BILLY KANE COMING TO THE CONSOLE VERSION OF KOF XIII

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
Was there a war room thread I missed?

Beats me. I'm befuddled as anyone as to where this unprovoked attack came from.

Not sure why I'm getting the JHendrix treatment. I *live* in NJ; not from here. I *eat* occasionally @ IKEA; don't regulary shop there.

Whatevs.

Hope to see you soon on live man.

hyper

fresh out of fucks
10 Year Member
I *eat* occasionally @ IKEA; don't regulary shop there.
I used to scoop up some fresh cinnamon buns everytime I passed that place, those were the days..

now they make 'em crappy. ):

cyriades

Super Spy Agent
I don't hate those 3 characters, but I feel they are out of place in KoF. I think they'd fit in better in Arcana Hearts or something. I am glad KoF XIII is going back to the roots, at least to a good extent it seems.

SPINMASTER X

I AM NOT FRENCHMAN,, I AM A HUMAN BEING!,
20 Year Member
Beats me. I'm befuddled as anyone as to where this unprovoked attack came from.

Not sure why I'm getting the JHendrix treatment. I *live* in NJ; not from here. I *eat* occasionally @ IKEA; don't regulary shop there.

Whatevs.

Hope to see you soon on live man.

It's what Wasabi does. It gets him off.

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
Bullshit. Taiso & I share the same opinion, & you single me out.

All my opinions are shitty? Heh.

You cracked the fuck up when I mentioned that a funny Ash alternate costume would be Progressive Insurance 'Flo' livery.

We had a civil discussion about the two Koreas last year in the footie room.

It would be one thing in the War Room; however, I was on topic and you flame me out of nowhere.

Check my friends list. Check my birthday thread. Check my iTrader feedback. Check the thread for people who have wished well & or bought something/donated to my cause. IT WAS STICKIED BY MODS, fcol.

From 10 yr badge holders to newbs, I got love for me all over this site. I have interacted w/ over a dozen members in person, in real life. Even more on the phone & xbl.

You are the ONLY member here that has a problem w/ me...or perhaps the only one with the balls to speak up.

And when you do speak up, it isn't by PM or the least bit civil. IT WAS COMPLETELY UNPROVOKED.

Anyone else here have a problem with me?

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Bullshit. Taiso & I share the same opinion, & you single me out.

All my opinions are shitty? Heh.

You cracked the fuck up when I mentioned that a funny Ash alternate costume would be Progressive Insurance 'Flo' livery.

We had a civil discussion about the two Koreas last year in the footie room.

It would be one thing in the War Room; however, I was on topic and you flame me out of nowhere.

Check my friends list. Check my birthday thread. Check my iTrader feedback. Check the thread for people who have wished well & or bought something/donated to my cause. IT WAS STICKIED BY MODS, fcol.

From 10 yr badge holders to newbs, I got love for me all over this site. I have interacted w/ over a dozen members in person, in real life. Even more on the phone & xbl.

You are the ONLY member here that has a problem w/ me...or perhaps the only one with the balls to speak up.

And when you do speak up, it isn't by PM or the least bit civil. IT WAS COMPLETELY UNPROVOKED.

Anyone else here have a problem with me?

Settle down drama queen.

Rick is a stupid looking character and would be out of place in KoF.

Aesthetically unappealing

Like you.

saner

Krauser's Henchman
http://www.famitsu.com/news/201107/06046322.html

KOFXIII for iphone?

Reports coming in:

Billy skills
Sansetsukon Chuudan Uchi (Tri-Cane)[Ex]
Kaen Sansetsukon Chuudan Uchi (Tri-Cane Explosion)
Suzume Otoshi (Upper Cane) [Ex]
Senpuukon (Typhoon Cane)
Kyoushuu Hishou Kon (Flying Cane smasher)
Super: Chou Kaen Senpuu Kon (Final Hurricane Fire Cane) [EX]
Neomax: Dai Guren Senpuu kon

Additional Stages (not all):
95 Iori
96 Esaka
Rocky/desert area
AOF 2 Kyokugen Dojo (not sure if these are iphone exclusive.)

Last edited:

saner

Krauser's Henchman
oh these are worth showing, maybe some or all of these will carry over to console port.

Esaka
http://www.dotup.org/uploda/www.dotup.org1765383.png

www.dotup.org1765383.png

Rose Shop
http://www.dotup.org/uploda/www.dotup.org1765467.png

www.dotup.org1765467.png

Iori 95 stage, Desert/Rocks, Kyokugen AO2 stage
http://www.dotup.org/uploda/www.dotup.org1765464.png

www.dotup.org1765464.png

Taiso

Remembers The North,
20 Year Member
This thread is legitimately surreal now.

I like Rick's moveset quite a bit.

I think the white pony tail and black shaved sides are pretty cool looking.

His outfit is stupid.

I've played Vanessa enough times that I don't need to see her again. Rick is fun to play in RB2 and I'd like to relive that in a new game.

Hopefully the thread just got a bit less surreal.

But probably not.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
What keeps SF and Tekken relevant is not only the homages to IRL fighters but the hardcore badasses they have as well.

Same reason Mortal Kombat took off: the plot is dumber than shit but EVERYBODY is an "Akuma" in that game.

In MK all of them are jacked up, duty bound killing machines and while I think it's pretty overdone and tiresome, these "badasses" are what young, competitive, heterosexual, males in North America want to vicariously see themselves as when playing not just fighting games but pretty much all games out there.

Lets be real: We're all seeing the same tourney vids here...dudes who are keeping the scene alive are wise cracking mall gangstas.

Not weeaboo sissies and closet nonces.

Adding Momoko or Botan won't make inroads with us or them. Only a few sweaty nerds will spray their shorts over this and then BYEBYE SNK.

Adding Billy Kane was a smart move.

This is true in my case and the case of many but let's face it; The SNK fighting scene and the arcade fighting scene in general is being invaded by a bunch of sexualy confused nancies, they all look like pussies and they all love ash and think they are the Sol Bad Guy of their block. So yes, there is a target market for all them gay looking characters, yes I said gay, I hope that dosen't label me as a homophobe, I don't really care who wants to fuck who, that's fine with me, I just want my KOF to be real Bad ass like KOF95 used to be and I think they half way accomplished that with KOFXII, Andy looks like he just came out of Fatal Fury Special! Thats a great looking sprite.

saner

Krauser's Henchman
yes! iphone version includes KOFXII style zoom/scaling system! KOFXIII console ports should have that feature available in its options!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QIReGjn_Jp0

As AOF1, AOF2, SS, KOFXII, etc. have proven, the attacks feel more brutal and the fights are more intense up close! :)

Taiso

Remembers The North,
20 Year Member
Wow. This is shaping up to be one hell of an apology to the fans.

And unlike the nostalgia from the MI games, it looks like they're doing this the right way.

Very pleased so far.

Thanks for the updates, Saner.

SPINMASTER X

20 Year Member
What keeps SF and Tekken relevant is not only the homages to IRL fighters but the hardcore badasses they have as well.

Same reason Mortal Kombat took off: the plot is dumber than shit but EVERYBODY is an "Akuma" in that game.

In MK all of them are jacked up, duty bound killing machines and while I think it's pretty overdone and tiresome, these "badasses" are what young, competitive, heterosexual, males in North America want to vicariously see themselves as when playing not just fighting games but pretty much all games out there.

Lets be real: We're all seeing the same tourney vids here...dudes who are keeping the scene alive are wise cracking mall gangstas.

Not weeaboo sissies and closet nonces.

Adding Momoko or Botan won't make inroads with us or them. Only a few sweaty nerds will spray their shorts over this and then BYEBYE SNK.

Adding Billy Kane was a smart move.
I want to make this my sig.

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
Having new backgrounds is absolutely awesome. I hope these new backgrounds look better on the console version though.

The canyons stage looked better in a concept art that they posted a long time ago (in the blog section of the official site):

100811.jpg

GMXRecDsmN53C2X791AF32sT745bw3H9.jpg

I would love to see the Russian and French (KOF12 version) stages make a come back as well.

Nakuroro and the weabo shit should stay in the i-phone shit (no offence, saner)

SPINMASTER X

20 Year Member
Isn't Shen Woo enough like Rick already?
They don't play anything alike at all. Shen looks has just straight brawling power moves and Rick makes you think of Dudley. Basically one is Balrog and the other is Dudley and you know those two don't play anything alike whatsoever.

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
I guess. I mean, I'm kind of indifferent to Rick. I never used him in RB2. Is it official that he's in this game? I can't tell from all the arguing. I'd really like somebody like John Crawley in this game.

I've smelled napalm in the morning. You don't scare me.

EDIT - I don't think Shen Woo is anything like Rog.

SPINMASTER X

20 Year Member
I guess. I mean, I'm kind of indifferent to Rick. I never used him in RB2. Is it official that he's in this game? I can't tell from all the arguing. I'd really like somebody like John Crawley in this game.

I've smelled napalm in the morning. You don't scare me.

EDIT - I don't think Shen Woo is anything like Rog.
To answer your question, he isn't in this game. People just wished that he was.

I know Shen isn't like Rog, it was just a comparison between Rick and Shen to show how different they are. Shen is to Balrog as Rick is to Dudley.

But you never played Rick? Man he is so fun. I also wasn't so big on Shen but Rick was definitely a load of fun. you should load up RB2 and have a go with him. I'm sure you won't be disappointed.

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
I've played him. I just never got into him. I owned the RB2 homecarts for a few years before eventually selling it to Magnaflux. I was more of a Duck King player in RB2. Man, now there's a character I want brought back....

SPINMASTER X

20 Year Member
That'd be pretty sweet if Duck King came back. When FF2 came out I thought he was the coolest character EVER. Could you imagine how bad ass he'd look in the KOF XIII art style?

Taiso

Remembers The North,
20 Year Member
Duck King=Hells yes.

It blew my mind when he appeared in XI. SO happy about that.