Why haven't any of you doll fuckers started a Game of Thrones topic?

Lastblade

Friend me on Facebook!,
20 Year Member
As much as I don't like this season, spoiling it for others is a pretty shitty thing to do.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
As much as I don't like this season, spoiling it for others is a pretty shitty thing to do.

I agree. But even with the spoilers, episode 5 was still tense and entertaining. I don’t care about the continuity/logical errors of dragon fire making rocks explode, neglect of valonqar prophecy, clegane bowl. It was still entertaining.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Ending was unsatisfying.

Leaks don’t really matter. Some of us had read the books and had a good idea how things would unfold for seasons 1-5.

The problem with the finale was really how slow it was. Slow and unsatisfying. :rolleyes: the ASOIAF book scene with Samwell was a colossal sadfap. Best scene was Brienne writing Jaime’s entry.

At least episodes 3 and 5 were great.

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
Ending was unsatisfying.

Leaks don’t really matter. Some of us had read the books and had a good idea how things would unfold for seasons 1-5.

The problem with the finale was really how slow it was. Slow and unsatisfying. :rolleyes: the ASOIAF book scene with Samwell was a colossal sadfap. Best scene was Brienne writing Jaime’s entry.

At least episodes 3 and 5 were great.

I thought the whole season was shit, but otherwise mostly agree with the first part of your post. The finale was indeed entirely unsatisfying and very slow. I know logic was thrown out the window with the show a couple/three seasons ago, but I mean. Why is Jon sent to the wall?

"Because he killed/betrayed the queen."

OK, but then why is Tyrion given a high ranking position? He practically did the same thing. Furthermore, the whole reason for the wall/Night's Watch was to keep watch on the White Walkers and the Wildlings. Both of those problems are now null and void. Wildlings are part of 'the people' now, and the White Walkers are dead. So why is there a wall? Why is there a Nights Watch? Just makes no sense.

EDIT: Also, since Daenerys is no longer around, homeboy *could* just say "Oh yeah, Im a Targy, so... I guess I'm gonna be my own king up in the North." WTF were the writers smoking.

Ah well. Give it 10 years or so and it'll be remade, or maybe Martin will get off his ass and finish the first chapter of the 6th book.

Last edited:

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
EDIT: Also, since Daenerys is no longer around, homeboy *could* just say "Oh yeah, Im a Targy, so... I guess I'm gonna be my own king up in the North." WTF were the writers smoking.

They were smoking garbage. Had they been smoking some good shit, they wouldn't have fucked up this season the way they did.

Snow go's from being a hero to zero real quick. Destroyed his character completely. I would much rather have seen him die fighting over being banished to some forest up north.

Taiso

Remembers The North,
20 Year Member
Jon's ending was not only established in the very first season when he met Maester Aemon on the Wall, it was the right ending for his character. Both in the books and in the TV series. Any other ending would have just felt wrong.

Overall, I liked about half of this episode. The other half of this episode felt like a combination of fan service and stuff that made sense in D&D's head but that they couldn't get onto the screen.

I'm not bitter about how it all ended. It needed more time to feel 'right' but overall...it was okay.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
I thought the whole season was shit, but otherwise mostly agree with the first part of your post. The finale was indeed entirely unsatisfying and very slow. I know logic was thrown out the window with the show a couple/three seasons ago, but I mean. Why is Jon sent to the wall?

"Because he killed/betrayed the queen."

OK, but then why is Tyrion given a high ranking position? He practically did the same thing. Furthermore, the whole reason for the wall/Night's Watch was to keep watch on the White Walkers and the Wildlings. Both of those problems are now null and void. Wildlings are part of 'the people' now, and the White Walkers are dead. So why is there a wall? Why is there a Nights Watch? Just makes no sense.

Ah well. Give it 10 years or so and it'll be remade, or maybe Martin will get off his ass and finish the first chapter of the 6th book.

By the time GoT begins, the point of the Nights Watch was just to manage the wildlings. Most people didn’t believe in the walkers anymore. And yeah, Jon should have impaled Greyworm on his own spear.

War crimes, but no justice.

A sadfap of an episode :thevt::thevt::forw::downf:

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
Honestly the only person who I felt kinda belonged where he ended up was Sam Tarley. Dude wanted to be a Maester since he was little, so there he is. He actually fit there well lol.

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
I was hoping Jon would mount Drogon and BBQ the savages, or at least escape, but the real ending worked quite well I thought.

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
several people have pointed out that you could completely remove Bran from this season, and it wouldn't change anything to the plot. It would improve the season without him.
Hell Bronn had more of an impact that Bran.

i stand by this statement. Bran is still a useless character.

HDRchampion

Before you sell me something, ask how well my baby
10 Year Member
Thanks asshole!

BNz pls.

I mean if the spoiler alert should have ever been used.....

wow that asshole actually spoiled the ending, what a fucking cunt.

Thats beyond shitty dude.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
Absolutely a dick fucking move to post spoilers BEFORE the episode aired without spoiler tags. At the same time, it was my own fault clicking this thread even if the episode hadn't aired. I guess I thought you guys would post more predictions but I should have known better.

titchgamer

Guerilla Warrior
I felt the ending worked well with everything making sense with the exception of John Snows ending.

Bran becoming king made sense, and was a strong possibility once he had become the raven. Him naming Tyrion hand made perfect sense when you consider he showed remorse and accepted he had fucked up previous, Who better to do it than someone who has experience and knows what went wrong in the past.
Arya yeah well would of liked to of seen a bit more there really, And Sansa well that was obvious to everyone.

But banishing John yeah I dont get that, Sure it would of caused a war if they released him and caused war if they killed him but it makes no sense to banish him back up north to a place he called home for years.

Makes me wonder if they are going to do some kind of spin off to tie up John and Arya's stories as they seem to of been left open for future explanation.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
wow that asshole actually spoiled the ending, what a fucking cunt.

Thats beyond shitty dude.

We had the entire blue print for the best seasons, 1-5. A lot of us read the books and no one complained about people leaking that Robb would die at the red wedding. So spoilers don’t matter.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Honestly the only person who I felt kinda belonged where he ended up was Sam Tarley. Dude wanted to be a Maester since he was little, so there he is. He actually fit there well lol.

Sam is the real king. He killed the wight, killed a thenn, stole three books from the citadel, cured greyscale, and invented democracy.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
Bran becoming king made sense

"I don't really want, not anymore."

Sly dog played the long con, act like you don't care and let the humans kill each other and the white walkers and who is left to rule aside from a guy with a bitchin wheelchair

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
I felt the ending worked well with everything making sense with the exception of John Snows ending.

Bran becoming king made sense, and was a strong possibility once he had become the raven. Him naming Tyrion hand made perfect sense when you consider he showed remorse and accepted he had fucked up previous, Who better to do it than someone who has experience and knows what went wrong in the past.
Arya yeah well would of liked to of seen a bit more there really, And Sansa well that was obvious to everyone.

But banishing John yeah I dont get that, Sure it would of caused a war if they released him and caused war if they killed him but it makes no sense to banish him back up north to a place he called home for years.

Makes me wonder if they are going to do some kind of spin off to tie up John and Arya's stories as they seem to of been left open for future explanation.

I could see them doing some spin off and calling it something else. Too many things left open. Not convinced Daenerys is done either. Not sure if the Dragon could revive her or take her to someone or something that could revive her. Snow was able to come back from the dead, why not her?

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
I always figured that there would be a good chance of it ending with Jon Snow going to lead the nightwatch.

So why is there a wall? Why is there a Nights Watch? Just makes no sense..

Because they have a saying in the north. "Winter is Coming".

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
I could see them doing some spin off and calling it something else. Too many things left open. Not convinced Daenerys is done either. Not sure if the Dragon could revive her or take her to someone or something that could revive her. Snow was able to come back from the dead, why not her?

because the lord of light has no plans for Denaerys now.

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
The good

-Tyrion's explanation of Dany's perceived insanity. The "everyone will believe their own shit if everyone else confirms it long enough" stance was good.

-John's decision to kill Dany. We watched her decent to the point where she could justify homicide. The dialog between her and John in the throne room was actually pretty solid. You could see the second that her words forced John's hand.

-Tyrion as hand. I think this worked well.

-Sansa as queen of the north.

-Bran as the king. He seemed to know this was all going to happen, the smug on his face was interesting. I don't mind his being on the throne.

-John fulfilling his destiny. Every time someone is brought back form the dead...they seem to have one purpose and that's it for them, they're done. John wasn't brought back to stop the Night King or stop Cersei, he was brought back to stop Dany from raining fire on the innocent all over the entire planet. He did that, his role was done.

-Breanne of Tarth writing in Jamie's timeline. I liked this part, actually. In the end, Jamie did accomplish quite a lot and did die defending his queen.

-Sam the Maester. I liked his character, it liked his ending.

The bad

-Arya's stupid final Odyssey. Dumb.

-John's returning to the wall. Not 100% what else they would have done but I'm not sure what use the Night's Watch would have moving forward. I guess the writers had to put him somewhere.

-Bronn as a lord and master of coin...dumb, dumb, dumb. Completely out of character...he wouldn't give a good shit about anything other than living in a castle, drinking, and fucking.

-Grey Worm turning into a homicidal manaic...I don't know, they turned him into a super dick. I know he was a killing machine, but it seemed like the personality he had developed disappeared.

The ugly

-Drogon melting the iron throne...not sure why this was necessary. He was pissed his master was dead, sure, but I'm gathering he wouldn't be smart enough to know what the iron throne was, let alone take out his rage on it.

-Tyrion finding Jamie and Cersei...in Ep 5, they make it seem like the entire basement collapsed. By the time Tyrion got down there, it was barely a pile of bricks...it was as if the two could have simply walked over 10' and dodged the cave in. I understand it was necessary that they show the two dead to stomp out "they could have survived" claims...but it was done horribly.

-Anyone taking residence in King's Landing. Why? The town was burnt to a crisp, the castle was in ruins...what was the point? At the end, they made it look like the castle was livable again...and there would be no way that was possible.

That's all I have for now...

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
I'd hate to be the next king and have a wheel chair for a throne.

Best iconographic "cinematography" was the shot with the queen in the doorway and the dragon flapping his wings in the background. That was a real nice look.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
In regards to Grey Worm turning into a homicidal maniac. The guy did see his wifey get her head chopped off in front of him. I think that could drive a man to go ape shit on everyone.

I also don't know why everyone seems to assume that the Dragons are dumb creatures and have zero understanding of what's going on. Even they understand that all the death and carnage was over who would end up sitting on that iron throne.

That being said, I didnt like this season. It was rushed but did have some cool battles.