Why haven't any of you doll fuckers started a Game of Thrones topic?

Ip Man

BBLLOOOO__HHAARRDDDDDD!!!!,
15 Year Member
thought they were already married, but wish the the best.

Igakajook

Armored Scrum Object
I guess they have accepted they will be dealing with hearing "You know nothing, Jon Snow" everyday, forever, then?

Taiso

Remembers The North,
20 Year Member
Fire and Blood: the history of the Targarians will be released November 20.

Meh. World of Ice and Fire already told us the important parts. Who cares what they were doing before they crossed over to Westeros to escape the Doom of Valyria?

I'm sure it will be an entertaining read but...can we just get the rest of fucking ASOIF already?

I mean...if you're going to do a side story, give us a Strong Belwas story where we learn how he built up such a resilience to toxins or something.

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member
Meh. World of Ice and Fire already told us the important parts. Who cares what they were doing before they crossed over to Westeros to escape the Doom of Valyria?

I'm sure it will be an entertaining read but...can we just get the rest of fucking ASOIF already?

I mean...if you're going to do a side story, give us a Strong Belwas story where we learn how he built up such a resilience to toxins or something.

Martin will die before finishing this series... Sanderson will have to come in and finish it just like Wheel of Time.

Taiso

Remembers The North,
20 Year Member
Martin will die before finishing this series... Sanderson will have to come in and finish it just like Wheel of Time.

The legit buzz is that if Martin dies while watching the Jets and Giants lose football games, Neil Gaiman would be the guy to assume those responsibilities. There are a lot of theories out there that he essentially was a ghost writer for a significant portion of A Dance With Dragons.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
Speaking of Gaiman, funny thing - Gaiman wanted to write a story in Wild Cards (Gurm's other life's work, which, predates ASOIAF) but got turned down because he didn't have enough credentials. He wanted to write a story about a character who lives in dreams.

So if it weren't for Gurm blowing off Gaiman, it's possible we would've never got Sandman as we know it today. Thanks George.

Source: https://io9.gizmodo.com/5949509/nei...n-to-george-rr-martin-but-martin-blew-him-off

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member

Lastblade

Friend me on Facebook!,
20 Year Member
The problem is that the last 2 books aren't all that good. At least that is what I remembered.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
The problem is that the last 2 books aren't all that good. At least that is what I remembered.

They were good but kinda pointless. He got caught up in developing too much of his own world and it felt like we'd barely gotten any closer to the end game.

It's plain to me that once George gave AGOT to HBO and got his nut that was it for him. Let HBO finish it because George has less than ten years now and even if Winds comes out, Spring never will.

As a random thought, just think how many millions the publisher lost by not having Winds come out when AGOT mania was at its peak.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
Here are two interviews, where George tells what he thinks about what Jaime did to Bran.

https://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/game-of-thrones-season-3-characters_n_1854918?guccounter=1 :

"Obviously a lot of people, when Jaime throws Bran out the window, and we like Bran, we've seen his good points, tend to think that makes Jaime a bad guy. But then you understand, if you understand the situation, if Bran goes back and tells what the saw, and is believed, Jaime will be put to death, his sister will be put to death, and there's an excellent chance that his own children will be put to death.
So I said to my friend, what would you do if some other eight year old kid was in a position to say something and you knew that would mean the death of your own young daughter. And he said, that eight year old kid is dead! And this is what we would consider a moral man.
So how do you make that choice? The abstract of the morality vs. the lives of your own children. I mean, I don't know that I'm a prostelitizer who says this is the answer to that, but I have to question the painful, difficult question, the difficulty of the choice, that's what I think makes powerful fiction."

https://www.rollingstone.com/cultur...-r-martin-the-rolling-stone-interview-242487/ :

"At the same time, what Jaime did is interesting. I don’t have any kids myself, but I’ve talked with other people who have. Remember, Jaime isn’t just trying to kill Bran because he’s an annoying little kid. Bran has seen something that is basically a death sentence for Jaime, for Cersei, and their children – their three actual children. So I’ve asked people who do have children, “Well, what would you do in Jaime’s situation?” They say, “Well, I’m not a bad guy – I wouldn’t kill.” Are you sure? Never? If Bran tells King Robert he’s going to kill you and your sister-lover, and your three children. . . .

Then many of them hesitate. Probably more people than not would say, “Yeah, I would kill someone else’s child to save my own child, even if that other child was innocent.” These are the difficult decisions people make, and they’re worth examining."

Lastblade

Friend me on Facebook!,
20 Year Member
They were good but kinda pointless. He got caught up in developing too much of his own world and it felt like we'd barely gotten any closer to the end game.

It's plain to me that once George gave AGOT to HBO and got his nut that was it for him. Let HBO finish it because George has less than ten years now and even if Winds comes out, Spring never will.

As a random thought, just think how many millions the publisher lost by not having Winds come out when AGOT mania was at its peak.

AFfC is horrible, I will never be able to read that. Maybe I will read the hacked version that combines AFfC & ADwD. But you are right, he definitely expanded the story too much and can't tie up the loose ends.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
Re-watched the series over a month. Just some random thoughts:

-Meryn Trant was in a LOT of scenes that I didn't notice before. I only remembered him from fighting Syrio, smacking Sansa, and then in Braavos when he was a pedo. But he was in a ton of scenes really.

-still lmbo-worthy how Arya's training consists solely of her getting beat the shit out of, and then when she finally kills the waif now she's a badass with a power level on par with Brienne

-Battle of the Bastards saves season 6

-thank the maker for Melisandre nude scenes

-Alfie Allen is a fantastic actor

-the Sand Snake actress who showed her tits to Bronn was 18 in real life

-it really is a shame how Ghost is practically non-existent. Ghost is with Sam more than Jon.

Season 8 set to premiere in a week. It's been two years since the last season, hopefully they put that extra time into not making the same mistakes that ruined season 7.

Last edited:

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Re-watched the series over a month. Just some random thoughts:

-Meryn Trant was in a LOT of scenes that I didn't notice before. I only remembered him from fighting Syrio, smacking Sansa, and then in Braavos when he was a pedo. But he was in a ton of scenes really.

-still lmbo-worthy how Arya's training consists solely of her getting beat the shit out of, and then when she finally kills the waif now she's a badass with a power level on par with Brienne

-Battle of the Bastards saves season 6

-thank the maker for Melisandre nude scenes

-Alfie Allen is a fantastic actor

-the Sand Snake actress who showed her tits to Bronn was 18 in real life

-it really is a shame how Ghost is practically non-existent. Ghost is with Sam more than Jon.

Season 8 set to premiere in a week. It's been two years since the last season, hopefully they put that extra time into not making the same mistakes that ruined season 7.

Other thoughts: did we ever get an official explanation for the pattern the bodies were in from the first episode?

Hodor has the biggest penis shown on the show.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
DUDE, that thought crossed my mind as well. How about explaining the horse heads Mance saw, "ever the artists."

How about Quaithe? I called Benjen's return but I guess she's out. Melisandre said she would see Arya again after she bought Gendry from the brotherhood, so will they meet next season?

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member
I have no idea how this show is going to be wrapped up in only a few more episodes. I feel like the show went at a pretty slow pace the first few seasons, and has been moving faster every season. So many things are unexplained, and I imagine they are going to stay that way.

Here are my 2 guesses on how it is going to end.

1. Everyone bands together, except probably Cercei, and defeat the White Walkers.

2. Everyone bands together, and lose to the white walkers.

At this point I see no other options. I think it would be impossible to wrap up a white walker war, and the human war in a half season.

It is a half season right? Five 1 hour episodes, and 1 two hour episode?

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
DUDE, that thought crossed my mind as well. How about explaining the horse heads Mance saw, "ever the artists."

How about Quaithe? I called Benjen's return but I guess she's out. Melisandre said she would see Arya again after she bought Gendry from the brotherhood, so will they meet next season?

“Ever the artists,” and the best explanation for the spiral horses was that it looked like the pattern around the weirwood tree, but at the same time, nothing official, nothing confirmed, and it’s been 4 years since the white walkers have been working on art.

Quaithe is tied down in Strong Belwas’s slave harem.

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
...aaand we're off.

I'll say this, for there only being 6 episodes this season, last night sure was a waste of time. Felt like any old GoT filler episode with a whole bunch of nuthin' going on.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
...aaand we're off.

I'll say this, for there only being 6 episodes this season, last night sure was a waste of time. Felt like any old GoT filler episode with a whole bunch of nuthin' going on.

This was the reaction of a lot of Reddit, that there was too much hugging and "been a minute..." moments. Was really disappointed that the episode was 50 minutes long.

Thoughts:
"Ever the artist" the walkers strike again, leaving a symbol on purpose, I guess. Is it a reference to the Weirwoods? The child in the center of the spiral with 7 points? Is this maybe a reference to the 7 gods, sealing the night king in that body? TBD.

"Waiting for an old friend." Interesting to see if Bran was waiting for Jaime, or if the old friend was Sam. Jaime might have to be Bran's legs, which would be fitting.

Jon spending the first half trying to shirk his position as King o' da Norf; spending the second half trying to argue out of being King of the Seven Kingdoms.

Sam for the Iron Throne: This episode went out of its way to remind us that he's now the lord of House Tarly; he has a valyrian steel sword; he has killed a white walker, cured the greyscale, and represents the union of westerosi and wildling that will happen if the living survive. When Tywin asks Cersei and Tommen what makes a great king, Tommon guesses faith, justness, strength, to which Tywin counters with examples of weak and unlucky kings, including Robert Baratheon; but Tywin congratulates Tommen for correctly answering "wisdom." Sam has shown more wisdom than Jon, who has been challenged by Sansa and Sam for bending the knee out of love and not duty. Sam is the king.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Sam for the Iron Throne: This episode went out of its way to remind us that he's now the lord of House Tarly; he has a valyrian steel sword; he has killed a white walker, cured the greyscale, and represents the union of westerosi and wildling that will happen if the living survive.

Plus it always helps to be a surrogate for the author.

Lastblade

Friend me on Facebook!,
20 Year Member
I like the first episode, a lot of setups and reunions that will pay off later. I am thinking Dany/Jon will get their ass handed to them by White Walkers and then by Cersei's Golden Company. They will have to retreat to Iron Islands and maybe Euron will switch sides because he already got what he wanted and will want another queen. Arya will finally scratch Cersei off the list as Jamie (after he bite the big one) and disappeared into the sunset. Jon will get Dany preggo and then sacrifice himself by suicide mission to kill the night king.

Lets Gekiga In

Neon Night Rider
20 Year Member
Are the remaining 5 episodes going to be only 50 odd minutes long? Seems like there is still a lot to finish up, I would imagine a few of those episodes span 1 hour 30 minutes+.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Are the remaining 5 episodes going to be only 50 odd minutes long? Seems like there is still a lot to finish up, I would imagine a few of those episodes span 1 hour 30 minutes+.

next episode will have Jon Snow's reunion with the Nights King and after a big hug some light humor dialogue about the last time they met.

At this rate, the series will end like Farscape did.