Metal Slug 1

snesbits

Pricejacking fliptard. AVOID!
I recently purchased a metal slug 1

it was owned by an old time collector call Castlevania4ever,

He is 100% trustworthy seller, but just to be certain coudl you guys confirm it look s legit to me as one of my friend said it should have a yellow lable on the cart but im not sure all these carts come with yellow lable.

CIMG0663.jpg

CIMG0662.jpg

CIMG0661.jpg

CIMG0660.jpg

CIMG0659.jpg

mega001.jpg

Last edited:

BRANDI

Franco's Trainer
20 Year Member
Did you pay it like a real one?

We're talking about a 5/6.000 usd stuff here...

snesbits

yes I paid like a real one,

I know the seller pretty well and they are trustworthy,

but one person brought up an issue that is should have a yellow sticker on the cart, and that brought me here, but i have no doubt it legit but just wanted the confirmation from some one on this site.

BRANDI

Franco's Trainer
20 Year Member
but one person brought up an issue that is should have a yellow sticker on the cart, and that brought me here, but i have no doubt it legit but just wanted the confirmation from some one on this site.
He was probably referring to the gold warning sticker... since i'm no US/Euro expert, you shoud wait for someone that can tell if an english MS should have it...

caren103

King's Dry Cleaner
Please, post better pictures, as you own the game:

- Frontal and close picture of front and back of the manual, with and without flash.

- Frontal and close picture of cart sticker: front and upwards.

- Frontal and close picture of insert (out of the box if possible): front, spine, back.

snesbits

thanks for replies, yes the gold sticker, I dont think all games comes with gold sticker,

I will produce pictures within the next few hours

caren103

King's Dry Cleaner
It's difficult to tell with pictures, specially these days, but I have not noticed anything strange in manual (staples, some very minor points I have checked also, etc.), nor in the insert (not checked that many time).

These of course does not mean anything 100% for sure, as somebody with better eye than I could think different; after all, I have checked this against pictures I have of that version, and with the Jap Metal.

Obviously, colors change in pictures (by ambiental light, flash, etc.), and my only doubt regarding that was about the clear blue lines of the cart sticker, as in the pics I owned of the game and in the pic from here (neo-geo.com) of the game, they seem darker blue lines.

I have seen similar clear blue lines in the sticker, in the picture of the game from the N G F website, which I would not call completely good news, as per example the insert there pictured is a "corrected insert" (now I have recall and understand something I read in the trial papers about Metal Slug English... XD).

Let's see if somebody known owning the game can help you with that.

snesbits

thanks Im pretty happy with the assessment, in real life the blue is much darker than from photos

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
I am not an authority on this area, but there will be more feedback from some AES collectors.

You need provenance just to sell these, so get as much feedback as you can.

snesbits

I dont want to sell it its just someone brought up the point of should it or should it not have the gold warning lable.

I already knew the games history of oweners

Oldtimeplayer owned for 6 years
before that castlevania4ever for approx 5 years

two trustworthy collectors so when the opportunity came up I was already confident that it was legit

Late

Reichsf?rer-Finnland,
20 Year Member
You should've posted this to the "Boot or no boot" section, you might have gotten more replies that way.

Silky Johnson

Zero's Tailor
The best way would be by opening the cart, but it seems a risky option as the label might become damaged in the process if you are not careful.

Even so, that would be the best option.