Atomiswave Bootleg Carts

pixeljunkie

Whilst Drunk., I Found God., Booze = Bad.,
20 Year Member
How did you identify them as being boots? Was it by the serial on the label? I'm pretty sure I have originals not just by the serial. My copies show wear on the label and the interface so they've been around for a bit, NOT BRAND NEW like what that one auction states.
Since these carts were scarce to begin with,I wouldn't mind an MS6 reproduction at the 50 USD price tag.
BB

When I found out there were boots, I went back to look at them [SS6 specifically since $150 was cheap for it] and noticed the labels didn't have rounded edges. I initially opened them to see VERY nice PCBs that read "Sammy" w/the logo and everything. I immediately sighed with relief that they were legit. But after seeing this thread as well as seeing others I knew were boots it became clear. But without them next to each other, its next to impossible to tell. Plus, the MS6 ones have rounded edges on the label and very high production quality. The serial being the only "give away". I, personally, love them. [for what they are]

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
The chips they use are also sanded to remove info from them.

jeffkun34

Science will find a way!,
20 Year Member
I just found this out today. I thought I might have gotten a KOF XI boot but my label has rounded corners and a different serial number from the one posted above. I still want to find a legit copy of SS6 that does not run me over $350.

BIG BEAR

SHOCKbox Developer,
20 Year Member
That's the way I feel in regards to purchasing the original but in the meantime a 50 USD repro is a good hold over and the only bot title I would consider purchasing.
BB

I just found this out today. I thought I might have gotten a KOF XI boot but my label has rounded corners and a different serial number from the one posted above. I still want to find a legit copy of SS6 that does not run me over $350.

BIG BEAR

SHOCKbox Developer,
20 Year Member
That's the way I feel in regards to purchasing the original but in the meantime a 50 USD repro is a good hold over and the only boot title I would consider purchasing.
BB

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Wow, I hope no one here with the intention of buying a legitimate release got burned.

Seriously though, IMO these boots should not be supported as it only encourages the makers to make more. Aren't bootlegs one of the main causes for the SNK's downfall?

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
It's only a matter of time before Atomiswave multicarts start showing up.

complexz

Rosa's Tag-Tea,
I'd love a sega STV multicart :) I wish the pirates had enough motivation to do something like that.

SetaSouji??

There Can be Only One
Wow, I hope no one here with the intention of buying a legitimate release got burned.

Seriously though, IMO these boots should not be supported as it only encourages the makers to make more. Aren't bootlegs one of the main causes for the SNK's downfall?

Well, considering the last atomiswave game to be made was in 2009, and you could only RENT that particular cartridge... I don't think it matters anymore :lolz:

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member

SNK's downfall was mostly due to high production costs which led to high price tags which led to little market share. If the prices of the games and console were only $50 more than any of the other systems out at the time then it would have been very different in outcome because of the quality of the product and power of the console. But the AES was about $300+ more than other consoles at the time and games were 4-6+ times higher also.

loegan43

I've served my time in the Dark Army., Have you?,
15 Year Member
I haven't got MS6 yet buts it s a boot. I went ahead and filed a claim anyways. The seller has another auction with the boot serial plainly listed.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Metal-Slug-6-At...267?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item23112c587b

If he would of listed his initial auction clearly then this wouldn't be an issue, however the seller is trying to pass them off as real.

The seller, mai4lu, has several other fake atomiswave carts listed. Has put up pictures of the bootleg pcbs and removed "100% orginal" from the auction listing. :oh_no:

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
I haven't got MS6 yet buts it s a boot. I went ahead and filed a claim anyways. The seller has another auction with the boot serial plainly listed.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Metal-Slug-6-At...267?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item23112c587b

If he would of listed his initial auction clearly then this wouldn't be an issue, however the seller is trying to pass them off as real.

I have a feeling that this seller didn't know it was a boot. Otherwise he would not have uploaded pics of the pcb.

ISODee

Armored Scrum Object
Beware there´s lot of bootlegs going on ebay right now and people are paying so much of them :oh_no:

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Report the auctions. If only one person does it, ebay doesn't investigate. But if a bunch of people file a report then they will.

fantat

NEST Puppet
20 Year Member
I could be wrong, but I think there are other serial numbers that are boots. It looks like some that are listed as English version carts have different serial numbers than the ones listed in this thread. There's a guy on ebay right now from France that looks to be selling boots, but his serial numbers don't match the ones from this thread. FYI.

ISODee

Armored Scrum Object
I have reported one MS6 I was bidding that but I realised it was boot!

redfield0009

Sieger's Squire
I reported all the metal slug 6 auctions. Checked just now and ebay pulled them. This will help my claim :drool:

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Makes me wonder what else they are going to release since almost all AW titles have been dumped except for 7 titles.

redfield0009

Sieger's Squire
Well I got refunded, "The picture is for reference only, but I don't want an unsatisfied buyer. I hope this satisfies you and I apologize for any inconvenience." The seller also listed the game again, It really pisses me off when people keep trying to scam.

In other news I'm off to alibaba to grab a 30 dollar copy, lmao.

Last edited:

BIG BEAR

SHOCKbox Developer,
20 Year Member
So he never posted it to you,correct?
BB

Well I got refunded, "The picture is for reference only, but I don't want an unsatisfied buyer. I hope this satisfies you and I apologize for any inconvenience." The seller also listed the game again, It really pisses me off when people keep trying to scam.

In other news I'm off to alibaba to grab a 30 dollar copy, lmao.