KoF XIII Port this Winter

cyriades

Super Spy Agent
Saw several minutes of that, and need to watch all of it. The Art of Fighting style conversation system is insane, and I'm loving the tutorial mode. It was also pretty funny how the guy reacted to Mai.

saner

Krauser's Henchman
Saw several minutes of that, and need to watch all of it. The Art of Fighting style conversation system is insane, and I'm loving the tutorial mode. It was also pretty funny how the guy reacted to Mai.

oh yes it really gives the characters more interaction and soul than ever before in the entire history of KOF! (not just in endings and written website prologues to the tournament.) And nice addition with different facial portraits for the conversation sequences, not to mention the super high quality cutscene art!!!! This is the best story presentation in a SNK/P fighting game of all time! :)

Taiso

Remembers The North,
20 Year Member
It's looking tight. All the extra modes, additional content and focus on the pure KOF aesthetic are very encouraging to see. I'm very pleased to see SNK addressing all the things that were wrong with XII and putting them in here.

A little discouraging to hear 'console specific characters', but I'm buying it for both consoles so I'll be experiencing it all.

This one is really pumping me up. This may be the game that gets me back in the fight scene!

Zellez

King's Dry Cleaner
Looks like the game has everything a fan could ask for. It's fun to play, not so easy to master and for the first time with a lot of extra content and a thorough story!
Maybe someone will not like the fact that some characters were balanced, but this is probably for the best.

bokmeow

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
New release date is now 22 November 2011.

I guess it's timed to the Thanksgiving cycle of gift buying. I might be eyeing a PS3 then as well.

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
I'm not bummed about the delay as much as I am worried about the game's sales performance, considering that will set it right between UMvC3 and Tekken Hybrid.

I dig the KOFXI tribute in the new trailer though.

fake

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
15 Year Member
That's pretty bad news, imo. Delayed games end up being shitty a lot of the time.

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
There's a pretty neat new version of london march in the game:
...although I wish they'd dig out the one from Real Bout again.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
I love the classic backgrounds. I wish they'd make you able to kick people into the gears of Billy's FF2 stage.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
Aaaaaaaand I see the pre-order price on amazon went back up to full price. I shouldn't have waited when I saw it lower. I guess I'll see if it comes back down any before November, although I guess $50 is already kind of like getting it 10 bucks cheaper than most new games.

Taiso

Remembers The North,
20 Year Member
Man, that's some BULL shit!:mad:

How dare fate conspire against me? I was all glowy that KOF XIII was releasing on my birthday.

Oh well. I guess waiting another month at this point ain't that big of a deal. It's still gonna rock the bones when it streets, and if it means they're taking the time to release it in an even better state, I suppose I can live with it:)

Fett

Camel Slug
Aaaaaaaand I see the pre-order price on amazon went back up to full price. I shouldn't have waited when I saw it lower. I guess I'll see if it comes back down any before November, although I guess $50 is already kind of like getting it 10 bucks cheaper than most new games.

Amazon always guarantees their prices, so if they drop it you'll get the cheaper cost before it actually ships.

I haven't been following this game for a couple months or so. What's the deal with exclusive characters now? Planning on getting the PS3 version just because I have a ps3 TE stick, but Xbox has a different exclusive?

Still no Vanessa or Whip?

Last edited:

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
The character PS3 / XBox360 exclusivity was a mistake by Arcadia magazine. In response, SNKP confirmed in their official blog that both characters are available on both systems.

cyriades

Super Spy Agent
Yikes, is anyone to decipher that? Or read Japanese? I'm sure a lot of us would love to understand the changelog.

Lee Gray

SSVS Special Plz..., Buying & Selling that, Never
that trailer makes me want to get a PS3

Fett

Camel Slug
google translate ftw
and it's on 360 as well (not that I condone selling of consoles)

Last edited:

Wachenroder

Galford's Poppy Trainer
Are any other retailers offering the OST preorder bonus? Fuck Gamestop and Amazon doesn't accept Paypal.

Geo Mantle

n00b
Probably Play-Asia. Amazon and Gamestop are the two main places that are advertising it, though.

Doesn anyone know if Atlus has any companies working on a strategy guide for the game? KOF XII's wasn't all that bad, and I'd be really interested in getting a book for this game.

Wachenroder

Galford's Poppy Trainer
Play-Asia is offering it too? If I remember correctly, they took paypal right? I'm gonna go check that out thanks.