Why haven't any of you doll fuckers started a Game of Thrones topic?

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Here's a Happy Hour theory craft:

The Night King kills Bran only to realize it's really Arya.

HDRchampion

Before you sell me something, ask how well my baby
10 Year Member
If there is a battle in Winterfell i see these people surviving...Pretty much majority of the people in the crypt.

Bran save by Theon sacrifice
Hound
Sansa
Arya
Varys
Jamie
Missandei
Tyrion
Sam, Gill, & Baby

Danny will save Jon w/ her dragon and escape to Dragonstone. Ghost dies protecting Jon.

Tyrion & Jamie goes to beg Cersei to help but refuse. Probably tells Mountain to kill them both. That's when Celgane Bowl happens. Jamie chokes the shit out of Cersei. Arya becomes Cersei commands the Golden Company.

Taiso

Remembers The North
20 Year Member
If there is a battle in Winterfell i see these people surviving...Pretty much majority of the people in the crypt.

Bran save by Theon sacrifice
Hound
Sansa
Arya
Varys
Jamie
Missandei
Tyrion
Sam, Gill, & Baby

Danny will save Jon w/ her dragon and escape to Dragonstone. Ghost dies protecting Jon.

Tyrion & Jamie goes to beg Cersei to help but refuse. Probably tells Mountain to kill them both. That's when Celgane Bowl happens. Jamie chokes the shit out of Cersei. Arya becomes Cersei commands the Golden Company.

This has been the best prediction out of all the ones I've read here so far. I concur with all of these and base that solely on my own gut instincts for and understanding of the story at hand.

Not sure about Ghost dying but it would not surprise me at all.

EDIT:

Here's a Happy Hour theory craft:

The Night King kills Bran only to realize it's really Arya.

I would LOVE this outcome. That would be the kind of wicked storytelling surprise that would shock the audience without betraying the story's foundations except for that the Night's King would know it's not Bran unless they use some kind of magic trick to duplicate the homing beacon of the mark.

Last edited:

Taiso

Remembers The North
20 Year Member
The only reason we saw him in E2 was to remind us he's still around and to make us extra sad when he dies in E3.

Which would be fine if the show hadn't treated Ghost like an inconvenient afterthought almost every time we've seen him on screen.

How can anyone that hasn't read the books even give one single shit about Ghost? The showrunners have kicked the hat down the hall at nearly every possible opportunity with Jon and Ghost, both as a pair and separately. One almost gets the sense that de-emphasizing the most important character in ASOIF is a willful act.

bulbousbeard

Iconic Romhacker Analinguist
1. Gendry - dead
2. Jorah - dead
3. Theon - dead
4. Brienne - dead
5. Lyanna Mormont - dead
6. Edd - dead
7. Grey Worm - dead
8. Missandei -dead
9. Dany - undead
10. Jon
11. Tyrion - dead
12. Sansa
13. Bran - dead, but wargs back in time, explains the situation to the children of the forest, who tie his host body to a tree and impale it with dragon glass to protect the memory of the world, while his body is destroyed in the present
14. Arya - dead
15. Jamie - dies after unlocking "night kingslayer" achievement
16. Davos - dead
17. Gilly
18. Sam
19. Tormund - dead
20. Podrick - dead
21. Beric - dead
22. Varys - dead
23. Sandor - dead
24. Ghost
25. Ugly girl - dies, horribly
26. Melisandre - must return to this strange land to die

You're way off. Check the behind the scenes video. Brienne, Gendry, and Jaime all shown filming around the King's Landing sets wearing different costumes than we saw in episodes 1-3. They all survive until at least episode 4. Pod's dead as fuck.

bYPtxCb.jpg

Taiso

Remembers The North
20 Year Member
Gendry and Brienne are good choices to survive Winterfell. Especially if Sansa and Arya make the trip south to King's Landing to get in on the finale.

I am starting to feel that there will be two or three finales.

One will revolve around Jon, Dany and Bran (with attendant characters) vs. the Night's King, either at the Aeire and/or Dragonstone.

The other will be the resolution of conflicts at King's Landing with characters to whom that conflict is more central.

Not going to argue that this will happen. But it would certainly not surprise me. Some of these characters are only tangentially involved with each other's plots and there is still quite a bit of ground to cover.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Gendry and Brienne are good choices to survive Winterfell. Especially if Sansa and Arya make the trip south to King's Landing to get in on the finale.

I am starting to feel that there will be two or three finales.

One will revolve around Jon, Dany and Bran (with attendant characters) vs. the Night's King, either at the Aeire and/or Dragonstone.

The other will be the resolution of conflicts at King's Landing with characters to whom that conflict is more central.

Not going to argue that this will happen. But it would certainly not surprise me. Some of these characters are only tangentially involved with each other's plots and there is still quite a bit of ground to cover.

I think Brienne’s story is over. For fuck sake Jaime is not going to dip his sword in her sheath just for the female unsullied fans.

HDRchampion

Before you sell me something, ask how well my baby
10 Year Member
Tyrion & Brienne are the only two he really cares about.

Maybe she protects Jamie from getting arrowed by Bron...So this makes Tyrion safe from dying and probably enough to piss off Jamie to kill Cersei.

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member
Tyrion & Brienne are the only two he really cares about.

Maybe she protects Jamie from getting arrowed by Bron...So this makes Tyrion safe from dying and probably enough to piss off Jamie to kill Cersei.

I'm really hoping Jamie kills Cersei. I hope they draw it out and torture that heartless bitch.

Taiso

Remembers The North
20 Year Member
I think Brienne’s story is over. For fuck sake Jaime is not going to dip his sword in her sheath just for the female unsullied fans.

I'm still thinking this show is going to sacrifice its own creative integrity for the feelgood 'Brienne as Kings/Queensguard' moment.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
I'm still thinking this show is going to sacrifice its own creative integrity for the feelgood 'Brienne as Kings/Queensguard' moment.

In this ending does Tyrion make a final crack about Varys’s sexual dysfunction?

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member
Who will survive, and who will die, at The Battle of Winterfell?

1. Gendry ALIVE
2. Jorah - DEAD AF
3. Theon - DEAD Protecting Bran
4. Brienne - Tough one.... ALIVE
5. Lyanna Mormont Another tough one. Prolly alive.
6. Edd - Edd is dead. Dead DEAD
7. Grey Worm - ALIVE hes one of the best fighters in the series.
8. Missandei-Alive
9. Dany - I think Jon will Sac himself for her, one of them will die I think... Maybe.
10. Jon - DEAD protecting Dany
11. Tyrion - ALIVE
12. Sansa - ALIVE
13. Bran- ALIVE
14. Arya - ALIVE
15. Jamie - ALIVE
16. Davos - DEAD maybe
17. Gilly - ALIVE
18. Sam - ALIVE
19. Tormund - He's Gonna live, and Smash Brienne.
20. Podrick - DEAD
21. Beric - DEAD
22. Varys- DEAD
23. Sandor- DEAD
24. Ghost - DEAD protecting Jon
25. That Bad Ass little girl defending the crypts. Shes gonna kill a Walker and survive.

Ultimately by the end of the series Jon or Dany will die i "think". Martin said the ending will be bitter sweet. This leads me to believe...

A. Dany Dies, Jon takes the throne and everyone makes peace.

B. Jon dies, everyone accepts Dany as the one ruler.

Taiso

Remembers The North
20 Year Member
In this ending does Tyrion make a final crack about Varys’s sexual dysfunction?

It would be the exclamation point of this entire series if it ended on another useless Tyrion joke at Varys' expense.

They may only be seconds but time is the one thing we can't get back or make up for.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Ultimately by the end of the series Jon or Dany will die i "think". Martin said the ending will be bitter sweet. This leads me to believe...

A. Dany Dies, Jon takes the throne and everyone makes peace.

B. Jon dies, everyone accepts Dany as the one ruler.

If Chekhov’s gun can be anything, it’s that Dany will use the dragons to kill the westerosi like her Dad would have.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Yohn Royce MIA. Is he in King’s Lansing or something?

Sage was half right. The dead of winter fell definitely came back.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
I don’t know if D&D purposefully tried to go for worst possible ending, but their talking thrones explanation was such complete bullshit about Arya having to use Valyrian steel to break the dragon glass in the night king, but ignoring that she didn’t know that.

Also, we are set up for fan favorites to all be alive in the final episode. Only the Dothraki, Edd, dondarrion, lyanna mormont, jorah, and Theon died. :-/

Taiso

Remembers The North
20 Year Member
please George finish the books so this fanfiction can stop

I could not have put it better myself.

Benioff and Weiss did their little featurette about the episode and demonstrated that they absolutely do NOT understand the source material at all.

There was nothing stopping Vyserion from just moving forward two feet and squashing Jon like a bug. And if Jon was so unimportant, why did he wait around for him to keep sticking his head up so he could play Whack-A-Stark?

Also, I could not stop laughing at the sight of Ghost running at the enemy beside Jorah. That made absolutely NO sense.

If in the hands of capable writers that weren't jerking themselves off t their fanfic version of events, Jon would have put Ghost in the crypt because that was where he could do the most good.

It's like they aren't even TRYING to stay true to the source at this point.

I thought my night couldn't get any worse after watching Avengers: Endgame and being embarrassed for the MCU after a ten year long journey. Those movies are banal, an utter exercise in futility.

Now I'm starting to feel the same way about GoT. But because I'm such a dumbass, I keep hoping that they'll eventually get something right.

This was a wonderfully produced episode with an absolute shit ending that sets up absurd fanservice.

When they talked about the little bear and decided to give her a heroic death, I kept thinking to myself 'Do you motherfuckers EVEN A Song of ICe and Fire?'

A pretty good episode with some Sandsnake Tier moments that result in, perhaps, the most abysmal collapse of a series in television history. This is '69 Cubs levels of implosion.

EDIT:

Meanwhile, I just binged the first season of Spartacus just to see how well it holds up and that show is the absolute goods, written to last and not pandering to a current year audience.

It knocks Game of Thrones down like Batiatus in the first episode of Gods of the Arena and pisses all over it.

Last edited:

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member
please George finish the books so this fanfiction can stop

Martin is what 71 now? The Winds of Winter will release or leak, even if he dies. At the speed he writes, I'm thing the chance A Dream of Spring actually gets finished is less than 50%. He's constantly working on side stuff, and even mentioned that he doesn't give 2 shits if it ever releases. I'm sure HBO doesn't care either, they will be happy with as many spin offs as possible that they get to make a new T.V. series for.

Back to the show though...

That was a damn good episode. I will refrain from posting much about it so no one accidentally reads it before seeing it.

I was confused about two things though. The first probably meaningless.

Spoiler:

1. At the beginning of the battle, when Dani and Jon fly the dragons toward the King. What was all the wind and dust/snow/ash? It was present through the entire fight, and I wasn't sure if it was just for atmosphere, or there was more to that.

2. How did Milisandre die? Was it her own will after removing the necklace?

The series has been running for so long now, I am forgetting important details. I may need to go back and re-watch the whole thing.

Taiso

Remembers The North
20 Year Member
Martin is what 71 now? The Winds of Winter will release or leak, even if he dies. At the speed he writes, I'm thing the chance A Dream of Spring actually gets finished is less than 50%. He's constantly working on side stuff, and even mentioned that he doesn't give 2 shits if it ever releases. I'm sure HBO doesn't care either, they will be happy with as many spin offs as possible that they get to make a new T.V. series for.

Back to the show though...

That was a damn good episode. I will refrain from posting much about it so no one accidentally reads it before seeing it.

I was confused about two things though. The first probably meaningless.

Spoiler:

1. At the beginning of the battle, when Dani and Jon fly the dragons toward the King. What was all the wind and dust/snow/ash? It was present through the entire fight, and I wasn't sure if it was just for atmosphere, or there was more to that.

2. How did Milisandre die? Was it her own will after removing the necklace?

The series has been running for so long now, I am forgetting important details. I may need to go back and re-watch the whole thing.

Spoiler:
The Night's King brought the winter with him. You know, the whole 'winter is coming' thing and all that. It's just an atmospheric effect of his presence,

Mellisandre's only reason for even being involved was because the Lord of Light told her she would play a role in the war against the Night. The Night is Dark and Full of Terrors and all of that. When the Night was defeated, her purpose was fulfilled so she took off her necklace which kept her young and decided to just die. I guess.

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
GRRM is contractually obliged to STFU about Game of Thrones until they've milked every last cent out of the show. And he would've received a massive pay out in doing so. He sold out.

I'd say the book is already finished and we'll see it in 12 months from now.

Time to just watch the show and be done with it. We've waited this long, it was never going to live up to everyone's expectations.

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
I won't say I was completely disappointed with last night's episode...it wasn't great, but few things are anymore.

All I can say is that they over stacked the deck in the Night King's favor. Any time you have a villain that strong, you need to at least develop them in a small amount. GoT (the show) really didn't, he was basically this opposing force, like a tornado. No real background, no real motive, zero origin. These are typically things that one uses to have them defeated.

Last night, the Night King and his army was simply unstoppable the entire time, at no time did the mortals stand a chance. It was like watching a NFL team play some JV league kids then somehow the kids sacking the NFL QB in the last seconds and somehow winning despite the score being 70 to 7. As a writer you can't really do that and please your audience.

We'll see how this all looks when the entire thing is played out...but I'm somehow guessing it will be limp.