SSF4AE Matchup Thread

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
Yang is so fucking insane. His super is easy 50%, and I suck with custom combos and shit

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
There's no way Yang isn't the best character in the game. This guy can just run over everybody. Dive kick into hit confirming a bunch of crouching lps link into c.mk then combo into qcf p x3 is just sick, easy damage and poses no risks, outside of the initial dive kick. Dude is a hit confirming machine.

OrochiEddie

Kobaïa Is De Hündïn
20 Year Member
dumb question but what do the BP and PP numbers on the right mean?

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
I repaired my joystick with 8 new sanwa buttons and a brand new sanwa stick. This is my main stick I got in like 06. Its a HORI HRAP. I got it specifically for 3S, but never modded those awful stock buttons. Now it has 8 new blue sanwa buttons.. I just repaired it. Re-oiled the joystick, and have the best working gear I've had to do games in practically years.

So. I may jump into this snorefest of a game. Expect Ryu and Rog. I'll post the hourly sessions I do. =)

Also, I brought in my old CRT monitor. its 36 inch monitor.

Last edited:

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
Good games WES. I wish you had a mic.

:)

Fun times man. I actually have a mic, but my buddy is borrowing it. I'm getting it back today so the next time we play we can bs. Still knocking the Cody rust off. I'm not even sure he was able to link a HP tornado from a crouching lk before, but it so easy now.

complexz

Rosa's Tag-Tea,
I didn't plan on playing yun but I was in the lab in training mode and got kinda addicted

discovered a really cheap crossup trick

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
Sweet bro, that looks great!

When you reset them, it looks like you're hitting them before they land. Why doesn't that combo? Or are you just hitting them RIGHT when they land so it looks like they never leave the air?

complexz

Rosa's Tag-Tea,
thanks man, it's right as they land, if you use the weak punch shoulder they don't even leave the ground, possibly leading into some kinda fadc or super cancel shit... i donno yun too well to know exactly what his options are off a landed lp shoulder though.

it's totally blockable but since hes hitting you with his ass from the other side it's a super ambiguous crossup.

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
I see, that's what I figured. That shit is ambiguous as fuck. I can see mixing people up all day with that, and with Yun's ability to rush down and pressure, this is a great thing to have in his bag of tricks. Can't wait to see if you find anymore stuff out, bro.

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
haha thats pretty tricky. My only question. After you do it once, why not just guard reverse? Does this make it hard either way or is just a gimmick?

complexz

Rosa's Tag-Tea,
pssh you know me better than that sucka

early canceled stand short = hit in front
late canceled stand short = hit in back
cr mp substituted for stand short = whiff in back for possible command grab setup (probably not safe but a example of flexable possibilities)

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
man, that shit just doesnt look right. I can't stand how yun looks and feels in this. Feels like 3S yun covered in play dough. Why don't people just jab his dumb dive kicks. Can't you literally just jab him right out of it? I need to download this travesty soon. Only got super iv.

bradtemple87

Mickey's Coach
10 Year Member
I should be getting the upgrade soon. I play on psn

ID- yeldarbthetitan

IsamuBlue

Formerly Megatron2929
I'll be on PSN on the 28th. I'm one of those retards that has to have a physical copy of the game instead of just downloading an update.

SPINMASTER X

I AM NOT FRENCHMAN,, I AM A HUMAN BEING!,
20 Year Member
man, that shit just doesnt look right. I can't stand how yun looks and feels in this. Feels like 3S yun covered in play dough. Why don't people just jab his dumb dive kicks. Can't you literally just jab him right out of it? I need to download this travesty soon. Only got super iv.

I feel you bro. As powerful as the twins are they are hard to come to grips with. I feel like yang is playing me instead of the other way around.

Stuart989

Sexless Insecure troglodyte, Has an awesome pc rig
It's not like the twins are broken. They are just really good compared to the rest of the cast, and they have bad their match-ups as well. Yang in particular has to work harder to deal more damage. Yun has easy links and stuff, but he is nothing like HDR akuma. He is just top tier.

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
Dug out my old capture card and recorded a few matches (also had fun re-learning Sony Vegas):

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
said fuck it today, bought a big wega flatscreen tv to do fighters with

2a5zuyt.jpg

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
thanks dude, only costed 46 bucks. picture is solid. I'm trying to find my 3s disc for ps2, haha. I actually had my old 36, i even tweaked the flyback for excellent sharprness. Turned out the flyback was bad, it has a arc ring going around it. Trashing that one. Shit is SCARY when its fired up.

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
I need to get a new tv :\

Dicking around with Evil Ryu. No idea how to use him. Tried a lot of shit that just didn't work (lol@trying to juggle with a hurricane kick)