you found out you can't post new threads in the master forum! what can you do?

sunder

n00b
Hi guys, new blood here.
I draw for a living and work in the games industry but I also love to restore consoles and old electronics as a hobby.
I've been playing with too many wimpy underpowered systems that are weenies but now I'm ready for the real hot dog.

Hello Everybody!! Just grabbed a set of Neogeo's. Both playing blind. I'm not new to arcades but new to the red boys. I was able to get a monitor working in one game. Debating on whether to remove the red sides or just attempt to repair it. Also looking for a memory card and a new CPO and new memory card artwork. Any help would be appreciated!!!

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
Hello Everybody!! Just grabbed a set of Neogeo's. Both playing blind. I'm not new to arcades but new to the red boys. I was able to get a monitor working in one game. Debating on whether to remove the red sides or just attempt to repair it. Also looking for a memory card and a new CPO and new memory card artwork. Any help would be appreciated!!!
Hi.

go to tech support and ask the gurus there. afaik you can open threads in that section even if you're a noob. thank Rot.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
Sega Saturn?

Das Frankfurter ;)

giphy.gif

Geekman1222

Kula's Candy
Ok im glad i took a longer look in this section again and saw this thread LOL. I been a part of a few other big arcade/video game forums (not sure if advertising forums is frowned on here so I wont) for a while and i was totally confused why I could not make a new thread to introduce my self.

Anyways, hello all. I have heard rumors of this forums reputation lol, but i decided to join anyways, after taking a look around many different threads and such i think i would likely fit in pretty well :P. Anyways love candy cabs and import arcades/shmups.

I have 2 MVS's one I rescued and use on my NAC. The first one arrived to me in screwed up shape from Mexico via Ebay (never again) :| that one I been working off and on to rescue. So likely gonna be digging through old threads on the issues I had with this board if I can find the. Eventually would love to work with some people on here since theres a gold mine of info and experience if I have more questions.

Hope to see you people around more I suppose for now ill just reply useful information or replies on current topics until I get my due respect with due time hehe. Peace guys

BlackaneseNiNjA

The Fatal Fury Disciple
15 Year Member
Sup Geekman1222. Welcome to the site! Sorry to hear that you got burned on ebay. As you've said, there's definitely a ton to learn here so I hope you are able to get it repaired soon!

What games are you rocking on your other mvs?

Geekman1222

Kula's Candy
So I got Puzzle Bobble in a white rental cart, and a Blue Metal Slug X I got for a good deal both in shock boxes courtesy of South Town Homebrew, place is great. I confirmed on another forum and with scans both are legit.
I want Blazing Star next so when i am not playing Mushi Futari 1.5 with my NAC is in Tate mode I still have a Shmup to play LOL. If it interests you guys Im a huge fan of the Naomi too and I have Melty Blood Actress again, Power Stone, Virtua Tennis, and Capcom Vs SNK millennium fight 2000 but it has 2 bad roms that need replacing. Both the Naomi and MVS are multi region modded cause why not lol.

I really hope I can save this bad board. It originally had sprite problems and after working with Oliveria (not sure if hes around here) it sounds like the ZMC2 chip is bad and needs replacing (good luck finding one cheap :| ). I spent a crap load of time checking all related traces and reflowing but it didnt help. Some knuckle head NUKED the board with a TON of heat around the Z80 cpu and as a result the back plane connectors for the cart connector board is warped, a trace with the via lifted out of the board, and there is obvious heat damage in that area to the board.... I cut the old Z80 out to prevent any further heat damage while desoldering then added a socket for a new. Traced the broken trace and via from point to point and repaired that but now I get a Z80 error... sigh The repaired board had a work ram error so replacing the work rams was an easy fix to a 25 dollar board too bad the 75 dollar one is a piece of work :(

Anyways that's my story lol what a time to be alive

TwinFami

n00b
I have a question since I can稚 post a new topic. What痴 the purpose of a memory card? I致e heard it saves scores as well as game progress. How does it work and what do I need to know about it? First time AES owner here. Basically, I知 asking for a walkthrough on the memory card and it痴 purposes, how do I know it saved my progress, when should I take it out, etc.

The biggest question is is there any truth to the fact that it saves your progress in certain games that you can just pull the card out and continue at a later time or on another machine.

Mboodle

n00b
Hello. I've enjoyed lurking this board for a while now. I highly doubt there are many forums active since the turn of the millennium with such an interesting focus. As it is it's clear the benefits of contributing outweigh my preference to lurk.

I've had a MVS board for about a year now and mostly play Neo Turf Masters and Metal Slug on it. Aside from those I have Karnov's Revenge which is a big hit with my fighting game playing friends and SamSho II which is a big hit with anybody with taste. At this point I'm saving up for a NeoSD... just wish Stone Age Gamer wasn't in my state, that sales tax is killer.

Montatez

Aero Fighters Flyboy
Hello. I've enjoyed lurking this board for a while now. I highly doubt there are many forums active since the turn of the millennium with such an interesting focus. As it is it's clear the benefits of contributing outweigh my preference to lurk.

I've had a MVS board for about a year now and mostly play Neo Turf Masters and Metal Slug on it. Aside from those I have Karnov's Revenge which is a big hit with my fighting game playing friends and SamSho II which is a big hit with anybody with taste. At this point I'm saving up for a NeoSD... just wish Stone Age Gamer wasn't in my state, that sales tax is killer.

Welcome aboard, son. Good luck.

NexusX

Astra Superstar
Yup I noticed the "member filter" process seems strict here. But step by step I hope to take part in this community. I assume that the harsh treatment of newbies is to filter out any random trolls or leeches that just try to make a new account and fill the forum with crap? I understand though. When I can actually post a thread of my own I will gladly make a proper introduction post. Until then I will just be floating around here seeing what the forum has to offer in terms of some fun discussions.

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
Yup I noticed the "member filter" process seems strict here. But step by step I hope to take part in this community. I assume that the harsh treatment of newbies is to filter out any random trolls or leeches that just try to make a new account and fill the forum with crap? I understand though. When I can actually post a thread of my own I will gladly make a proper introduction post. Until then I will just be floating around here seeing what the forum has to offer in terms of some fun discussions.

The "filter" is set to kill... there aint no stun setting here...

Spoiler:
e8767677cf7ab79abf1d33d0586f8addd94f7bca9a81e1762e3b78d4daa084f4.jpg

xROTx

theMot

Reformed collector of junk
10 Year Member

If you post a picture of your wife this will expedite the process and you will be able to start threads.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
If you post a picture of your wife this will expedite the process and you will be able to start threads.

I can vouch for this. I was beaten and bruised but then I posted a pick of my wife in a lewd pose involving a cucumber and well... the rest is history.

NexusX

Astra Superstar

My wife only does that for people she gets to know first. If you show a little effort first then your chances are higher. Thats up to her though. So it's not my call.