Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Genesis version of fatal fury 2= possible best version?

Alfred Garcia's Butler

I just made this a few minutes ago. Very braindead stuff here. If you think it, it will combo.

Keep in mind, all of the juggling and the use of DMs in yellow health are achieved with the dipswitch setting.

However, even without the setting, the game is still quite combo friendly as others have mentioned in the old posts above.

EDIT: For those interested in using the dipswitch settings, see post #25.
    Last edited by andsuchisdeath; 07-28-2014 at 06:26 PM.

Schlonginator II: Judgment Dong

I'm glad you're enjoying it! I haven't touched it since something like 1998.

Alfred Garcia's Butler

Quote Originally Posted by GohanX View Post
    I'm glad you're enjoying it! I haven't touched it since something like 1998.

Mr. Big's Thug

I played a ton of the 1st Fatal Fury on the Genesis, but never the 2nd one. Looks like I missed out! Looking at the other Neo-Geo to Genesis ports, King of the Monsters 2 was also changed to be a normal fighting game... is that one any good?

LOL@ the infinite juggles.

Raiden's Valet

Quote Originally Posted by andsuchisdeath View Post

Last edited by EllertMichael; 07-30-2014 at 12:06 AM. Reason: "I'm about to diiiiiiive innnnnnnn babygirlholdyourbreath. weabouttogetsowet."
    Spoiler:

Alfred Garcia's Butler

Quote Originally Posted by EllertMichael View Post
    Big Bear died @33

Ralf's Drinking Buddy

Quote Originally Posted by andsuchisdeath View Post
    I just made this a few minutes ago. Very braindead stuff here. If you think it, it will combo.

Keep in mind, all of the juggling and the use of DMs in yellow health are achieved with the dipswitch setting.

However, even without the setting, the game is still quite combo friendly as others have mentioned in the old posts above.

EDIT: For those interested in using the dipswitch settings, see post #25.
    Now that is just insane you just murder big bear there

PSN:MrNeoGeo
    Wii U:Progearspec

Alfred Garcia's Butler

Quote Originally Posted by Tron View Post
    Now that is just insane you just murder big bear there
    Thank you, but I'd say Terry manslaughtered him. Joe Higashi murdered.

Armored Scrum Object

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
    Looking at the other Neo-Geo to Genesis ports, King of the Monsters 2 was also changed to be a normal fighting game... is that one any good?
    It's a bit weird, it wants to be both a wrestler (ala KOTM), fighting game, and a beat 'em up at the same time but succeeds as none. I don't really understand why Takara decided to go with such a complete and total change for the port. The grappling and joystick motion specials make it a crappy wrestler but the power ups and plane of movement make it shitty for a fighter. Imagine an entire game based on the versus mode of Streets of Rage 2, or better yet Deadly Moves with a larger plane of movement.

Fun Fact: KotM2 is a dual-language cart so if you flip your console you'll have the Japanese version with corresponding names, yet the game was never released in Japan.

Armored Scrum Object

I dug this back out tonight to try out Pyron's color patch that was released some time ago, which reminded me of choosing some completely weird-ass color schemes with the dipswitch code back when the game was first released. Before I got into the patch I went to refresh my memory to make sure I hadn't imagined all that.

Although I had played around with stupid combos since then I hadn't looked at the alternate costume colors in 20+ years. Wow, 48 available color schemes per character?!? They even managed to keep almost all the skin tones intact without falling into green skinned characters like in SSFII. To cap that off, all 48 of these even carry over to your character's portrait in the post-fight dialogue screen. Crazy shit.
    Last edited by Azathoth; 04-29-2017 at 01:46 AM.

Wow!

I only played the Megadrive port of Fatal Fury 2 a little bit and remember being impressed in terms of the quality of the port (large colourful sprites, good animation, the backgrounds, the music, the hit detection , controls etc) Seemed one of the better Megadrive fighters.

Never realised it was so combo laden. Makes Killer Instinct look lacking in the combo department

Thread Information