KoF XIII Port this Winter

Poonman

macebronian
15 Year Member
Hwa is definitely going on the team, as is Billy. I'm still unsure who to round the team out with...maybe Kim, since he's been one of my favorite characters since 1992.

Yeah, for the first time in a while I can say there are actually enough cool characters for two different teams to main with.

For my badass team it'll be Hwa(green trunks), Billy and Andy(green and black suit w. ninja mask)

and for the good guy team I'd probably go with Takuma(Shin Akuma colors), Joe Higashi (white hair, black leggings), and Robert (dark suit, blonde hair)...I might swap Robert out for Kim though...who knows until this shit happens.

Ditto on looking forward to this, it's gonna be pretty sweet.

cyriades

Super Spy Agent
Hwa just keeps looking more and more sadistically good. I'll definitely be picking him up along with Billy. Hell for a while I might just be training Joe, Hwa, and King for the muay Thai badassery.

saner

Krauser's Henchman
shouldn't topic say this Autumn, since the port is releasing in October?

Moon Jump

Alfred Garcia's Butler

New trailer now with "Holiday 2011". I wish they'd bring back Oswald.

Fett

Camel Slug
Looks like KOF XIII will be out as early as October now.
Atlus narrows down the fall North American release for the console version of The King of Fighters XIII today, promising console-exclusive characters, stages, and game modes galore. Until then, expect screenshots and trailers galore, much like these.

See if you can spot some of the console-exclusive content in the trailer of the thirteenth King of Fighters title, and keep an eye out for the new NEO MAX desperation moves, eating up the power gauge three bars at a time. That's why they call it desperation, folks.

Look for The King of Fighters XIII on the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 this October.

Last edited:

saner

Krauser's Henchman
I wonder if the console versions, especially PS3 version will be adapted to the controls nicely so the controls stay responsive as possible. 2002 controls felt tough on PS2, but 2003 controls were silky smooth in comparison.

bradtemple87

Mickey's Coach
10 Year Member
I finally go to try it out yesterday, and I really enjoyed what I got to try :)

Chunky Lover 53

Fio's Quartermaster
I can't wait for this game to come out. I still play my KOFXII a lot, I just hate the way it feel's like a beta when playing it.

saner

Krauser's Henchman
Atlus Debuting Console Release of King of Fighters XIII at Otakon!
http://www.otakon.com/news_article.asp?id=628

No details....

My wife just passed this on to me, since we (she will be for sure...) are allegedly suppose to be there.....

I think that will be a unfinished build. Most likely not all of the console characters will be included for that event besides Billy. They are probably saving the surprise reveal of more characters for the next 3 months.

fake

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
15 Year Member
I wonder if the console versions, especially PS3 version will be adapted to the controls nicely so the controls stay responsive as possible. 2002 controls felt tough on PS2, but 2003 controls were silky smooth in comparison.

I noticed that too, but I just figured that 02 is more strict than 03. I didn't think it had anything to do with the porting.

XIII will be at SDCC as well as Otakon

cyriades

Super Spy Agent
I'll have friends going to Otakon...Might ask some of them to try the game for me, as I won't be able to make it.

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
Not much to add here, except that the loading seems to have been fixed now that the game is installed on the machine in PAX 2011. Now it's on the same level as the arcade version:

Shito

King of Typists,
20 Year Member
So we're having another all-new character, given the still blanking place next to Ash on the right (Billy on the left), and assuming Flame Iori will be a 'press start while selecting the regular character' alternate version of Iori... or maybe that's for the 'regular' Saiki?

Last edited:

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
Probably 2, not 1. I think there will be 2 or 3 more DLC characters later along with EX Iori.

koftest-4.jpg

Last edited: