Why haven't any of you doll fuckers started a Game of Thrones topic?

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Link me to the reddit nerds that have proved it’s fake.

MV5BZjkyYjE4MjMtZWUwZC00OTQ3LTlkYjItN2NkOTQ5MGViZGZiXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMjQwMDg0Ng@@._V1_.jpg

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
Chekov's crypts basically. What was it, like seven different references to how the crypts will be safe?

Taiso

Remembers The North,
20 Year Member
Ghost’s big debut being in the background as Dolorous Ed, Sam and Jon are wistfully speaking on the palisades at Winterfell was hysterically stupid. The showrunners treated him like he was just one of the boys, hanging out with his broskis. While I understand the intent of the scene was to recall simpler times, this is not the moment for it. This was a meme-worthy stumble, the kind of thing I hope one day we start seeing in peoples’s vacation and graduation photos online.

Ghost’s big debut this season should have been in the crypt, when Jon told Dany who he really is. Dany denies it and starts to argue with him and that’s when Ghost should emerge from the shadows, feeling as though Jon’s place in the world is threatened by Dany’s behavior. It ramps up the tension, Dany feels threatened in every way possible and there is much better anxiety. It simultaneously makes her position more precarious, their relationship almost impossible and it re-establishes the core theme of the Dire Wolves relative to the Stark family. Jon could call off Ghost after that to defuse the immediate fears, but this moment would have reaffirmed the mystique Jon always has in the books and which he should have always had in the TV show once he realized that Jeor was gearing him to lead the Night’s Watch and when Jon ran with the free folk beyond the wall for a while.

I could go on and on about how this show has fumbled the ball on Jon and Ghost but fuck it. It’s almost over now. At least we’ll get to see Arya use her spear gun (which I’m almost certain it is) to kill her some White Walkers because that’s important to her growth as a character…

Speaking of Arya, her fucking Gendry was fucking stupid. This felt like a fanfic tier nod to the shippers. You never bend the knee to the shippers. They are the worst, most embarrassing and most toxic percentage of any fan community and their painfully silly demands should never be met if it was never part of the plan. This just felt all wrong, and if Gendry was even remotely organically written in this show and not just a macguffin to make thigs happen, he would have told her not to fuck him out of desperation and fear for her mortality. He would have told her to save it for a time when she could fully enjoy her womanhood. Jesus Christ, some of the writing on this show is bad.

I don’t care at all about anything happening at King’s Landing. Every time they show Cersei, I go take a piss. Her only purpose in this story is to die now. There is no other function for her left to fulfill Her refusal to help with the White Walkers will probably end up with a lot of people getting killed and they’ll all want her dead. It’s most likely going to be Arya (ugh) or Jaimie (better), and if they go full Valonqar Prophecy, she’ll die before she can give birth to her baby.

Since it’s almost certain that some of the characters will go to King’s Landing to kill Cersei, we’re also likely to see the completely worthless, unimportant and insipid ‘Clegganebowl’ that people are demanding. These two characters aren’t even remotely the same people they used to be. The Mountain isn’t even a person at all anymore. He’s just a big zombie devoid of any humanity whatsoever. And the Hound should be past all the bullshit of his past life; in a literary sense, being left for dead and finding a new purpose was the culmination of his hero’s journey. What mattered then doesn’t matter now. Stupid.

The thing no one’s talking about that is certain to factor into the ending is the Onion Knight’s bombshell of a suggestion that Jon and Dany marry. For certain, this will happen. But whether or not they both survive to the end of things isn’t something I can predict. I can see either of them dying or both surviving, but not both dying. Martin said that the ending would be ‘bittersweet’ and even though Weiss and Benioff are only working from the barest of outlines at this point, I have a feeling they’ll stick to that idea. I’m betting that Jon lives and Dany dies. I certainly don’t see Dany achieving the Iron Throne by herself. She’s nothing more than a conventional tyrant, no better than any of the others and this was examined and punctuated in Sam’s conversation with Jon in S08E01, which I suspect is a more important conversation than most even realize. Jon learning that he’s a Targaryen is important, but not as important to the growth of the character that acknowledging that he may have fallen in love with someone that isn’t all that exceptional as warlords go.

The Iron Throne isn’t likely to survive, in any event. It’s caused nothing but war and strife and suffering. If the ‘Great War’ is the war to end all wars, then the thing that causes people to engage in far more petty battles should be melted down or dismantled, and I totally see Jon doing this as his first, and probably last, act as king. It’s made out of friggin’ swords, for chrissake. That’s a dead giveaway that it shouldn’t exist and has brought nothing but ruin. Somebody getting the throne and being ‘a good king’ is certainly false hope. And if Jon gets the throne, which he should and which I believe he will, it won’t be because he’s entitled to it, as everyone else has been acting. It’ll be because he deserves it more than anyone else.

The scene with Jaimie and Brienne in S08E02 was the only good scene in the episode. It represented an organic and satisfying culmination to their shared arc and didn’t have any disgusting nods to the shippers. For Brienne, being knighted is complete vindication in her pursuit of a chivalric ideal and a knight’s excellence. For Jaimie, it’s a redemption; the fact that people take his gesture seriously shows that they see in him a knight capable of making wise and just decisions, not merely a backstabbing sister-fucker. They both come full circle in that scene and it just felt right and honest.

Anyway, I have a hunch we will see more fighting at the Vale, something at Dragonstone and, of course, at King’s Landing before it’s all said and done. The White Walkers will probably win the battle at Winterfell and Bran will be forced to flee, taking refuge someplace where it’s hard to get at him. The Aerie seems like a great place to do that and it would be very difficult for even an army of wights to get to, given the narrow paths that lead up to the top.

We shall see.

Also, while I feel this show has, in aggregate, been worthy, it has a lot of peaks and valleys. It is also still in the shadow of the books, which are much better. GoT isn’t a turd by any stretch, is well produced and well acted. Sometimes the writing is just hideous.

Spartacus, on the other hand, is nearly perfect as a TV show. As well as Black Sails.

EDIT: Jorah getting Heartsbane from Sam feels entirely like plot convenience from start to finish. However, it teases the possibility that Jorah might fulfill the prophecy of Azor Ahai. The sword's name could very well be giving us that hint, even though it's more on the nose than I would ever commit to. I am curious to see how Jorah fares with Heartsbane in the coming battles and I really like Iain Glenn as an actor. He lends an air of wounded dignity to every line he utters and he is one of the most charismatic actors on the entire show. I can't say I like how 'by the numbers' his acquisition of Heartsbane came together, but I will table my final judgment on that pending the character's direction from here. I still believe Jon is Azor Ahai but if he isn't, it's a development i can live with.

Last edited:

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
There is no other function for her left to fulfill Her refusal to help with the White Walkers

Spoiler:
You think someone who has thirsted for power their whole life, when confronted by a godlike being thousands of years old who has a dragon, will deny them?

I think while the AOTD is attacking Winterfell, the NK is riding his dragon to KL. And Cersei will realize she can't beat him and decide to join him and be his White Walker Queen.

I know it seems like I'm running wild with ideas now but if I'm right about that one, which would be a huge OH SHIT moment especially at the end of an episode, wasabi can take me out for a steak dinner.

Taiso

Remembers The North,
20 Year Member
Spoiler:
You think someone who has thirsted for power their whole life, when confronted by a godlike being thousands of years old who has a dragon, will deny them?

I think while the AOTD is attacking Winterfell, the NK is riding his dragon to KL. And Cersei will realize she can't beat him and decide to join him and be his White Walker Queen.

I know it seems like I'm running wild with ideas now but if I'm right about that one, which would be a huge OH SHIT moment especially at the end of an episode, wasabi can take me out for a steak dinner.

I see absolutely no reason for the Night's King to attack King's Landing before rolling Winterfell. I suppose it's possible that the writers will shit the bed with just such a scenario. Wouldn't be the first time. But it would be really, really dumb in my opinion, just a way to force Cersei into things.

I rather like the idea of her sitting in King's Landing waiting to pick the bones clean and being thrilled to hear that the two armies have all but wiped one another out. Then she gets choked out by a Jaimie golden hand.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
I think show Jaime is gonna need a really, REALLY good reason to kill the love of his life. And that would just about do the trick.

Plus it would be such a show thing to do.

Last edited:

Taiso

Remembers The North,
20 Year Member
I think show Jaime is gonna need a really, REALLY good reason to kill the love of his life. And that would just about do the trick.

He might see it as his responsibility to do it, given that he was a major part in her turning into the person she became. Maybe he doesn't have to hate her to kill her Maybe he just sees it as something he has to do. Maybe he does it for mercy, so she isn't publicly executed. Maybe he doesn't want her to suffer.

There are a lot of reasons show Jaimie would do the deed. It doesn't need to be motivated by anger or vengeance.

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member

Still having nightmares? Granted, true crime is horrific and Radelaide is a gnarly place, especially places like Elizabeth.

My best mate went to school with that actor.

Now where’s that reddit link?

HDRchampion

Before you sell me something, ask how well my baby
10 Year Member

Jamie will go to king landing choke the shit out of Cersei due to Bronn attempt to assassinate them both. Maybe Tyrion dies or maybe Bronn dies by someone and they see the Lannister bow.

Taiso

Remembers The North,
20 Year Member
Jamie will go to king landing choke the shit out of Cersei due to Bronn attempt to assassinate them both. Maybe Tyrion dies or maybe Bronn dies by someone and they see the Lannister bow.

Tyrion dying at Bron's hands via Lannister crossbow would definitely force Jaimie's gold pimp hand around Cersei's throat.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
One thing no one mentioned is whenever Dr. Branhattan says something like, "I'm not Bran anymore", every character never follows up with a "Dude wtf do you mean". They all just give him a weird look and let him wheel himself around Winterfell to creep unsuspecting passerbys. Tyrion was the first to actually ask Bran to tell him what happened. It was the best show of Tyrion's inquisitive nature in a long time. I wonder what they talked about at the weirwood tree and if it will come into play later.

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
The Iron Throne isn’t likely to survive, in any event. It’s caused nothing but war and strife and suffering. If the ‘Great War’ is the war to end all wars, then the thing that causes people to engage in far more petty battles should be melted down or dismantled, and I totally see Jon doing this as his first, and probably last, act as king. It’s made out of friggin’ swords, for chrissake. That’s a dead giveaway that it shouldn’t exist and has brought nothing but ruin. Somebody getting the throne and being ‘a good king’ is certainly false hope. And if Jon gets the throne, which he should and which I believe he will, it won’t be because he’s entitled to it, as everyone else has been acting. It’ll be because he deserves it more than anyone else.

This is most likely the sad truth. It's going to end with feel good elections and women's rights, or it's just going to get blown up.

My prediction for this episode 3:
Spoiler:
Crypts gonna come alive.
Jon snow is gonna get his ass surrounded, and she's gonna send a dragon to nuke everything. He's going to be unscathed and revealed as a true targaryen...

Taiso

Remembers The North,
20 Year Member
The only thing working against your theory is that:

Spoiler:
Jon Snow has already suffered burns and it would feel pretty clumsy for them to suddenly introduce this trait in him this late in the story. Also, he's only half Targaryen so this could explain the reason he was burned protecting Jeor from the wight in S01.

Still, your idea isn't bad theorycrafting at all.

HDRchampion

10 Year Member
Probably the reason why Jon got burned is because there were no dragons yet or wasn't near one...When Danny hatched the dragons magic came back into the world.

Probably reason why Night King been waiting for so long, he needed a dragon to break the wall so he can march south.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Probably reason why Night King been waiting for so long, he needed a dragon to break the wall so he can march south.

He could have gotten ready a little sooner then. Maybe brought his army of the dead to the wall in Season 1? No need to procrastinate.

Lastblade

Friend me on Facebook!,
20 Year Member
One thing no one mentioned is whenever Dr. Branhattan says something like, "I'm not Bran anymore", every character never follows up with a "Dude wtf do you mean". They all just give him a weird look and let him wheel himself around Winterfell to creep unsuspecting passerbys. Tyrion was the first to actually ask Bran to tell him what happened. It was the best show of Tyrion's inquisitive nature in a long time. I wonder what they talked about at the weirwood tree and if it will come into play later.

I could have sworn Jaime said what?

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
The only thing working against your theory is that:

Spoiler:
Jon Snow has already suffered burns and it would feel pretty clumsy for them to suddenly introduce this trait in him this late in the story. Also, he's only half Targaryen so this could explain the reason he was burned protecting Jeor from the wight in S01.

Still, your idea isn't bad theorycrafting at all.

That's the half of Jon that died before the lord of light brought him back. On the other hand, the night king could also recruit him as he's half dead.

HDRchampion

10 Year Member
He could have gotten ready a little sooner then. Maybe brought his army of the dead to the wall in Season 1? No need to procrastinate.

Probably slowly building their undead army. He needed Bran to also fuck up so he can mark him. Still needed to break the spell of the wall to bring the undead across the wall.

Im guessing Bran now know this, so he is using himself as bait to try to lure the Night King so he can kill him. Just two mofos who has greensight playing chess.

Taiso

Remembers The North,
20 Year Member
That's the half of Jon that died before the lord of light brought him back.

Source? Or are you still theorycrafting?

If this is substantiated in the story, I'd love to read about it as this detail has somehow escaped me.

On the other hand, the night king could also recruit him as he's half dead.

While I wouldn't put it past the show's often shitty mishandling of ASOIF to do this, this is a dubious notion to take seriously at best.

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member
All Right...

Let's place some bets and see who can get the highest number of correct answers.

Who will survive, and who will die, at The Battle of Winterfell?

1. Gendry
2. Jorah
3. Theon
4. Brienne
5. Lyanna Mormont
6. Edd
7. Grey Worm
8. Missandei
9. Dany
10. Jon
11. Tyrion
12. Sansa
13. Bran
14. Arya
15. Jamie
16. Davos
17. Gilly
18. Sam
19. Tormund
20. Podrick
21. Beric
22. Varys
23. Sandor
24. Ghost
25. That Bad Ass little girl defending the crypts

Im gonna go through after work. Just wanna say Jorah signed his own death warrant when he acknowledged Tyrion as worthy hand to Dany. His ass is mincemeat.

Also, Jamie will murder Cersei

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
1. Gendry DOA
2. Jorah DOA
3. Theon DOA
4. Brienne 50% DOA
5. Lyanna Mormont
6. Edd DOA
7. Grey Worm
8. Missandei
9. Dany
10. Jon DOA
11. Tyrion
12. Sansa
13. Bran DOA
14. Arya
15. Jamie
16. Davos DOA
17. Gilly
18. Sam 50% DOA
19. Tormund 50% DOA
20. Podrick DOA
21. Beric DOA
22. Varys 50% DOA
23. Sandor DOA
24. Ghost
25. That Bad Ass little girl defending the crypts

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
1. Gendry - dead
2. Jorah - dead
3. Theon - dead
4. Brienne - dead
5. Lyanna Mormont - dead
6. Edd - dead
7. Grey Worm - dead
8. Missandei -dead
9. Dany - undead
10. Jon
11. Tyrion - dead
12. Sansa
13. Bran - dead, but wargs back in time, explains the situation to the children of the forest, who tie his host body to a tree and impale it with dragon glass to protect the memory of the world, while his body is destroyed in the present
14. Arya - dead
15. Jamie - dies after unlocking "night kingslayer" achievement
16. Davos - dead
17. Gilly
18. Sam
19. Tormund - dead
20. Podrick - dead
21. Beric - dead
22. Varys - dead
23. Sandor - dead
24. Ghost
25. Ugly girl - dies, horribly