Why haven't any of you doll fuckers started a Game of Thrones topic?

Taiso

Remembers The North,
20 Year Member
Whoever it was (Taiso who do you think did it) that sent the assassin to kill Bran.

While it's never conclusively proven, there is a lot of discussion about this between significant characters in A Storm of Swords (book 3) and they come to a pretty sound theory on the matter. Because of this, i don't want to spoil it for you.

Ahhh, lot to talk about but that's about it. Bought the second book and just finished the prologue. What am I getting myself into.

A really great novel series that unfortunately gets a little too long winded at times. Still a fan.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
Taiso, I don't think Arya will ever become a Faceless Man.

She's got wolf dreams.

Faceless men can't melt wolf dreams.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
season 3 quote from episode 5:

melisandre, the red priestess, says to arya:

"i see a great darkness in you. and eyes staring back at me. brown eyes, blue eyes, green eyes - Eyes you'll shut forever."

dat foreshadowing

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
My thoughts on what might happen next season:

Spoiler:
Jon Snow is dead...Jon Stark is risen.

Why is Melisandre left alive and at Winterfell? She'll most likely raise Jon from the dead.

Now that Jon Snow is dead, he is released from his vows of the Night's Watch. The Watch itself is as good as gone and will most likely be destroyed - just as the Wall will. The Watch can't defend from an army of White Walkers.

Jon will become the leader of the Free Folk and march down south.

Also, SNOWBOWL. GET HYPE. TWO BASTARDS ENTER, ONE BASTARD LEAVES.

As long as Ser Twentygoodmen isn't around to help Ramsay, and he keeps his shirt on (why else would the Iron Born be afraid of shirtless Ramsay and a couple dogs? It's black magic!), Jon's gonna fuck his shit up.

And that's what I think'll happen next season.

Season 5 is a definite lowpoint of the series now, and I understand why book fans mislike it (big, BIG difference between Dany escaping on Drogo's back and Dany using a slave master's scion to tame it), but it totally set up everything for next season. It's as if all it did was set up a completely badass season 6. At least I hope so. I also really hope the feedback and criticism will remind D&D that they shouldn't aim for the lowest common denominator, because this is Game of Thrones.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
In a split second, you can see their reactions to the wildfire. I screencapped them for your pleasure. The pyromancer's is my favorite, dude is so happy to see his life's work being paid off.

got1.jpg

got2.jpg

got3.jpg

got4.jpg

Bonus Davos reaction...'ffffffu-'
got5.jpg

theMot

Reformed collector of junk
10 Year Member
I make the pyromancer face when i fuck.

bloodycelt

Chin's Bartender
Season 5 is a definite lowpoint of the series now, and I understand why book fans mislike it (big, BIG difference between Dany escaping on Drogo's back and Dany using a slave master's scion to tame it), but it totally set up everything for next season. It's as if all it did was set up a completely badass season 6. At least I hope so. I also really hope the feedback and criticism will remind D&D that they shouldn't aim for the lowest common denominator, because this is Game of Thrones.

Well, Season 5 got really high ratings, so I sort of think they will continue in their direction. My biggest problems were that they sacrificed the medieval realism GRRM was going using to comic book logic to give us a series of emotional scenes, many of them being forced. And I think they will continue to do that because you get higher ratings when people watch it just to see what crazy thing they do next.

Spoiler:

Not sure how this will translate to the show. But The books made it clear Jon Snow is going to be Azor Ahai born again. Thing is, the books did a lot of background on warging (Going into the wolf), and even
had a character that Jon Snow killed warg into his bird before he died. So Jon Snow will warg into Ghost, and something else will inhabit Jon Snow's body when Melisandre performs the R'hllor ritual (Thoros of Myr used on Berric and Cat)
That something else will be Azor Ahai, and like everything else magical I doubt Azor Ahai is going to be a benefit to the Night's Watch.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
The wildling warging into a bird before dying happened in the show as well.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
My brothers, I gots a theory about Benjen, hear me out:

The Night's King from legend was a brother of the Night's Watch who fell in love with a white walker, fucked her and when he gave his seed to her he gave his soul as well. After that he used sorcery to control the Night's Watch and he was only stopped by the combined forces of the King of Winterfell and the King-Beyond-The-Wall. The Night's King name and records were all erased from history. People suspected he may have been a Bolton, an Umber, etc. but Old Nan says it was a Stark, the brother of the King in Winterfell. As we all know, Old Nan is always on point.

Fast forward to this amazing analysis of the prologue from AGOT: https://www.reddit.com/r/asoiaf/comments/3ol77p/spoilers_all_spoilers_all_a_cold_death_in_the/

BOOM, what I think is the Others were looking for a Stark to become the new Night's King. The parallels are too strong - he's a Stark, a brother of the king, and a crow.

Benjen is the new Night's King. Or maybe Jon will be I dunno whatever.

I don't care if the show doesn't go that route because they've got too much shit going on as-is, but I think that's what it'll be in the books.

Taiso

Remembers The North,
20 Year Member
Jon won't turn bad. People that keep saying that are just...well, I don't know.

But I DO like the idea of Benjen being the Night's King. I don't think that's what they'll do with it but I admit it's an interesting idea.

bloodycelt

Chin's Bartender
Jon won't turn bad. People that keep saying that are just...well, I don't know.

But I DO like the idea of Benjen being the Night's King. I don't think that's what they'll do with it but I admit it's an interesting idea.

Spoiler:

I think Benjen is dead, I think it was just a think GRRM tossed out there. If you read his other works, he is the world's biggest troll.
We had DwD that had an entire plot about Quentin going to meet Dany... and he gets roasted.
I think the wall POV's will be mostly from Melisandre, and possible one or two from Ghost (Jon inside Ghost). And the thing that inhabits Jon Snow's corpse will be
Azor Ahai.
There might be some foretelling in the original Dance with Dragons about Dany and Aegon (who I think is a fake).
Sansa will prob. kill Littlefinger in the books. The show will keep him alive, just like Sansa will never actually stop getting raped, or abused in the show.
I don't think any main character is going to survive til the end of the book series, except maybe Bran, as a tree.

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member
I just caught up about a month ago. No way did I believe Snow was really dead. I guess that solidifies my theory. However, I can't remember her name, the witch lady, I thought it was mighty convenient that she arrived right before Snow died. I have a feeling she will be resurrecting his ass pronto. Now i'm not sure what will come of it, whether Snow will be good, or a Walker, but I think we will see some exciting things from him. I would think if he is resurrected in the wall, then he will still be good, and he will be fucking shit up hard-core, starting with his Nights Watch brothers that shanked his ass gang bang style.

Oddly enough, I am really caught up in Arya's story. I find it the most interesting, and I really like the role of Jaqen H'ghar, I think he is an interesting character.

I also like Sam, I think he is going to do some big things, and be around for awhile.

OK, and tell me if I'm crazy, but I really think Ramsay Snow is one of the carriers of that show. He keeps things interesting, and in a way I root for him. Maybe it's my evil side, but when he was eating that sausage a few seasons back after cutting off Theon's twig and berries, he has been one of my favorites.

What happened to Gendry?

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
game-of-thrones.jpg

and some other dude posted this (I'm not copying/pasting the grrm livejournal links to the dates):

GRRM is completely and utterly incapable of predicting his own future writing progress. He has a tendency to always think he's just 'a few months' from completing a project, when in reality the end might be years and years away. Just look at the history of ADWD.

Famously, in 2005 he said ADWD would 'be along next year'.

Then...

June 2006: "Meanwhile ... I am still working on A DANCE WITH DRAGONS, and yes, I still hope to deliver it this fall, or by the end of the year at the latest"

October 2006: "I have half a dozen different projects on my plate, but the big one is A DANCE WITH DRAGONS, and I am going to be pushing hard on that in the weeks and months to come, in hopes of wrapping it up by the end of the year"

December 2007: "I do have some goals for 2008... the most urgent of those remains A DANCE WITH DRAGONS"

March 2008: "If I can deliver the book before the end of June, you'll see these in your favorite bookstore sometime this fall"

Feburary 2009: I am trying to finish the book by June. I think I can do that. If I do, A DANCE WITH DRAGONS will likely be published in September or October."

July 2009: "It is going pretty well actually, I am hoping to finish it by September or October that is my goal."

And so on. ADWD finally came out in July 2011. And even that was when the publisher basically tore the manuscript from his hands (because he would have needed 'another year or so' to write the battle of Meereen).

He never realised the book would be years away. At no point did he say "you know what, ASOIAF fans: ADWD needs a lot of work, so I need everyone to sit tight for a couple of years while I finish it up". Instead, he constantly thought he was just on the verge of finishing, while in reality being years and years from the end. Basically, GRRM has been doing this for >10 years. Time after time, he is completely incorrect about how fast his future writing speed will be.

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Dude is cashed up like crazy now. Realising he probably doesn't have years and years up his sleeve, what're going to do? Please fans by writing the books you're feeling pressured to write, or spend dat cash? I know what I'd do.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
Yeah pretty much. He didn't become household name big until 5 years ago, and he's 70 now. Given his age and obesity I think it's a given his series will outlast him, which is a shame.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Yeah pretty much. He didn't become household name big until 5 years ago, and he's 70 now. Given his age and obesity I think it's a given his series will outlast him, which is a shame.

Typical Chinese robot mentality.

Kiel

All About Shooters Mod., If you fuck with me, I'll
20 Year Member
Dude's gonna die in the next couple of years