you found out you can't post new threads in the master forum! what can you do?

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
fun fact: you don't need to have a Neo to be on here...

Yaargh

n00b
Hello everyone. My account was approved a few weeks ago. After reading several forum posts, I discovered JNX and purchased a CMVS. Looking forward to time well spent!

Mega

Cheng's Errand Boy
Hi Yaargh, I'm in the same boat as you. I was approved yesterday and purchased a CMVS from JNX about a week ago. I can't wait for it to arrive so I ca get it set up and start playing. I know some of these MVS games have gotten up there in price, so I got the 161 in 1 cart just to get started. Regardless I'm keeping an eye out on legit carts that have decent prices. Already picked up Fatal Fury 2 on ebay.

sTo0z

n00b
Howdy all!

I've been digging in deep these days to build out my console collection... I always prized my VirtualBoy for some reason, and was FINALLY able to get one in excellent condition.

After that, I felt a little lost, knew I needed MORE. I had always heard of Neo Geo, had played plenty of games over emulators, but never really understood the full existence of the console itself.

Finally looking into it much closer, I began to understand about its life, and the crazy crowd following it. Noticed prices were very high, trying to figure out what I could do! Saw lots of people buying the Japanese version, but even those I couldn't quite find what I was looking for.. and I was surprised at how many people were comfortable with Japanese language! Also heard about the UniBios, thought that was awesome, but had NO idea how I was going to accomplish that...

FINALLY one day, saw a decent listing go up, and managed to snag a US system with 2 controllers a 1 game for like $417. NO IDEA if that was good or not, but now I am overjoyed to finally own this epic system! No idea still about the talk about the serial numbers, but apparently this one is 000146, no idea if that's bad or good or what. :) Still so much to learn.

Quickly figured I needed to expand the game library, noticed the crazy collecting/prices going on, and the various strategies around trying to get your collection up without breaking the bank. I quickly ordered a MagicKey and awaiting it in the mail. :)

Anyways, this is an exciting time, glad to find this awesome community. Sounds like I have a long road ahead of me just getting into it now. :P

FilthyRear

Neo-Geo.com's, Top Rated Bully.,
15 Year Member
Howdy all!

I've been digging in deep these days to build out my console collection... I always prized my VirtualBoy for some reason, and was FINALLY able to get one in excellent condition.

After that, I felt a little lost, knew I needed MORE. I had always heard of Neo Geo, had played plenty of games over emulators, but never really understood the full existence of the console itself.

Finally looking into it much closer, I began to understand about its life, and the crazy crowd following it. Noticed prices were very high, trying to figure out what I could do! Saw lots of people buying the Japanese version, but even those I couldn't quite find what I was looking for.. and I was surprised at how many people were comfortable with Japanese language! Also heard about the UniBios, thought that was awesome, but had NO idea how I was going to accomplish that...

FINALLY one day, saw a decent listing go up, and managed to snag a US system with 2 controllers a 1 game for like $417. NO IDEA if that was good or not, but now I am overjoyed to finally own this epic system! No idea still about the talk about the serial numbers, but apparently this one is 000146, no idea if that's bad or good or what. :) Still so much to learn.

Quickly figured I needed to expand the game library, noticed the crazy collecting/prices going on, and the various strategies around trying to get your collection up without breaking the bank. I quickly ordered a MagicKey and awaiting it in the mail. :)

Anyways, this is an exciting time, glad to find this awesome community. Sounds like I have a long road ahead of me just getting into it now. :P

Skeptical.gif

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
Legend has told of my coming, I shall resurrect all!

It will be hard to come back from the dead... especially when i lock you in the international forums...

xROTx

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
It will be hard to come back from the dead... especially when i lock you in the international forums...

xROTx

Man, I'd be spamming them Italians with some crazy fuckedup/madeup Italian. Posting greater records and making them all jealous, the possibilities are endless...also, I'd be making fun of their fanatism for neo geo pink duffle bags and silly carpets...oh the blasphemy!

Abelardo

n00b
Hello everyone, I'm new to the forum and wanted to make a thread to introduce myself but I can't post new threads so this one will do for now :)

I'll make a proper intro thread when possible, let me start with a quick introduction, my name is Abelardo and I'm from Mexico, mainly I collect console games, mainly NES games but have a nice SNES collection & smaller collections for other systems too, anyways somewhat recently I came across a nice Neo Geo MVS cart lot for cheap and that was my cue to move into arcade gaming, soon after I located & purchased a candy cab, bought an MVS system and I was pretty much hooked :D

So here I am, I have some extra games I'd like to trade or sell, and some extra MVS systems models MV1FS & MV1FT, actually I'm not really sure what they're worth, I'll try to search for info here in the forums.

Well I think that's it for now, see you around!

Ren-chan

F I R E W A L L, M Y A S S !,
Hi. Just so you know: This place isn't all about the market. It's a community...

+1
This place is actually more about the War Room and the post to vote the least favorite mod.

I purchased a mv1c and it arrived yesterday. I plugged it into my supergun (which hasn't had any issues with other jamma boards yet) but the image on the TV is bad, As if it was a VCR on really bad tracking (images rolling up and down, distorted, etc...) My supergun is self built, the video adapter I use is disconetinued, but it has composite and S-video outputs. I don't have any S-video cables and my TVs don't have ports for them. I plugged in my supergun using the composite cables

For good measure I plugged it into another CRT, but the issue is the same. I went into the neo geo tech support section and was surprised to find a "TV compatibility list"... Did I just get bad luck and both my CRTs don't work with my mv1c? or is there another issue? and if my TV is incompatible with my mvs, how come neo geo is so wierd and doesn't work when all my other boards work?

And again, if it's a TV issue, is there anything I can do barring buying a CRT that's known to work?

MidnightAbyss

Mr. Big's Thug
I purchased a mv1c and it arrived yesterday. I plugged it into my supergun (which hasn't had any issues with other jamma boards yet) but the image on the TV is bad, As if it was a VCR on really bad tracking (images rolling up and down, distorted, etc...) My supergun is self built, the video adapter I use is disconetinued, but it has composite and S-video outputs. I don't have any S-video cables and my TVs don't have ports for them. I plugged in my supergun using the composite cables

For good measure I plugged it into another CRT, but the issue is the same. I went into the neo geo tech support section and was surprised to find a "TV compatibility list"... Did I just get bad luck and both my CRTs don't work with my mv1c? or is there another issue? and if my TV is incompatible with my mvs, how come neo geo is so wierd and doesn't work when all my other boards work?

And again, if it's a TV issue, is there anything I can do barring buying a CRT that's known to work?

I have yet to actually encounter a TV that my CMVS has issues with. I'm running a Neobitz encoder though. Are you using a sync cleaner? What encoder do you have? What are the make and model of your TVs? This definitely sounds like some sort of sync issue.

The video encoder I have is from arcadeplaying.com It was a long, long, time ago. the site has gone down and purchased by others a few times now. I haven't used a sync cleaner in ages. I used to use JROK's along with whatever cheap adapter I could find (my current adapter has lasted longer than any other, maybe because I've learned to take better care of my parts). Once JROK's sync cleaner died I never used once since because everything ran just fine without it.

I still have a Weiya CV-04 on standby incase my current video adapter dies.

My two CRTs are a Sony Trinitron KV-27TS27 and a JVC C-20CL5

edit: I can create a new thread now! so either I just reached the requirement or an exception was made.

I reposted here because I think it would be more visible and appropriate

http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showthread.php?260814-Scrambled-Video-with-Mv1c&p=3955125

Last edited:

mpnox

n00b
Hi!

Just found my way here, from Sweden, and I got my first AES (finally) and also a Egret 2 cab and some MVS boards.
As I now understand it is not unusual for these boards to fail. Got 3 boards and 2 of them are not really working properly.

I don't really know what it takes to make your own thread so I'll just have to hang around and wait for that magic to happen and my logic probe to arrive from China.

:up::up::down::down::back::forw::back::forw: B A start

Syn

There can be only one.
10 Year Member
Hi!

Just found my way here, from Sweden, and I got my first AES (finally) and also a Egret 2 cab and some MVS boards.
As I now understand it is not unusual for these boards to fail. Got 3 boards and 2 of them are not really working properly.

I don't really know what it takes to make your own thread so I'll just have to hang around and wait for that magic to happen and my logic probe to arrive from China.

:up::up::down::down::back::forw::back::forw: B A start

I'm assuming you cleaned the boards and systems so you could check the solders on the carts. I own close to 40 mvs carts and never had one that didn't work. Since you say you have two non working carts, I'd give the system a thorough cleaning again.

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
I guess he is referring to motherboards, not games... yo, Sweden, we need more details if we are to help. What error(codes)/issues are you getting/having? Do you have a unibios?