Why haven't any of you doll fuckers started a Game of Thrones topic?

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
Vegas had Bran Stark as the favorite to be the ruler of the kingdoms at the end of the season, last I saw at least. Seems possible, maybe?

edit: Bran good or Bran bad (or just self-interested)?

Last edited:

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Dany telling Tarly that she wiped out his father and brother was icy AF.

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member
Vegas had Bran Stark as the favorite to be the ruler of the kingdoms at the end of the season, last I saw at least. Seems possible, maybe?

edit: Bran good or Bran bad (or just self-interested)?

Highly doubt in my opinion.

Everyone dies

Or

Everyone bands together and beats the white walkers. Everyone lives in peace and abandons the idea of ruling all of westeros.

I could see Jamie, Sansa, Sam, and Gendry, and maybe Dany all getting a throne. As far as the iron throne who knows.

This will also leave all of the other side of the wall unaccounted for. Who knows who will rule that.

Last edited:

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
First off, that was a great first episode after waiting nearly two years. It won't be as good for subsequent viewings I'm sure. But it's Game of Thrones season 8, not season 1, I have come to terms with it if I'm going to enjoy this season. I had some goofy grins on my face after knowing these characters for seven years and seeing how they reacted to seeing each other after such a long time, or for the first time.

Things that stuck out to me:

-stupid fucking Sansa & northerners whining about da king in da norf when there's a goddamn army of the undead marching

-the first episode where Euron is tolerable for me

-what a fantastic scene that was with Sam and Dany. Sam's actor just killed it, absolutely nailed how conflicted Sam must have felt. And I guess it makes sense, because Sam never said he hated his dad despite everything he did to Sam. Also since I'm playing Chrono Trigger this is a good example of doing something bad in the past having a negative effect in the future.

-Dr. Branhattan still creepy and annoying as fuck. Despite all his protests that he is no longer Brandon Stark (what the fuck is he again? Pisspoor explaining in the show for that), maybe there is enough of Bran left inside him to hate Jaime, as seen as him glaring at Jaime in the last scene.

-Gendry looks like shit

-where. the hell. is ghost. I would gladly, gladly have done without 30+ seconds of the dragon riding for just 30 seconds of Ghost.

Lastblade said:
Jon will get Dany preggo and then sacrifice himself by suicide mission to kill the night king.

Spoiler:
I think they're going to go down that old, tragic trope of having to kill someone you love to get the power to kill the Big Bad. In this case Jon having to kill Dany so he may vanquish the Night King.

PS Taiso I avenged you in the movie thread against wasabi, so you can come back now and offer thoughts on episodes, cheers

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Worst boss since Lumbergh.

u7cs0txk9ps21.jpg

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
Is Bran just being like Sansa with her petty whining or does he have deeper motives for trying to fuck over the Jon/Dany partnership? He seems more than happy to derail the best chance they have of actually beating the White Walkers.

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
Is Bran just being like Sansa with her petty whining or does he have deeper motives for trying to fuck over the Jon/Dany partnership? He seems more than happy to derail the best chance they have of actually beating the White Walkers.

I don't think Bran functions like that anymore. He's not on the same level as mortals now, not really. He kind of has one foot in the world and one foot elsewhere. I more-so think he is simply calling a spade a spade as in "he is the heir, everyone is mistaken". His lack of grasp on mortal reality seems to be pushing his motives.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
More random thoughts/predictions:

Spoiler:
-Golden Company will end up just being food for the Night King's army

-Arya's weapon design will probably end up being something like a rifle

Last edited:

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Thoughts:
"Ever the artist" the walkers strike again, leaving a symbol on purpose, I guess. Is it a reference to the Weirwoods? The child in the center of the spiral with 7 points? Is this maybe a reference to the 7 gods, sealing the night king in that body? TBD..

I think that it is a reference to 80's Capcom games.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
More random thoughts/predictions:

Spoiler:
-Golden Company will end up just being food for the Night King's army

not before it's revealed that Illyrio Mopatis and Strickland are plotting to have the Golden Company ascend Aegon Targaryan to the Iron Throne regardless of what Cersei thinks.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
Upon a rewatch of S8E1, Ghost is in the episode. If you look closely, every time Dany is onscreen she's wearing him.

edit: I did like getting to see an overhead shot of Winterfell, as well as seeing the Umbers' Last Hearth, which looks about what I'd expect it to

winterfell.jpg

lasthearth.jpg

edit: new, completely original theory - dragonglass alone can't kill the Night King because he already has dragonglass inside him.

Last edited:

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
This episode unraveled the way I expected. The big question was how would Daenerys handle the news from Aegon Targaryan, and it was as expected.

We got to see Arya's secret weapon, and it was nothing special.

The scene where Jaime knights Brienne was emotional, because they have so much respect for each other. Direction wise, this is a kind of shitty scene because the cast is guiding you through your reaction with Podrick affirming that this is right, and everyone applauding. I won't miss the hammy humor. Still, it bleeds into the possibility of Jaime being much more important to the overall plot. Earlier in the episode, when he confronts Bran to apologize, he asks Bran why he didn't expose his crime, Bran says that Jaime wouldn't be able to help them if he was dead. This is telling in that anyone can help, but for Bran to insinuate that Jaime is needed, then Jaime is likely critical to the success of the living, which plays into the Azor Ahai theory.

The scene between Jon and Daenerys was also really emotional, and I already knew exactly how it would go down as soon as I saw Jon was staring at Lyanna Stark's statue.

Most of this episode came off as an adagio, slowly building up to the allegro. We know that the next three episodes are battles, so here we go, I guess.

The Arya nude scene was lame. You can't trust this show with nudity. Her head wasn't grafted onto that body correctly and looked weird AF.

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
I don’t know if the missus would’ve appreciated me rewinding and checking just to critique the integrity of the scene but I take your word for it, considering how they treated Cersei’s Shame walk.

I enjoyed the episode, everyone sitting around drinking and chilling was candid and relaxed, a nice lead-in to the upcoming battle.

Also, Brienne is going to die.

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
Is it the time for a death pool?

Any thoughts on who will make it and who will eat it?

My opinion, I feel these people are possibly on the chopping block:

John Snow
Ayra Stark
Brienne of Tarth
Theon Greyjoy
Davos Seaworth
Jorah Mormont
The Hound
Tormund Giantsbane (somehow I think his death will tie to Brienne)
Gendry
Beric Dondarrion
Lyanna Mormont
Eddison Tollett

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
I don’t know if the missus would’ve appreciated me rewinding and checking just to critique the integrity of the scene but I take your word for it, considering how they treated Cersei’s Shame walk.

I enjoyed the episode, everyone sitting around drinking and chilling was candid and relaxed, a nice lead-in to the upcoming battle.

Also, Brienne is going to die.

you've been married longer than me, you haven't broken your wife's soul yet?

ballzdeepx

Rugal's Secretary
20 Year Member
I think there was significance in the Arya scene, she obviously wants the smith's seed in her for multiple reasons, I just wonder if their offspring should it be male - have any claim to the throne.
I also believe after the battle is over, Arya and Hound will travel back to King's Landing to take out Cersei and the Mountain leaving the power vacuum. Danny will be dead (the Dragons will decide she's not worthy and eat her alive) and lastly, John will forfeit his ultimate rule over the kingdom, melt down the throne and let others rule their own respective areas.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
Taiso come back, I need to see your rage about Varys being absolutely useless and not even knowing Cersei hired the Golden Company and turning it against them

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
I think there was significance in the Arya scene, she obviously wants the smith's seed in her for multiple reasons, I just wonder if their offspring should it be male - have any claim to the throne.
I also believe after the battle is over, Arya and Hound will travel back to King's Landing to take out Cersei and the Mountain leaving the power vacuum. Danny will be dead (the Dragons will decide she's not worthy and eat her alive) and lastly, John will forfeit his ultimate rule over the kingdom, melt down the throne and let others rule their own respective areas.

remember when Cersei was a kid and went to see the witch in the woods:
Maggy let Cersei ask three questions. First, Cersei's father had promised that she would wed Crown Prince Rhaegar Targaryen, and she wanted to know when they would marry. Maggy responded that she wouldn't marry "the prince" but she would marry "the king". Worried, Cersei used her second question to confirm that she would indeed be queen some day. Maggy confirmed that she would, but that in time she would be cast down by another, younger and more beautiful queen, who would take all she held dear. Third, Cersei asked if she and the king would have children. Maggy cryptically replied that the king would have 20 children, but Cersei would have only three. Cersei didn't think that made sense (not realizing that a king can have bastard children), but Maggy continued to say of her three children that gold would be their crowns, and gold their burial shrouds, implying that all of Cersei's children would predecease her.

then consider https://awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/Valonqar
And when your tears have drowned you, the valonqar shall wrap his hands about your pale white throat and choke the life from you.
Jaime is her younger brother, while Tirion is the youngest. Chances are that Jaime will be the one to kill Cersei. Has to be the case for storytelling purposes. Can't be anyone else. Not even Tirion.

also, consider https://gameofthrones.fandom.com/wiki/Azor_Ahai
To fight the darkness, Azor Ahai needed to forge a hero's sword. He labored for thirty days and thirty nights until it was done. However, when he went to temper it in water, the sword broke. He was not one to give up easily, so he started over.

The second time he took fifty days and fifty nights to make the sword, even better than the first. To temper it this time, he captured a lion and drove the sword into its heart, but once more the steel shattered.

The third time, with a heavy heart, for he knew beforehand what he must do to finish the blade, he worked for a hundred days and nights until it was finished. This time, he called for his wife, Nissa Nissa, and asked her to bare her breast. He drove his sword into her living heart, her soul combining with the steel of the sword, creating the weapon known as Lightbringer.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Taiso come back, I need to see your rage about Varys being absolutely useless and not even knowing Cersei hired the Golden Company and turning it against them

Pretty sure Varys is holding his cards close to his chest, and is in contact with Illyrio Mopatis, who is in charge of the Golden Company situation. Like a band founded by a Targaryan bastard (Daemon Blackfyre) wouldn't back Jon Snow.

ballzdeepx

Rugal's Secretary
20 Year Member
remember when Cersei was a kid and went to see the witch in the woods:

then consider https://awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/Valonqar

Jaime is her younger brother, while Tirion is the youngest. Chances are that Jaime will be the one to kill Cersei. Has to be the case for storytelling purposes. Can't be anyone else. Not even Tirion.

also, consider https://gameofthrones.fandom.com/wiki/Azor_Ahai

I wonder if the exchange between Tyrion and Jaime was some foreshadowing then, Tyrion was speaking of becoming undead, and ripping her apart (slightly in jest) but Jaime had already left the rooftop to pursue Brienne.