Thread: Consolising a Rev2 HNG64

Rugal's Thug

icon18.gif Consolising a Rev2 HNG64

I am attempting to consolise a Rev2 Hyper neoGeo 64.

Are any of the white connectors re-usable?
    Or i have to solder directly to the board?

Has anyone traced line level sound? Trying to do a 5V mod on it so i can have the sound directly on the scart connector.

My Idea is :
    -Scart A/V output
    -2 Db15 for the controller
    -small PSU (hopefully only 5V) in the empty belly of the beast
    -Coool black coating or possibly wood.

Also any danger or replacing the batter on the Mobo? The one in front of me is reading 0.40V .

Any other advise? Its a fighting board and i will be adding dipswitch+4 banked memory based on a thread by NeoSurfMasta's (who else?) regarding keeping scores for different games.

Buriki anyone?

JammaNationX

You need to solder to the board for most of the connections. For using only 5v you need to remove the relay and bypass it and join the pins on the output header so both upper and lower boards get 5v. As for audio you pull it from the audio dac chips that are the same as the mv1c.

As for the battery it just needs to be charged. Only replace it if it won't charge or if its leaking.

DANCE DANCE KARNOV!
    They call me Hell. They call me stacey. They call me her. They call me Jane. That's not my name. That's not my name. That's not my name. ☭

I am the surfing masta!

I think your one-eyed-cyclops is showing.
    Quote Originally Posted by wasabi
    I have to question your modus operandi, as you make statements about personal edification but choose to serve others in rather menial jobs. What would be to stop you from building the education to work a market to your advantage and provide your family with some kind of security? You're a pretty well read man. Don't tell me that you would rather work for small change and read spy novels than live the lives you read about. There's a time to move from fantasy into real life.
    Motivation.

JammaNationX

Forgot to say that when I tried to do a +5v only mod there was another component that was running off of +12v powering something with +5v that I couldn't find. I remember that without the +12v hooked up I had streaking in the colors.

Rugal's Thug

Quote Originally Posted by Xian Xi View Post
    Forgot to say that when I tried to do a +5v only mod there was another component that was running off of +12v powering something with +5v that I couldn't find. I remember that without the +12v hooked up I had streaking in the colors.
    That doesn't sound too good. Unfortunately i wasn't able to make ANY progress because the Rev2 sucked so much power the tiny powersupply i have choked and released the magic smoke.

So my next question is anyone banged an ATX PSU (i have a small one). into an arcade power supply? any advise? i guess with your last comment i will not be doing a +5V mod only anytime soon but i still like to get a small consolised rev2.

From the quick reading [1] i did on the ATX PSU, i need to connect PS_ON# to the GND to make the PSU start up and wait for PWR_OK to go up before using the PSU.
    I am thinking of a small circuit (Powered byt the +5Vsb) or just rely on a small switch+some sort of delay.

As usual any comment/mod recommended to reduce the power usage / +5V mod / supersecret mod, let me know!

[1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ATX
    Last edited by CafeineCake; 07-15-2011 at 04:21 PM.

Thread Information