Demolish First

Samurai Showdown 6
    3000086 3000886
    Rumble Fish 2
    900479 2600530
    Knights of Valour the Seven Spirits

Battle Coliseum

Mayor of Southtown

It's getting harder to track down legit Atomiswave games. Even most resellers and operators don't know the games they have are boots. I've had to educate a few, and they were pissed. Here's the entire list of known serials I've seen, but remember that the bootleggers are getting smarter. You still need to open up your games to make sure they're legit. That is, as long as you're not Panda and trying to buy the boots

Atomiswave Bootleg Serial Numbers
    DB 0701200
    DF 0601236 / 0601798 (?)
    FOTNS 3400167
    KOFXI 3200964
    KOV 0900479 / 0901669
    GGI 1100342 / 1130022
    MS6 3490501 / 3500510 / 3600240
    NGBC 1702636 / 2800273
    NW 1702036 / 1702040
    RF 1401163
    RF2 JH2600530 / 900479 / 2600530
    RM 2100373
    SSVI 3000086 / 3000886

Are there atomiswave boots for sale in this thread? /shakes money in paw
    Quote Originally Posted by DecepticonZero View Post
    I don't know why you're white knighting this guy, couldn't you buy the North Pole and have the elves build you anything you want?

Ghost Of Captain Kidd

Quote Originally Posted by kidpanda View Post
    Are there atomiswave boots for sale in this thread? /shakes money in paw
    Bad panda! Mine! /knocks money out of paw and throws bamboo in opposite direction

Mayor of Southtown

Haha, nothing wrong with buying boots... as long as you're buying them as bootlegs. There are a lot of people who are still paying $200-300 for MS6 and SS6 bootlegs, and that's just criminal. Need to help educate the masses

Krauser's Henchman

Quote Originally Posted by RabbitTroop View Post
    Haha, nothing wrong with buying boots... as long as you're buying them as bootlegs. There are a lot of people who are still paying $200-300 for MS6 and SS6 bootlegs, and that's just criminal. Need to help educate the masses
    Have they started making boots with rounded label corners? They seem easy enough to spot. Although, opening them doesn't hurt.

Ghost Of Captain Kidd

Agreed. I just want 'em before panda gets to them

Mayor of Southtown

Quote Originally Posted by LegoSlug View Post
    Have they started making boots with rounded label corners? They seem easy enough to spot. Although, opening them doesn't hurt.
    It's interesting that GGX 1.5 never got a bootleg. Guess they can't find one to copy, though the ROMs are out there so not sure why it hasn't been made. It took me FOREVER to find that game, and mine has a nicely ripped up label, but it's an original Some of the Atomiswave games were rare to begin with so it's almost good to see the Dolphin Blue and etc boots out there. I just wish people weren't thieves and would just advertise them as boots and charge the $50 or so price they normally go for. I've got all of the Atomiswave games, but Rumble Fish 2, though as originals and I have to tell you that even with seeing labels, seeing serials, and hearing they were original before buying... I still was a bit leery until I got the games in house and could check them out. Haha, it's almost as bad as the poor Neo home cart crowd. I feel their pain.

Krauser's Henchman

It's interesting that GGX 1.5 never got a bootleg. Guess they can't find one to copy, though the ROMs are out there so not sure why it hasn't been made. It took me FOREVER to find that game, and mine has a nicely ripped up label, but it's an original Some of the Atomiswave games were rare to begin with so it's almost good to see the Dolphin Blue and etc boots out there. I just wish people weren't thieves and would just advertise them as boots and charge the $50 or so price they normally go for. I've got all of the Atomiswave games, but Rumble Fish 2, though as originals and I have to tell you that even with seeing labels, seeing serials, and hearing they were original before buying... I still was a bit leery until I got the games in house and could check them out. Haha, it's almost as bad as the poor Neo home cart crowd. I feel their pain.
    I've managed to pick up original Dolphin Blue, MS6, KofV, and Neo Wave games, and even though they had rounded corners, I still opened them up. I could totally imagine someone simply swapping the pcbs inside.

I've served my time in the Dark Army.
    Have you?

Quote Originally Posted by LegoSlug View Post
    I've managed to pick up original Dolphin Blue, MS6, KofV, and Neo Wave games, and even though they had rounded corners, I still opened them up. I could totally imagine someone simply swapping the pcbs inside.
    Good advice. I would open and inspect any AW cart you buy, just for peace of mind. Glad I picked up my AW carts before the boot explosion. Picked up a few boot copies to check them out (have since sold them). Put stickers on the labels that said "Boot" in pink letters, just to be clear. Lol.

Blame madman
    You Know You Want To.

WISE FROM YOUR GWAVE!

So it's pretty easy to tell teh boots from the legit carts based on serial #s and lack of holo stickers, out of curiosity can anyone post some pics of the bootleg boards? I opened my legit MS6 cart and it had Sammy boards with Sega ROMs, I'm curious to see if the boots are a sloppy mess inside with recycled chips like my MVS multi.

Baseball Star Hitter

not all Atomiswave legit carts have holo stickers, but the numbering issue is definitely a constant.

Blame madman
    You Know You Want To.

Quote Originally Posted by wyndcrosser View Post
    not all Atomiswave legit carts have holo stickers, but the numbering issue is definitely a constant.
    I'm aware, as mentioned I have a legit MS6 and that doesn't have a holo sticker. Post boot board pics or GTFO.

Give an Azn
    A Break Here!

Quote Originally Posted by madman View Post
    I'm aware, as mentioned I have a legit MS6 and that doesn't have a holo sticker. Post boot board pics or GTFO.

I don't have any anymore, but I can say nothing is recycled they are nice and clean just like neo 161 carts.

Critical Damage!

Some do have recycled bits and the pcb's are not silkscreened w/Sammy logo. Rumble Fish 2 and SS VI had recycled roms (ID's rubbed off top) and suspect solder work. My MS6 was all new components and cleaner soldering. There are multiple places making these boots - so ymmv.

I still have not seen a boot with rounded label corners. The metal housing is also a thinner metal and the plastic is a bit cheaper and can snap / warp when putting in and out. Again, different makers, so not universal truths.

I don't have any boots any longer so can't take pics - but I do have some floating around old threads here and other sites.
    Currently dating: Jack Dempsey; a fish; recommended by fake madman

Quote Originally Posted by mjmjr25 View Post
    other sites.
    omg ban pls
    Whatcha gonna do?

Master Brewer, Genzai Sake Co.

Ryan's been cheating on us?!? Noooooooooooo!
    Neo Geo AES #011035 #036442 | Neo Geo CD #0002814 #0015959 | MVS Executive | Razion 1cc Club President | NG.com Top Trader
    ATTN NOOBS: Jamma Nation X makes the best CMVS & Superguns, PERIOD! | Unofficial MVS and AES Price Guide
    Quote Originally Posted by SNKSOUL View Post
    I ask a complete account removal extraction

I ask the deletion authorized by Neo Geo Admin Judge Dredd.

Thanks a lot.

Thread Information