Why haven't any of you doll fuckers started a Game of Thrones topic?

Taiso

Remembers The North,
20 Year Member
That would be kind of sad. I like HBO has done for tv shows. Really raised the bar on what a series can offer.

Well, if HBO's wonderful TV lineup goes away, you can blame GregN.

Castor Troy

The Esfinter that theMot Chupame's
Had no idea the second episode was available online.
Just finished dl'ing it. :D

Taiso

Remembers The North,
20 Year Member
I managed to catch the ep as well. Following suit and will not speak of it yet.

Does HBO Go do advance showings of all the episodes one week early, or just the first couple eps of a season? And is that ep only up on HBO Go for a limited time or up until the premiere of the ep?

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
I managed to catch the ep as well. Following suit and will not speak of it yet.

Does HBO Go do advance showings of all the episodes one week early, or just the first couple eps of a season? And is that ep only up on HBO Go for a limited time or up until the premiere of the ep?

That episode is NOT on HBO go. I searched and searched and couldn't find it. Ended up watching Eurotrip again.

Taiso

Remembers The North,
20 Year Member
The version of the ep I watched had the HBO GO lobo in the upper right corner the whole way through. So I wonder if it was a '24 hour special' type thing.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
The version of the ep I watched had the HBO GO lobo in the upper right corner the whole way through. So I wonder if it was a '24 hour special' type thing.

I'm actually wondering if the selection of videos varies from service providers. I have HBO Go through directtv, but maybe if you have it through something like Fios or whatever, you can access the show sooner. Similar to how in Europe people have to wait to see some content.

Sherlin

Natural Born Killer,
15 Year Member
Good episode tonight. Interesting that they're not putting Stannis's daughter or Patchface in the series. Not important characters though. I did like how Arya told Gendry about her identity earlier than in the books....

Taiso

Remembers The North,
20 Year Member
The only thing they said about Stannis' kids is that he has no sons. Has it been confirmed that we won't see his daughter in this?

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
Oh shit, this show is back. Fuck. This is one of those shows I can't watch drunk, high, or while I'm doing something else (playing guitar, 360, etc). I'm going to have to make a date to be able to sit down and devote my full attention to this shit again.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Good episode tonight. Interesting that they're not putting Stannis's daughter or Patchface in the series. Not important characters though. I did like how Arya told Gendry about her identity earlier than in the books....

welcome to last week.

Castor Troy

*necro-bump*

Been loving S2 so far. I'm glad I didn't read the 2nd book. Been seeing so many whiners complaining about how the show has veered off from the books.
From what I've seen, the pace seems rushed, and certain sections omitted (but I'm sure it would have cost HBO too much $$$ to film).
Anyways, other than Jon's storyline (which has been very disappointing to me), I really liked the Arya/Tywin storyline. Their scenes have been the best this season. I also never liked Cersei or Sansa until this last episode. Their scenes were pretty heartbreaking.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
*necro-bump*

Been loving S2 so far. I'm glad I didn't read the 2nd book. Been seeing so many whiners complaining about how the show has veered off from the books.
From what I've seen, the pace seems rushed, and certain sections omitted (but I'm sure it would have cost HBO too much $$$ to film).
Anyways, other than Jon's storyline (which has been very disappointing to me), I really liked the Arya/Tywin storyline. Their scenes have been the best this season. I also never liked Cersei or Sansa until this last episode. Their scenes were pretty heartbreaking.

I still don't like Cercei. But totally agree on Tywin and Arya. Tywin is slick. I'm really disliking Daenerys. I'm also not sure how HBO will handle Theon's fate. Maybe veering from the books is necessary. It's a bit too graphic even for cable. How often does Titus Andronicus show on tv? Exactly.

Castor Troy

I still don't like Cercei. But totally agree on Tywin and Arya. Tywin is slick. I'm really disliking Daenerys. I'm also not sure how HBO will handle Theon's fate. Maybe veering from the books is necessary. It's a bit too graphic even for cable. How often does Titus Andronicus show on tv? Exactly.

I got pretty fed up with Dany's whole "I'll burn down my enemies... blah blah blah". Yeah Dany, we got that since last season. But I did like that she realized how vulnerable she is this past episode.
Looking back now, it seems like most of the female cast were great this past episode. I'm going to re-watch this episode before Sunday fo sure.

HeartlessNinny

Heartlessness is a virtue
I think this show has been outstanding this season.

What really blows me away is there really isn't any actor I can point to as an obvious weak link. Usually there's at least one in a big ensemble cast like this, but I sure can't think of any.

I'm also continually surprised by the way the plot unfolds. Sometimes my predictions come true down to the letter and sometimes they... don't. ;)

Eric

Fight On!,
One can only hope they deviate from the books because those books are 1000 pages of boring each.

Taiso

Remembers The North,
20 Year Member
One can only hope they deviate from the books because those books are 1000 pages of boring each.

Wrong.

Probably the shittiest opinion I've ever read here. I'd agree with Ninny's thoughts on the Witcher 2 before I'd agree with this.

Taiso

Remembers The North,
20 Year Member
ned-head.350w_263h.jpg

Castor Troy

A bit off-topic, but I thought this was kind of cool. It's the girl who plays Arya in some flash mob dance routine (she's the one with pink shoes).