SSF4AE Matchup Thread

MilkManX

I Love Frames!,
Had some fun games with Chunky Lover 53.

I really like this update. Not a big fan of Oni or Evil Ryu but the rest of the update is awesome.

e

complexz

Rosa's Tag-Tea,
said fuck it today, bought a big wega flatscreen tv to do fighters with

2a5zuyt.jpg

lol that shit is crazy man that is the EXACT TV I use. hotness aint it?

Jedah Doma

Chroma Ma' Doma!,
thanks dude, only costed 46 bucks. picture is solid. I'm trying to find my 3s disc for ps2, haha. I actually had my old 36, i even tweaked the flyback for excellent sharprness. Turned out the flyback was bad, it has a arc ring going around it. Trashing that one. Shit is SCARY when its fired up.

Good to hear. Bought a second TV for the downstairs. A lovely 36" Sony tube. As much as I love my new Sony LED LCD, there is still nothing quite like my Sony CRT.

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
yeah, i missed crt's. TRUE Black levels and no lag is awesome.

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
Its there, you just adapted. Every HDTV has some form of lag. Even running native resolutions you get post processing lag. I've completely adapted to the PS3 lag to the point it doesnt effect me, but fighters are a different story. It depends on your threshold. Any fighting game is getting played on CRT or nothing for me.

IsamuBlue

Formerly Megatron2929
I got the PS3 version on physical disk tonight. I'll be online for a few hours if anyone wants to play. I haven't played in months and I'll mostly be trying out the new characters so don't be surprised when you whoop my ass easily, lol.

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
I'm probably gonna grab a TE soon or something. Lot of good craigs buys now.

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
I have a CRT that I play my NES on. I switch from that to my 360 on the hdtv all the time. I don't experience any lag. I don't buy the "I just adapted," either, because there's no difference in playing my NES and then my 360 minutes later.

complexz

Rosa's Tag-Tea,
most HD's do lag, but some are only like a frame or even under, which is pretty much no lag.

I played on a laggy tv for awhile which was only a couple of frames slow, I just thought I kinda sucked at anti air timing in SFIV as my anti air's would trade way too often. switched to a CRT tv and they just started working :) barely any difference in combo timing or nothing, but when all my anti airs were a few frames late it was enough to cause them to trade instead of hit, it's got to be really bad lag to be immediately noticeable, I only realized when I went to the arcade and the game felt slightly different.

you can always test your tv for lag too, you just need a laptop with video out and a camera, you run a time code program that displays on both screens and take a photo of both screens, you can then see the difference in the timer.

DSCF2004-2.jpg

This tv I was using for example is lagless :)

Last edited:

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
I have a CRT that I play my NES on. I switch from that to my 360 on the hdtv all the time. I don't experience any lag. I don't buy the "I just adapted," either, because there's no difference in playing my NES and then my 360 minutes later.

NO, you do experience lag. Do a time test. Guarantee'd there will be a number difference.

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
NO, you do experience lag. Do a time test. Guarantee'd there will be a number difference.

No, I'm not experiencing lag. There may be lag, but I'm not experiencing it. You're talking lag that is so negligible that it's not even worth mentioning. In fact, millions and millions of people are able to play new consoles with hidef tvs without lag issues. The lag is a non-issue (although I imagine it can be worse, depending on the tv, but I haven't tested every one out there).

It's a very small group of people who claim to have a problem with this. I liken this to musicians with perfect pitch. Anything other than a true "A" note, and they simply cannot play it, even if it's only a few cents sharp or flat. It's negligible to just about everybody else, but it can completely ruin a musician.

So, yeah, sucks that you have this problem, but be aware that you're in a very small minority that this affects. When millions of other gamers don't have this problem, it's kind of hard to throw a blanket statement that "they've just adapted."

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
I dont know what happened with that "NO" in my reply. It came off really dickish. My bad.

My best response tv has lag even on the VGA output. I tried running 3S on 2df with it before and it was unplayable. I switched to a old crt style comp monitor, worked perfect.

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
I dont know what happened with that "NO" in my reply. It came off really dickish. My bad.

My best response tv has lag even on the VGA output. I tried running 3S on 2df with it before and it was unplayable. I switched to a old crt style comp monitor, worked perfect.

2D fighters, even lag of the tinyist ms is gonna be causing me to drop timings. I was so frustrated for the last year with this I brought my larger crt back to try to get some quality going, sucker died. Been rocking this new wega crt and its been peachy.

The thing with my style of play, I'm very fundamental, but my head works like a computer when it comes to combos. If lag changes the timing of anything I will quit the hardware completely and go back to something lagless. Plinking helps, but a good example of this shit is one frame links with rufus in SFIV

Edit; wow cant edit after 1 minute time lapse. Really bad new change. Probably accidental.

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
Yeah, I'll probably be posting a lot less now. I've always been the type who edits constantly, or adds more, and not having that option makes posting suck for me.

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
First match and the haters are in full force. What's sad is I beat this guy's ass, but he had a decent Cody, so I was going to send him a message saying "nice Cody," but got this before it was completed.

umad-1.jpg

I replied with "your stick couldn't save you from that ass whoopin"

haters gonna hate

I posted the video on youtube. A month later he replies to it:

Hey anybody can get lucky once and I would love a FT5 rematch
RokNRoLLuh 31 minutes ago

Funny thing is, I recognize his gamertag and I've played and beaten this guy before. He probably has no clue because about a year ago I used to change my name all the time. So yeah, first to five...

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
ima ride up in her3 and show ya reel skilzs

Moon Jump

Alfred Garcia's Butler
Didn't know which thread to bump, but it was just announced at Evo that they are working on a balance patch for AE. If I hear good things I might end up getting this.

OrochiEddie

Kobaïa Is De Hündïn
20 Year Member
At a EVO 2011 panel, Capcom's Yoshinori Ono announced that they've begun working on balance changes for Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition.

Capcom USA signed off on the patch and they will be testing balance changes it select locations in arcades in the future.

This will not cost any money, it'll be a free download, when it's released on the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3. Ono wants to take his time balancing this, and according to Seth Killian it will be available in the fall or winter time.

Ono said since he's announcing this, he's asking people to please tone down all of the bad language and insults on his Twitter account.
thank god. Yun and Fei were outright obnoxious

cannonball

Master Brewer, Genzai Sake Co.
15 Year Member
thank god. Yun and Fei were outright obnoxious

They were, but even still, the field was pretty diverse and a lot of good non yun/fei players have been really successful. With a re-balance we'll definitely have a much better evo next year (top 32 was amazing last night though none the less).

OrochiEddie

Kobaïa Is De Hündïn
20 Year Member
They were, but even still, the field was pretty diverse and a lot of good non yun/fei players have been really successful. With a re-balance we'll definitely have a much better evo next year (top 32 was amazing last night though none the less).

if you ask me, nerf the hong kong trio, then from there its mostly buffing the bottom characters. The cast is already too big to ever make a truly balanced game. Super4 wasn't too bad in all honesty.

OrochiEddie

Kobaïa Is De Hündïn
20 Year Member
holy shit 2012 edition? more like Super Street Fighter IV Apology Edition.

Yun and Yang got massacred. Cody got some great buffs.

And good ol bison they did fucking nothing basically.