KoF 13 gameplay thread

cyriades

Super Spy Agent
I keep hearing that there are still some balancing issues, but that overall the tiers are pretty compact. Sadly I have no options for playing the game yet unless I travel pretty far, so it's just waiting on the console release. What does everyone think so far about the gameplay, though? I hear nothing but good things, balancing issues aside. I'd think there would very likely be a balance patch at some point for the console versions, as well. Also, from all the videos I've seen and things I've read, most of the characters are pretty solid with plenty of tools, and there don't seem to be any useless characters.

SPINMASTER X

I AM NOT FRENCHMAN,, I AM A HUMAN BEING!,
20 Year Member
I love the gameplay and have no complaints at all so far.

cyriades

Super Spy Agent
Can't wait for the game to drop...I'll definitely want to match up against some of ya :D

alec

Hardcore Neoholic
15 Year Member
The wacky combo system is wacky, but I'll learn more once I have the home disc. I think it's pretty good. Raiden is beastin', and Terry is a popular choice.

cyriades

Super Spy Agent
The wacky combo system is wacky, but I'll learn more once I have the home disc. I think it's pretty good. Raiden is beastin', and Terry is a popular choice.

If all I hear is true about Raiden's brokenness, I hope he gets at least a little more balance tweaking for the home disc. Other than that the game is looking better and better every time I hear news about it. I'll certainly be maining Terry, Andy, Joe, and the Art of Fighting characters.

cannonball

Master Brewer, Genzai Sake Co.
15 Year Member
If all I hear is true about Raiden's brokenness, I hope he gets at least a little more balance tweaking for the home disc. Other than that the game is looking better and better every time I hear news about it. I'll certainly be maining Terry, Andy, Joe, and the Art of Fighting characters.

Raiden's drop kick was toned down for the console version. Takes longer to charge and can't be followed up from mid screen anymore.

cyriades

Super Spy Agent
Excellent. Hopefully this means that, from now on, not every team in tournaments will include Raiden. Just wonder how the tier list is going to look a few months after the game's out.

cyriades

Super Spy Agent
Yeah - loving the artwork in XIII as well. And then all this DLC that seems to keep getting added. It's a no brainer purchase ^_^