Why haven't any of you doll fuckers started a Game of Thrones topic?

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member
Find a new favorite. Ramsay will not survive this season.

EDIT: This is why they chose to bring in Euron now. Because just like when Joffrey died, they had to replace him with an even bigger dick to have that character everyone loves to hate to keep that type of tension going.

Euron will likely outdo Ramsay and Joffrey and carry that torch until the end of the series. They brought him in now because Ramsay's story has run its course.

I could see this happening unfortunately.

Taiso

Remembers The North,
20 Year Member
How do you know it will be Euron? In the books the only dick thing he did was rape Victarion's wife... he was never portrayed as a sadist, just the kind of guy who goes after what he wants.

It'll be Euron. Why else introduce the character this late in the TV show, when there are only two seasons left? Who else is there to hate? Cersei? She's been there the whole time. The luster's worn off and this story is working on a formula of 'asshole character that does shitty things' so that you actually have someone to hate.

Now, are you sure that Jon Snow was resurrected, or that something else has decided to take a ride in his body?

It's Jon. He may have an altered perspective and may be changed as a result of dying, but it's not something else in his body. It'll be like Barric, where coming back has resulted in the loss of something.

If you've read the books, the books foreshadow a fuck-ton that if Jon Snow is resurrected in Book 6, it won't be Jon Snow walking around, but something else...

I don't remember any of this foreshadowing and I've read the books. Care to cite some passages? Is there a website that cites specific passages in the books? I'm not doubting you here, I just don't recall any of this.

And it seems like it would be the nature of the show to have a scene where not-jon-snow rapes sansa.

No.

Last edited:

Taiso

Remembers The North,
20 Year Member
Bloody celt is projecting his inner fantasies. Ignore.

Yeah.

WTF 'not-Jon raping Sansa.'

As if they'd go back to reducing the characters' growth when the show only has two more seasons left, not even full seasons by most accounts.

And just...well, anyway, I'm willing to hear whatever officially published material he wants to cite. But I'm not reading any stupid fucking fan theories.

Because my fan theories are already better, and probably more accurate, than any of them, given how the story has gone to this point. I'm good with it, pending official materials contradicting any of that.

ballzdeepx

Rugal's Secretary
20 Year Member
Season is good so far but I am beyond tired of the Daenerys arc, I know why they need to keep it subsided but it's so fucking bad.

Taiso

Remembers The North,
20 Year Member
It's all about the North now.

Nothing else really matters on the show at this point.

ballzdeepx

Rugal's Secretary
20 Year Member
Agreed, the pawns will all try and capture what they think is obtainable but the walkers are due. I will say the Spider and Tyrion possibilities are great, and no doubt the unleashed mountain will be epic to see.

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
I'm really glad they decided to get the whole "will Jon Snow come back" thing out of the way early in the season instead of dragging out to the end on a cliff hanger a la The Walking Dead.

I'm pretty intrigued to find out what happens in Dorne now that Dr. Bashir and his son got skewered.

Taiso

Remembers The North,
20 Year Member
I hope you managed to dvr past the obligatory Tirion Varys midget eunuch joke moment.

I feel like they're struggling to give Tyrion meaningful things to do on this show now. He's not in his element anymore. They've tried to insert him into the political intrigues again but making him the stranger in a strange land has disconnected him from the best things about the character-his familiarity with Westerosi politics and his relationship with his family.

So now they have him releasing dragons from captivity.

Honestly, I don't see the point of Tyrion anymore. He's the funny guy that drinks and talks about his junk. He's entertaining and Dinklage is good but...what does it matter? The story is just beyond Tyrion's capacity to influence it in any truly meaningful way. I like how the book handled him more post Storm. His journey was more of a personal one at that point, and I was interested in the character.

Here, they're just trying to transplant him to another political morass and it just isn't working.

Lastblade

Friend me on Facebook!,
20 Year Member
Tyrion has to be one of the 3 dragon riders, otherwise he makes no sense. Dany is a terrible ruler and no political genius can help her stupidity.

theMot

Reformed collector of junk
10 Year Member
When is Jorah the explorer going to turn into a fucken rock?

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member
So who do you all think is actually going to claim the prize? Right now it seems like Jon Snow, or someone from the original stark family. Maybe one of the girls. Or possibly Tyrion. Jon or the Stark girls seem too obvious though for Martin's writing style. But I think we can easily write off all of the Lannisters, Ramsey, and Euron. Right now I'm thinking possibly John Snow will take it, or he will be a major part, and give it to Sansa.

Also, where are Bran and Arya heading? They both seems to be about to have big things happening, that will most likely tie into winning the war against the white walkers. They both seem to have/be developing powers that will help win the white walker war. I think the dragons will also have a big part in winning the war against the white walkers, if they win.

Right now I would say the drama on the wall, and Arya are the only thing keeping me interested. I really want to see where these things go.

There's also the possibility, that the white walker war is lost, and no one claims the throne.

Last edited:

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
George said the ending will be bittersweet. Take that for what you will.

HDRchampion

Before you sell me something, ask how well my baby
10 Year Member
I miss the Hound, is he really dead. I hated the Mountain before but man he seem much cooler now.

Yeah i also not feeling Tyrion story anymore. Last season he seem so wasted, along with Varys character. Also, whatever happen to Little Finger.

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
I honestly feel like both episodes were rushed. Not in content, both were jam-packed, but the pacing in which each scene with each house or central character were delivered. They just cut to the next as though they needed to cover off on a particular part of the story without any real respect. It's not as though the story is starved for content, they could drag this out a whole lot more. Are HBO just keen to get this finished with already, perhaps as an attempt to spur on GRRM to finish the books?

As a viewer and a fan I really feel like I'm missing out.

bloodycelt

Chin's Bartender
It'll be Euron. Why else introduce the character this late in the TV show, when there are only two seasons left? Who else is there to hate? Cersei? She's been there the whole time. The luster's worn off and this story is working on a formula of 'asshole character that does shitty things' so that you actually have someone to hate.

The Greyjoy kingsmoot plot is the only plot left from the books they haven't touched. I haven't watched the latest season yet, not sure if I ever will since I'm rather pissed they put Sansa in Jeyne Poole's shoes just so they could have her raped.... no other reason, the producers even said it, even joked with Turner that she was getting a "love interest", totally pissed me off.

But as I said, Euron comes off (in the books) more like Tywin, someone who does occasional cruel things, but all as calculation. I also don't think they will kill Ramsay yet...
[/QUOTE]

Bloody celt is projecting his inner fantasies. Ignore.

Yeah.

WTF 'not-Jon raping Sansa.'

As if they'd go back to reducing the characters' growth when the show only has two more seasons left, not even full seasons by most accounts.

They sacrificed Sansa's character growth when they took her from the Eyrie.... hence why I just assume that the show will just do the worst possible things to her because the producers don't see Sansa as a character, she's
just an object to be raped, beaten, and what-not because they think their audience likes seeing a young 18 year old girl get tortured :(

Anyhow citations:

I don't have the books on me.... but the particular bit of foreshadowing I was referring to:

1. The prologue in ADWD has Varymyr Sixskins who dies and enters a wolf. A prior example would be Orell the Eagle, which was on the show in season 3. That's where I get my foreshadowing that Jon Snow could enter Ghost if he died.

A Dance With Dragons said:
Then Bowen Marsh stood there before him, tears running down his cheeks. 擢or the Watch. He punched Jon in the belly. When he pulled his hand away, the dagger stayed where he had buried it.

Jon fell to his knees. He found the dagger痴 hilt and wrenched it free. In the cold night air the wound was smoking. 敵host, he whispered. Pain washed over him. Stick them with the pointy end. When the third dagger took him between the shoulder blades, he gave a grunt and fell face-first into the snow. He never felt the fourth knife. Only the cold.

^ Found this quote online, thats the Jon gets murderd scene, note how his last words is "Ghost".

My theory that something else enters Jon Snow is my own based on the idea that if his soul is in Ghost, and Mel is trying to bring the soul back from the dead, it pulls something else entirely. After all what would be the point of spending time setting up the idea that Jon could go into Ghost when he dies... if Mel just brings him back to life?

Of course I could be wrong, the show could ignore that. The books might not even resurrect Snow, he might just stay in Ghost.... though there's that bit in Mel's chapter where she's trying to look for Stannis... but sees Jon Snow instead.

As far as who will win the crown? What if nobody does? It could very well be that the resolution of the books is battling the others, its sort of been hinted at that the dragons are needed in the north. If that is the case it means either Dany is going there and will fight the others, with two other folks. Or its quite possible that someone else like Victarion with the horn takes said dragons and fights the others. Or still possible: The others win, all the while said dragons are used for taking westeros, and you end up with "Hey I'm King!" and.... there's no kingdom left.

Last edited:

BladeDancer314

Windjammers Wonder
The Aria story line is seriously getting on my nerves, fucking do something with her already.

Also, can someone please kill the religious cult in kings landing? Please?

Kiel

All About Shooters Mod., If you fuck with me, I'll
20 Year Member
Man fuck Westeros, who would want to be king of it now? If any of them had any smarts they'd get the fuck out and go to Bravos before the white walkers make things even worse than they already are

Taiso

Remembers The North,
20 Year Member
Bloodycelt:

Sorry, but I am dismissing the notion that someone else jumps into Jon's body in the TV show. He died. He was stone cold dead.

So when he got resurrected, it's Jon. But like Barric, he might be a little altered.

Also, Jon warging into Ghost is not necessary for him to be brought back. Both Cat and Barric were resurrected and they didn't need a safe space for their soul to hide in while waiting for their bodies to be reanimated. The whole 'Jon jumps into Ghost' thing is just silly. I know the prologue chapter to ADWD foreshadows some warging, but that character was fantasizing jumping into a Dire Wolf at some point, and there were also moments where Ghost was reacting better to Mellisandre than to Jon, who he was growling at at one point.

My guess is that Ghost wasn't around because that dude was inside Ghost and he didn't want to be near Jon, and as we've seen from the storyline, when the Stark kids are separated from their Dire Wolves, they become vulnerable. Every bad thing that has happened to them has happened when their Wolves aren't around.

The running theme? Read some Rudyard Kipling to understand.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
Varamyr Sixskins began his second life inside one of his wolves though. Once your physical body dies you can no longer warg. I took Ghost acting spooked because he knew Jon was in danger.

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member
I could definitely see a time when the white walker war is in full swing, and everyone has to pull together. And when they do win, only one man is standing, who will reign king. As LoneSage said earlier, the end will be bitter sweet. So the last man standing might not be the man everyone is rooting for, or anyone.

Last edited:

Taiso

Remembers The North,
20 Year Member
Varamyr Sixskins began his second life inside one of his wolves though. Once your physical body dies you can no longer warg. I took Ghost acting spooked because he knew Jon was in danger.

He wasn't just being spooky, though. He was being downright aggressive towards Jon, as I recall.

Also, if he new Jon was in danger, why wouldn't he stay with him until the danger passed? It's not like it was in the TV show where he was trapped in a pen. He had free reign of Castle Black in the books.

So I can't agree with that hypothesis.

GutsDozer

Robot Master., Master Tasuke, Eat Your, Heart Out
10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
The last ten minutes where equally satisfying,expected,and game changing.