15 Year Member

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member

ISODee

Armored Scrum Object
And yet again Im bit afraid to buy anything from ebay! This is so stupid you can buy the games for 50$ shipped and then people are asking over 100$ in ebay. Well @ least got my MS6 from baba today. But still dont support bootlegs for resale as overpriced.

distropia

SouthTown StreetSweeper
10 Year Member
If you ask the seller to show the pcb's and he refuses, then is a boot. Albeit I don't mind if its a boot or not while it is well built and works flawlessly. With that price, is hard to resist...

luke2fr

n00b
atomiswave fake carts

http://a.yfrog.com/img580/5999/imgp0370.jpg

ms6 on the right is legit.

looks well made, I wouldn't mind getting one for cheap. Buying original games got complicated though.

The bad fake label is easily replaceable.
I've made that picture.

i have a few of these. In comparison to my real carts, they're pretty solid. For instance, I bought a SS6 and FOTNS not knowing they were boots for about $150 a pop quite awhile back. The only one that has glitches is the background in the whitehouse stage on SS6 [conspiracy!] doesn't affect the gameplay though and it's just a little messy on that one stage. I'm not crying over it. I bought 'em to play.
I agree FOTNS seems to be a perfect copy. Me and some friend got it running next to another cab with the real cart, and we couldn't find anything wrong.
I disagree about SS6. White house stage is messed up, but that's not the only wrong thing. You can spot some glitches at the end of Haohmaru's Seppuretsuzan animation. The Fight logo at the beginning of each fight is also crippled. Maybe there's more, I've sent the game back after I've found those.

Last point which has been missed is, the pcb have the Sammy logo, but read the build date : all are from the end of 2009. But all these games are way older...

Piccolo_DBz

Astra,
I just noticed these boots on eBay a week ago. I saw 100% original on it and all I can remember was this site saying If it's 100% original its a boot. lol

ISODee

Armored Scrum Object
I´ve been watching about once a week for a year Atomiswave games from ebay and newer seen this much bootlegs and people buying them? Now when you search with keyword Atomiswave almosta every cart is suspicious!
BTW do any of those boot carts have hologram?

fantat

NEST Puppet
20 Year Member
I've been reporting these guys on ebay almost daily. I too am interested to find out if any of the boots use the hologram. There's a decently price Dolphine Blue on there right now that could be a boot but it does have the hologram.

pixeljunkie

Whilst Drunk., I Found God., Booze = Bad.,
20 Year Member
I've been reporting these guys on ebay almost daily. I too am interested to find out if any of the boots use the hologram. There's a decently price Dolphine Blue on there right now that could be a boot but it does have the hologram.

of all my carts [legit] only one has the hologram

ISODee

Armored Scrum Object

If we are talking the same cart as I think it looks real and dosnt have bootleg serial!

redfield0009

Sieger's Squire
I got FOTNS and Slug 6 in today. Both played perfectly and there were no graphical or sound glitches. Played them both on high and low res. Hopefully they will start to release more games. Can't go wrong for 50 bucks.

BIG BEAR

SHOCKbox Developer,
20 Year Member
Thanks for that update. I haven't gotten around to ordering slug 6 but will be doing so this week.
BB

I got FOTNS and Slug 6 in today. Both played perfectly and there were no graphical or sound glitches. Played them both on high and low res. Hopefully they will start to release more games. Can't go wrong for 50 bucks.

mmsadda

Just buy my shit. Seriously. You can call me Susan
10 Year Member
Just to clarify, you got boot carts, and didn't experience the glitches (particularly the graphical ones pictured from SS6) that were shown above? I've got those two on the way, which I'm really excited for, and I hope they function perfectly...

redfield0009

Sieger's Squire
Just to clarify, you got boot carts, and didn't experience the glitches (particularly the graphical ones pictured from SS6) that were shown above? I've got those two on the way, which I'm really excited for, and I hope they function perfectly...

Correct. I bought boots and they look and play like real carts. No graphical or audio issues. These are probably the best boots I have ever owned.

I think people are jumping to conclusions with the SS6, we have only one report of a defective cart, bootleggers don' do any quality control so the cart itself could be defective. All other games work fine, I' waiting for more reports before setting the stone on SS6.

redfield0009

Sieger's Squire
I'll get SS6 with my next order and I'll report back once I've played it. I plan on getting a bunch of games and having one of my blasts dedicated to atomiswave for the rest of the year.

Clessy

Banned
I bought MS6 from Xing which looks like is where most people bought from. I'll report back when I get it in as to how I like it. My atomiswave is setup for lightgun games so I'll have to move it over to my neo cabinet to try it out as this is the first non light gun game I've gotten for the atomiswave. I really hope they expand into other atomiswave games. I would love to have extreme hunting though Im sure that would cause quite a ruckus being that those games are good earners inside the actual arcade industry. For us private collectors that barely get a chance to play our games though it would be quite the nice price drop.

redfield0009

Sieger's Squire
I got an email and product catalog from Xing Ye. I asked about the remaining 7 games yet to be reproduced. Hopefully I get good news. Oddly enough, they sell cabs as well. One looked like a fake blast city.