Consolising a Rev2 HNG64

CafeineCake

Overtop Pathfinder
I am attempting to consolise a Rev2 Hyper neoGeo 64.

Are any of the white connectors re-usable?
Or i have to solder directly to the board?

Has anyone traced line level sound? Trying to do a 5V mod on it so i can have the sound directly on the scart connector.

My Idea is :
-Scart A/V output
-2 Db15 for the controller
-small PSU (hopefully only 5V) in the empty belly of the beast
-Coool black coating or possibly wood.

Also any danger or replacing the batter on the Mobo? The one in front of me is reading 0.40V .

Any other advise? Its a fighting board and i will be adding dipswitch+4 banked memory based on a thread by NeoSurfMasta's (who else?) regarding keeping scores for different games.

Buriki anyone?

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
You need to solder to the board for most of the connections. For using only 5v you need to remove the relay and bypass it and join the pins on the output header so both upper and lower boards get 5v. As for audio you pull it from the audio dac chips that are the same as the mv1c.

As for the battery it just needs to be charged. Only replace it if it won't charge or if its leaking.

NeoTurfMasta

DANCE DANCE KARNOV!,
20 Year Member
Ug-Surfing.gif

I am the surfing masta!

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Forgot to say that when I tried to do a +5v only mod there was another component that was running off of +12v powering something with +5v that I couldn't find. I remember that without the +12v hooked up I had streaking in the colors.

CafeineCake

Overtop Pathfinder
Forgot to say that when I tried to do a +5v only mod there was another component that was running off of +12v powering something with +5v that I couldn't find. I remember that without the +12v hooked up I had streaking in the colors.
That doesn't sound too good. Unfortunately i wasn't able to make ANY progress because the Rev2 sucked so much power the tiny powersupply i have choked and released the magic smoke.

So my next question is anyone banged an ATX PSU (i have a small one). into an arcade power supply? any advise? i guess with your last comment i will not be doing a +5V mod only anytime soon but i still like to get a small consolised rev2.

From the quick reading [1] i did on the ATX PSU, i need to connect PS_ON# to the GND to make the PSU start up and wait for PWR_OK to go up before using the PSU.
I am thinking of a small circuit (Powered byt the +5Vsb) or just rely on a small switch+some sort of delay.

As usual any comment/mod recommended to reduce the power usage / +5V mod / supersecret mod, let me know!

[1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ATX

Last edited:

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
On the one I did it ran off an SC200 power supply with no problems +5v@4A and +12v@1A.