Barcelona win 2011 Champions League

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Since no one else has made a thread about this, Barca won its 4th CL trophy. For many of the players, and Pep Guardiola, this is the third time they lift the trophy (Pep won as a player).

Scorers: Pedro, Messi, Villa

Top players - Pique shut down ManU's attack force of Rooney and Chicharito. Iniesta made excellent through passes all day, and set up an incredible rapport with Busquets. Messi, MOTM.

IDCHAPPY

The Mad Jock.
Great result and the one i wanted.

FIFA on the other hand is filled with scammers, liers, cheats and should be totally changed. Especially that crooked fat windbag Blatter

K_K

Honourary Irishman.,
20 Year Member
i made 85 euro on that game. i'd not bet on barca to win, but i did bet on pedro to score first. thought it was a bit of a longshot but 85 squid later i'm glad i dropped some on him.

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
FIFA on the other hand is filled with scammers, liers, cheats and should be totally changed. Especially that crooked fat windbag Blatter

Yeah. The recent scandal clearly shows that there's a giant stink beneath the glossy surface.

As for CL, well, it came out as expected.

Man, I so want Euro 2012 NOW...

K_K

Honourary Irishman.,
20 Year Member
Yeah. The recent scandal clearly shows that there's a giant stink beneath the glossy surface.

As for CL, well, it came out as expected.

Man, I so want Euro 2012 NOW...

gimme an abridged version of what's going down with fifa. i haven't been reading the news on that i know a few people were being charged for cheating/match fixing or something. i don't know the whole story, but also don't want to read the whole story.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
gimme an abridged version of what's going down with fifa. i haven't been reading the news on that i know a few people were being charged for cheating/match fixing or something. i don't know the whole story, but also don't want to read the whole story.

Fifa was getting bribes left and right for where the next world cups would be. Sepp Blatter "knew nothing", but Jack Warner and Bin Hammam were totally on the wrong side of it all and are to blame for all corruptions, as far as Sepp's cohorts are concerned.

No one buys it. During Sepp's speech today regarding the scandal, reporters asked him questions, basically pointing out the bullshit that everyone is seeing here, and Sepp basically took his ball and left, like Cartman.

This is just the start. Can't wait to see Fifa disbanded. Someone should go to Pele's house and give him a colombian necktie too. That little piece of shit runs his mouth like he thinks he's relevant. No one really remembers him for anything more than playing against a lot of weak opponents that weren't anything close to the mid-table players of today. Any of Pele's opponents would be relegated in today's game. The guy is a fossil. Cro magnon.

Seriously, Pele needs to stop showing his hatred for Argentina. It's pathetic and shows his insecurities.

I meant it in the real corrupting illegal sense, I forgot it's a real profession in some countries.

kitkit.com

Ace Ghost Pilot
15 Year Member
Barcelona deserved the win. They dominated the entire match especially in 2nd half. Man U didn't have too many chances, and lack of concentration in defense didn't help.

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
Fifa was getting bribes left and right for where the next world cups would be. Sepp Blatter "knew nothing", but Jack Warner and Bin Hammam were totally on the wrong side of it all and are to blame for all corruptions, as far as Sepp's cohorts are concerned.

No one buys it. During Sepp's speech today regarding the scandal, reporters asked him questions, basically pointing out the bullshit that everyone is seeing here, and Sepp basically took his ball and left, like Cartman.

This is just the start. Can't wait to see Fifa disbanded. Someone should go to Pele's house and give him a colombian necktie too. That little piece of shit runs his mouth like he thinks he's relevant. No one really remembers him for anything more than playing against a lot of weak opponents that weren't anything close to the mid-table players of today. Any of Pele's opponents would be relegated in today's game. The guy is a fossil. Cro magnon.

Seriously, Pele needs to stop showing his hatred for Argentina. It's pathetic and shows his insecurities.

Good summary.

The reason why Blatter reigns supreme over international football is the buddy-buddy system he installed during his presidency which is impossible to penetrate from the outside but it's actually quite fragile when attacked from the inside. One insider that has the balls to stand up and tell the world about Blatter's intrigues and money inflows and fucking FIFA will collapse like a house of cards.

As for Pele, he became more and more bizarre in recent years. IMO he hangs out with the wrong people.

EDIT -

This just in: Blatter got re-elected as FIFA prez with 92% of the votes. He was the only candidate.

Boo-hiss, etc.

Last edited:

K_K

Honourary Irishman.,
20 Year Member
Good summary.

The reason why Blatter reigns supreme over international football is the buddy-buddy system he installed during his presidency which is impossible to penetrate from the outside but it's actually quite fragile when attacked from the inside. One insider that has the balls to stand up and tell the world about Blatter's intrigues and money inflows and fucking FIFA will collapse like a house of cards.

As for Pele, he became more and more bizarre in recent years. IMO he hangs out with the wrong people.

EDIT -

This just in: Blatter got re-elected as FIFA prez with 92% of the votes. He was the only candidate.

Boo-hiss, etc.

sounds like sadaam hussein in iraqi elections. no one voted against him.

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
sounds like sadaam hussein in iraqi elections. no one voted against him.

Well, many people and organizations profit by his contacts in business and finance. International football became a money machine during the past 30 years and Blatter is its personification. Some people think that things would be much better without him but they fail to see that there's a lot of corruption and scheming in national footy as well, from major leagues down to backwater amateur clubs. When football was mostly financed by entrance fees and a bit of (low-level) advertising or sponsoring, every league or club had a revenue maximum that was almost impossible to expand. Now the money making possibilities are endless, courtesy of the media and a conglomerate of politicians and businessmen who created a sports industry that can make you stinkin' rich if you pull the right strings.

In other words, the problem also lies in the system, not only its head.

K_K

Honourary Irishman.,
20 Year Member
its like the mythical hydra. cut off the head, it grows three more, and keeps living.

Maury V.

Lucky Glauber's #1 Fan,
Since we're on the topic of FC Barcelona, I got word they're coming to my home town to play Club America at the Cowboys stadium. I'm THINKING about going to the game....

ratson

Hyperactive Stoner
15 Year Member
Since we're on the topic of FC Barcelona, I got word they're coming to my home town to play Club America at the Cowboys stadium. I'm THINKING about going to the game....

You should definitely go to that match.