Atomiswave Bootleg Carts

loegan43

I've served my time in the Dark Army., Have you?,
15 Year Member
Don't know if it is widely known or not yet, but there are bootleg carts of several Atomiswave games available that look very closely like the originals. They look very similar, but the labels are off and all have the same serial numbers.

Two chinese companies that I know of manufacture them: Xing Le and San Star LTD. They sell them for $50 each shipped.

No suprise, Billd420 just posted over at KLOV trying to sell them for $200 each. Hopefully nobody over there or here gets taken advantage of.

The cart serial numbers from the Xing Le website are:

MS6 3500510
SSVI 3000086
NGBC 1702636
KOV 0901669
DB 0701200
RF 1401163
GGI 1100342
NW 1702036
FOTNS 3400167
KOFXI 3200964
DFR 0601236

BIG BEAR

SHOCKbox Developer,
20 Year Member
oh WOW... thank you for that info. I was a bit nervous!!!
BB

loegan43

15 Year Member
Beware, I've seen a couple of these show up on Ebay recently too. Always check the serial number in the photo and verify with the seller that it's not a chinese bootleg.

loegan43

15 Year Member
yeah I noticed all the ms6's on ebay recently

there's an ebay seller rtlgames from australia listing a bunch of them on ebay and they all have the same serials i mentioned.

BIG BEAR

SHOCKbox Developer,
20 Year Member
I was wondering what was going on!!! ARGH!!!
Thanks again!
BB

there's an ebay seller rtlgames from australia listing a bunch of them on ebay and they all have the same serials i mentioned.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
The cart serial numbers from the Xing Le website are:

NGBC 1702636

Funny how they messed that one up. The first 2 digits should be 28 not 17, that's Neowave.

Pretty messed up Bill is trying to screw people over.

Adderall

Leona's Therapist
Are there any issues with gameplay? I'd be interested in seeing the inside of one too...

caren103

King's Dry Cleaner
Thank you for this thread: me myself was thinking about buying one!

I've noticed some sellers in the picture put a "NEW" or similar, just above the serial number (so you can not see it).

loegan43

15 Year Member
From what I read, the carts play fine are for boots are pretty well made. You can buy them from alibaba dot com. They come out to $50 shipped to your door. Guess the only way to confirm you are getting an original cart is to have the seller open it up and take a picture.

themisterfalcon

Buriki-One Fight Promoter
15 Year Member
Awesome news. $30-50 Sam Sho 6 sounds just right.

I fucking love China.

SetaSouji??

There Can be Only One
I ordered an MS6 to see how it plays in contrast to a legit copy as well as take it apart and shit. If they play flawlessly, the AW market is gonna take a nosedive.

hyper

fresh out of fucks
10 Year Member
I ordered an MS6 to see how it plays in contrast to a legit copy as well as take it apart and shit. If they play flawlessly, the AW market is gonna take a nosedive.
really curious about the results of your comparison.. been keen on picking up an AW & this is interesting.

Last edited:

astrodan88

King's Dry Cleaner
Awesome news. $30-50 Sam Sho 6 sounds just right.

I'm curious to see how they play, but I hate to see the market flooded with bootlegs. Some assholes are going to rip people off with these.
The arcade otaku wiki says some may have problems or glitches. It mentions SS6 specifically so I would proceed with caution. Of course, in the end you'd only be out $50

Adderall

Leona's Therapist
Are they only only making bootlegs of the games that will sell?

I'd like to get a cheap horse racing one to mess around with and figure out the touchscreen commands. Also, what about support for the mobo add-ons? I guess time will answer these.....

redfield0009

Sieger's Squire
Sorry brother, but I'm guessing with the flood of them it'll be a boot. There was a bunch of the Slug 6 ones on ebay recently.

The auction lasted only a few hours. The seller had 10 with a bin of 175. I had never heard of a boot cart when it came to atomiswave games. I'm sure he just ran an auction, made a shit load of cash and then placed an order for 10 carts. That's some shady shit. Guess I got to wait for it to come in the mail before I file a claim.

alec

Hardcore Neoholic
15 Year Member
The auction lasted only a few hours. The seller had 10 with a bin of 175. I had never heard of a boot cart when it came to atomiswave games. I'm sure he just ran an auction, made a shit load of cash and then placed an order for 10 carts. That's some shady shit. Guess I got to wait for it to come in the mail before I file a claim.

That sucks man, hope you weren't the guy who bought 8 of them at once from that auction. Ouch!

redfield0009

Sieger's Squire
Someone bought 8? Damn, I just bought one. I was going to make a post letting people know that there were some cheap MS6 carts on ebay, but when I checked the auction they were all sold. I had no idea that boots were being made, and the sellers 100 feedback had me sold. Oh well lesson learned.

I will however get some carts off alibaba now. Too cheap to pass up IMO.

pixeljunkie

Whilst Drunk., I Found God., Booze = Bad.,
20 Year Member
i have a few of these. In comparison to my real carts, they're pretty solid. For instance, I bought a SS6 and FOTNS not knowing they were boots for about $150 a pop quite awhile back. The only one that has glitches is the background in the whitehouse stage on SS6 [conspiracy!] doesn't affect the gameplay though and it's just a little messy on that one stage. I'm not crying over it. I bought 'em to play.

BIG BEAR

SHOCKbox Developer,
20 Year Member
How did you identify them as being boots? Was it by the serial on the label? I'm pretty sure I have originals not just by the serial. My copies show wear on the label and the interface so they've been around for a bit, NOT BRAND NEW like what that one auction states.
Since these carts were scarce to begin with,I wouldn't mind an MS6 reproduction at the 50 USD price tag.
BB

i have a few of these. In comparison to my real carts, they're pretty solid. For instance, I bought a SS6 and FOTNS not knowing they were boots for about $150 a pop quite awhile back. The only one that has glitches is the background in the whitehouse stage on SS6 [conspiracy!] doesn't affect the gameplay though and it's just a little messy on that one stage. I'm not crying over it. I bought 'em to play.