KoF XIII Port this Winter

Wachenroder

Galford's Poppy Trainer
I love that stage background. Hope the DLC characters aren't as expensive as Capcom characters...

Also, Amazon is the best place to preorder games IMO. With most titles (depends on popularity mostly) you get a $10-20 credit for the next order, and some times 99 cent day-of-release shipping. I don't think KOF XIII had any bonuses besides the CD soundtracks, but I got the game for $30 since I had a $20 credit from GoW3.
I order about 1 game per month, and typically save about $10 on each title (including shipping), plus no sales tax is always a bonus. F Gamestop in the A!

I don't know what is about these grimey gloomy alley stages. Whether it be Gen's stage in Alpha 2 or the Alley Stage in the original Capcom vs SNK. I just can't get enough these types of stages. For me it encapsulates what it means to be a street fighter.

That KoF soundtrack set is missing some of the best songs of the series. Sadistic Eyes, Stormy Screams, Goodbye Esaka and Tears are my 4 favorites KoF songs of all time. Between 4 discs, Tears is the only song that made it in. Kinda soured the whole package but fuck it its free who cares.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
That KoF soundtrack set is missing some of the best songs of the series.
Eh, I think it has a pretty good selection, but I have pretty much all the old soundtracks anyway, so I wasn't worried about it. What didn't occur to me until it was too late is that the pre-order would also include the complete XIII soundtrack, which is the only one I don't have at all. So I would have gone for that. But the OST offer has been removed from amazon, so it seems likely Atlus has run out of them and any further pre-orders will just get the game. Oh well.

Wachenroder

Galford's Poppy Trainer
Eh, I think it has a pretty good selection, but I have pretty much all the old soundtracks anyway, so I wasn't worried about it. What didn't occur to me until it was too late is that the pre-order would also include the complete XIII soundtrack, which is the only one I don't have at all. So I would have gone for that. But the OST offer has been removed from amazon, so it seems likely Atlus has run out of them and any further pre-orders will just get the game. Oh well.

Look at me running my damn mouth complaining. Fucked around and missed the goddamn preorder bonus. Should have preordered the first moment I got the chance. Oh well...

Last edited:

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
Look at me running my damn mouth complaining. Fucked around and missed the goddamn preorder bonus. Should have preordered the first moment I got the chance. Oh well...
Maybe some other places still have them and it's only amazon that's burned through their allotment. Wouldn't hurt to check around. I'll probably wait and see if I can just find the XIII soundtrack somewhere at some point, though. I'll pick up the game itself when I see it. I'm not a big pre-order guy in general.

Wachenroder

Galford's Poppy Trainer
Maybe some other places still have them and it's only amazon that's burned through their allotment. Wouldn't hurt to check around. I'll probably wait and see if I can just find the XIII soundtrack somewhere at some point, though. I'll pick up the game itself when I see it. I'm not a big pre-order guy in general.

Yeah me neither. Especially retailer exclusive shit. I would have gone ahead and pre-ordered a long time ago but I don't have a credit card, amazon won't take paypal, and I fucking hate Gamestop. Oh well somebody has got to be selling. I'll keep an eye out and if push comes to shove i'll resort to Gamestop.

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showt...ter-KOF-XIII&p=3230808&highlight=#post3230808

I'm seriously planning to buy multiple copies of the game, and hand out the extra copies to whoever interested in fighting games, and who in turn, may help introduce the game to his friends.

Would be great if others could join me in this support initiative by doing the same.

KOFXIII-Pre-Ordered.jpg

KOFXIII-Pre-Ordered2.jpg

1804131-shut_up_and_take_my_money__super.jpg

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
I wish people would stop asking for a Mark of the Wolves 2. That is very close to being the last thing I'd ever want to see, although I guess SNKP is a lot closer to being capable of producing a worthy attempt than they were even a few years ago. But still. I'd rather see them try something else with those characters -- maybe a little more Fatal Fury-ish -- than repeat the SF3 formula of MotW.

bradtemple87

Mickey's Coach
10 Year Member
I'm so anxious for this. I think the track list is pretty good from the tunes I can remember.

Wachenroder

Galford's Poppy Trainer
I wish people would stop asking for a Mark of the Wolves 2. That is very close to being the last thing I'd ever want to see, although I guess SNKP is a lot closer to being capable of producing a worthy attempt than they were even a few years ago. But still. I'd rather see them try something else with those characters -- maybe a little more Fatal Fury-ish -- than repeat the SF3 formula of MotW.

I love Fatal Fury. It's one of my favorite franchises of all time. I also love Street Fighter. It IS my favorite franchise of all time. That being said, it's pretty obvious that I would love Mark of the Wolves with it being so similar to SF3. However, multi-plane fighting is what made FF what it is. My personal favorite Fatal Fury game is Real Bout 2 so that's where I would like SNKP to draw inspiration.

Let the KoF series continue some of the traditions of Mark of the Wolves.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
I love Fatal Fury. It's one of my favorite franchises of all time. I also love Street Fighter. It IS my favorite franchise of all time. That being said, it's pretty obvious that I would love Mark of the Wolves with it being so similar to SF3. However, multi-plane fighting is what made FF what it is. My personal favorite Fatal Fury game is Real Bout 2 so that's where I would like SNKP to draw inspiration.

Let the KoF series continue some of the traditions of Mark of the Wolves.
Just a heads up, but if you haven't ordered or made an arrangement with anyone else yet, amazon has re-added their OST pre-order bonus offer. Apparently someone wrote Atlus about it, and they got it put back on the amazon page. So if you're still looking, you might want to jump on it now, in case it goes away again.

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
KOFXIII may not be aesthetically as good as SNK's finest titles, but it's still up there. And it's the best KOF yet IMO.

Just a heads up, but if you haven't ordered or made an arrangement with anyone else yet, amazon has re-added their OST pre-order bonus offer.

I should have waited lol.

Wachenroder

Galford's Poppy Trainer
I'm going to preorder from Amazon right now but i'm wondering, does Amazon generally deliver day 1?

Wachenroder

Galford's Poppy Trainer
I alright I went ahead and pre-ordered this and Ultimate Marvel. Good to finally get it out of the way.

VinylBoy

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
Wow... it's been a while!
* Dusts off his old profile & username *

Just did the same thing as Wachenroder with the pre-order of both KOF XIII and Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3. Holding off on Capcom vs. Tekken for now since that won't be around for a couple of months, and because I have to set aside some money for everyone's favorite game... Puyo Puyo 20th Anniversary! (OK, so I'm the only one who actually does like that silly game in America. But whatever!)

TonK

Least Valuable Player
Wow... it's been a while!
* Dusts off his old profile & username *

Just did the same thing as Wachenroder with the pre-order of both KOF XIII and Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3. Holding off on Capcom vs. Tekken for now since that won't be around for a couple of months, and because I have to set aside some money for everyone's favorite game... Puyo Puyo 20th Anniversary! (OK, so I'm the only one who actually does like that silly game in America. But whatever!)

Just saw you posted.

How the hell have you been, Curt?

VinylBoy

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
Just saw you posted.

How the hell have you been, Curt?

Doing fine, TonK. :)
Been really busy with music stuff and running a label. Doing a lot of traveling back and forth between NYC/BOS and some international stuff with the DJ work. Moved back to Boston after doing 12 years in New York into a new home with a nice sized basement that I'm now converting into a full studio and game room. Just recently unpacked some of my video game stuff and got to the Neo Geo carts. Showed them all to my 9 year old great nephew. His reaction was priceless... "Wow! The game is THAT BIG?" as he held onto a home cart. :)

The whole thing made me feel a bit nostalgic about this site and decided to test out my old username & password. Kinda cool that it still works. How have things been around here?

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
I don't know what I was holding out for. I want the game. I had to order something else and just said fuck it, here we go. Of course, I now have to wait until the end of the month for the other thing I ordered since it will ship with KOF, but oh well.