Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Atomiswave Bootleg Carts

Whilst Drunk.
    I Found God.
    Booze = Bad.

Quote Originally Posted by BIG BEAR View Post
    How did you identify them as being boots? Was it by the serial on the label? I'm pretty sure I have originals not just by the serial. My copies show wear on the label and the interface so they've been around for a bit, NOT BRAND NEW like what that one auction states.
    Since these carts were scarce to begin with,I wouldn't mind an MS6 reproduction at the 50 USD price tag.
    BB
    When I found out there were boots, I went back to look at them [SS6 specifically since $150 was cheap for it] and noticed the labels didn't have rounded edges. I initially opened them to see VERY nice PCBs that read "Sammy" w/the logo and everything. I immediately sighed with relief that they were legit. But after seeing this thread as well as seeing others I knew were boots it became clear. But without them next to each other, its next to impossible to tell. Plus, the MS6 ones have rounded edges on the label and very high production quality. The serial being the only "give away". I, personally, love them. [for what they are]

Science will find a way!

I just found this out today. I thought I might have gotten a KOF XI boot but my label has rounded corners and a different serial number from the one posted above. I still want to find a legit copy of SS6 that does not run me over $350.

SHOCKbox Developer
    That's the way I feel in regards to purchasing the original but in the meantime a 50 USD repro is a good hold over and the only bot title I would consider purchasing.
    BB

Quote Originally Posted by jeffkun34 View Post
    I just found this out today. I thought I might have gotten a KOF XI boot but my label has rounded corners and a different serial number from the one posted above. I still want to find a legit copy of SS6 that does not run me over $350.
    In case of 'PM BOX FULL ANXIETY' , E-MAIL ME

bigbearatdreamamusement.net replace "at" with an "@"

I'd like to sincerely THANK everybody that supported SHOCKbox over the (EST 2001) 8 - 9 years I did it.
    is stocking the SHOCKbox right now!! They also have a huge library of SHOCKbox inserts for DL and or printing.
    LE GEEK SHOCKbox inserts

I'm not protecting myself from you....I'M PROTECTING YOU FROM ME.
    SKYWAY PRO Keep this a secret!

SHOCKbox Developer
    That's the way I feel in regards to purchasing the original but in the meantime a 50 USD repro is a good hold over and the only boot title I would consider purchasing.
    BB

I'd like to sincerely THANK everybody that supported SHOCKbox over the (EST 2001) 8 - 9 years I did it.
    is stocking the SHOCKbox right now!! They also have a huge library of SHOCKbox inserts for DL and or printing.
    LE GEEK SHOCKbox inserts

I live opposite Lachlan..
    I have a Telescope...
    NUFF' SAID!

Wow, I hope no one here with the intention of buying a legitimate release got burned.

Seriously though, IMO these boots should not be supported as it only encourages the makers to make more. Aren't bootlegs one of the main causes for the SNK's downfall?

It's only a matter of time before Atomiswave multicarts start showing up.

Rosa's Tag-Tea

I'd love a sega STV multicart I wish the pirates had enough motivation to do something like that.

psn: mistercomplexz SFV fighter ID1:mistercomplexz ID2:JEESHYNESS
    Jee Shyness, dirty analogue hiphop and electronic beats.

There Can be Only One SetaSouji??'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pando View Post
    Wow, I hope no one here with the intention of buying a legitimate release got burned.

Seriously though, IMO these boots should not be supported as it only encourages the makers to make more. Aren't bootlegs one of the main causes for the SNK's downfall?
    Well, considering the last atomiswave game to be made was in 2009, and you could only RENT that particular cartridge... I don't think it matters anymore
    When I figure out how I got here I'll let you know

JammaNationX

Quote Originally Posted by Pando View Post

SNK's downfall was mostly due to high production costs which led to high price tags which led to little market share. If the prices of the games and console were only $50 more than any of the other systems out at the time then it would have been very different in outcome because of the quality of the product and power of the console. But the AES was about $300+ more than other consoles at the time and games were 4-6+ times higher also.

NAM-75 Vet

I haven't got MS6 yet buts it s a boot. I went ahead and filed a claim anyways. The seller has another auction with the boot serial plainly listed.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Metal-Slug-6-Ato...item23112c587b

If he would of listed his initial auction clearly then this wouldn't be an issue, however the seller is trying to pass them off as real.
    http://img855.imageshack.us/img855/1130/blastcitylogo.jpg

Science will find a way!

Someone bought a boot of SS6 for over $160 just the other day.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=170645653883

I've served my time in the Dark Army.
    Have you?

Quote Originally Posted by redfield0009 View Post
    I haven't got MS6 yet buts it s a boot. I went ahead and filed a claim anyways. The seller has another auction with the boot serial plainly listed.

If he would of listed his initial auction clearly then this wouldn't be an issue, however the seller is trying to pass them off as real.
    The seller, mai4lu, has several other fake atomiswave carts listed. Has put up pictures of the bootleg pcbs and removed "100% orginal" from the auction listing.

I have a feeling that this seller didn't know it was a boot. Otherwise he would not have uploaded pics of the pcb.

Armored Scrum Object

Beware there´s lot of bootlegs going on ebay right now and people are paying so much of them

Cham Cham's Banana

I could be wrong, but I think there are other serial numbers that are boots. It looks like some that are listed as English version carts have different serial numbers than the ones listed in this thread. There's a guy on ebay right now from France that looks to be selling boots, but his serial numbers don't match the ones from this thread. FYI.

Armored Scrum Object

I have reported one MS6 I was bidding that but I realised it was boot!

NAM-75 Vet

I reported all the metal slug 6 auctions. Checked just now and ebay pulled them. This will help my claim

SHOCKbox Developer
    Square cornered label and there's like 1/16 of black background missing above the image..
    Samurai Shodown 6 Legit Label
    BB
    Someone bought a boot of SS6 for over $160 just the other day.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=170645653883
    Last edited by BIG BEAR; 05-30-2011 at 04:19 PM.

LE GEEK SHOCKbox inserts

NAM-75 Vet

Well I got refunded, "The picture is for reference only, but I don't want an unsatisfied buyer. I hope this satisfies you and I apologize for any inconvenience." The seller also listed the game again, It really pisses me off when people keep trying to scam.

In other news I'm off to alibaba to grab a 30 dollar copy, lmao.
    Last edited by redfield0009; 05-30-2011 at 06:55 PM.

SHOCKbox Developer
    So he never posted it to you,correct?
    BB

Well I got refunded, "The picture is for reference only, but I don't want an unsatisfied buyer. I hope this satisfies you and I apologize for any inconvenience." The seller also listed the game again, It really pisses me off when people keep trying to scam.

In other news I'm off to alibaba to grab a 30 dollar copy, lmao.

LE GEEK SHOCKbox inserts

NAM-75 Vet

Quote Originally Posted by BIG BEAR View Post
    So he never posted it to you,correct?
    BB
    There is a tracking number but it just says that electronic shipping info was received. Odds are it wasn't shipped, and if it was I'll just mail it back.

Annex Florida Coalition
    Goodwill Ambassador

Looks like Neotropolis fell for one.
    Last edited by gum_drops; 05-30-2011 at 08:47 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by garoudensetsu View Post
    Yes it take some time for it but now out of closet and open for sex from men. I homosexual proudly declare it to all to see. None of that weight can be over shoulders anymore. Regards

Thread Information