANINGFULLY and you'll get there in no time.

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
"Tech support" is where you'll want to go when you get the access.

Just contribute MEANINGFULLY and you'll get there in no time.

TECH support is open to n00bz... I opened the Tech support forums for them a while back...

xROTx

IGGY GUNN

War Room Troll
Hi everyone!

My name is Iggy, i'm from Miami and i'm new to the boards. I just bought a North American Neo Geo AES, and so I figured i'd join your community.

Sorry if this has been posted before, but how do I get the ability to create new threads, and at what point can I edit my profile?

Thanks in advance!

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
Hi everyone!

My name is Iggy, i'm from Miami and i'm new to the boards. I just bought a North American Neo Geo AES, and so I figured i'd join your community.

Sorry if this has been posted before, but how do I get the ability to create new threads, and at what point can I edit my profile?

Thanks in advance!

I'll play ball...

You will need:
1. Time spent on the forums...
2. Posting in certain forums that allow you to post... Spamming will not be an awesome idea...

xROTx

PS. I point this out every few months because this thread has grown sorta big...

IGGY GUNN

War Room Troll
I'll play ball...

You will need:
1. Time spent on the forums...
2. Posting in certain forums that allow you to post... Spamming will not be an awesome idea...

xROTx

PS. I point this out every few months because this thread has grown sorta big...
Thanks for the info.

How is your part of the state holding up?
You mean after the Hurricane? We didn't take much damage really.... The keys and Ft.Myers/Tampa though, they got clocked pretty bad.

Yeah, I get that a lot.... :lolz:

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
Nah he's actually a pretty level headed guy from the UK. Gotta have a winner sometimes.

WELL... if you're gonna sponsor him... then that's awesome...

I LOVE double jeopardy....:D

xROTx

PS. Unsure why this account was held for so long... I am gonna investigate this later...

The Jackal

n00b
welcome, enjoy your stay.
Welcome! I wish you luck.
Thanks!

If he's anything like the last 7 members, then he won't be here very long.
Nah, you won't get any shit from me.

Nah he's actually a pretty level headed guy from the UK. Gotta have a winner sometimes.
I take it you're BonusKun?? Thanks for helping out with my account activated over here.

WELL... if you're gonna sponsor him... then that's awesome...

I LOVE double jeopardy....:D

xROTx
And cheers to Rot. As I said above, you won't get any crap from me. Thanks for letting me be part of this community.

xsq

activated: Oct 2017

WTF?

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
activated: Oct 2017

WTF?

There was an issue with some haxxors.... people who had vulnerable accounts/stuck in registration queue.... they were all lumped into there...

I take care of the registration queue now.. but there are members who won't be able to get on until they contact someone...

xROTx

Viewpoint

Art of Typing Wiz, , ,
20 Year Member
There was an issue with some haxxors.... people who had vulnerable accounts/stuck in registration queue.... they were all lumped into there...

I take care of the registration queue now.. but there are members who won't be able to get on until they contact someone...

xROTx

So there's no real way to get someone activated unless they contact someone somewhere else I guess.

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
So there's no real way to get someone activated unless they contact someone somewhere else I guess.

WELL... there is a way of doing it... I delete that usergroup... and everyone re-registers:D

How cool would that be?:D

I LOVE ARMAGEDDON!

xROTx

xsq

well.. it does say this at the top of the forums when you're not logged in:
NOTE: IF ANYONE HAS PROBLEMS REGISTERING AN ACCOUNT.
You can email neogeorot@gmail.com
ALL REQUESTS WILL BE JUDGED CASE BY CASE

I wonder if an email is worse than a PM... :keke: