Cool stuff to see/do/buy in Turku?

Jibbajaba

Ralfredacc's Worst Nightmare
10 Year Member
Hey,

I am in Turku and will be for the next two weeks. Looking for some recommendations as to what I should make sure I go see or do. Any video game or collectibles shops here that I should check out?

Thanks!

Chris

finngamer

Big Bang Pro Wrestler
Not that many, but you might want to check out Gameparadise.

http://www.gameparadise.fi/catalog/

Most games are overpriced and the service leaves a bit to hope for, but go check them out, you might find something. The address is Brahenkatu 10 in Turku, right in the center.

Late

Reichsf?rer-Finnland,
20 Year Member
I don't know about gaming-related stuff but blanko is a nice club/restaurant. You might also like the Cosmic Comic Cafè, it's at Kauppiaskatu 4.

In general, Turku is a great summer city, just hang around, have a few beers in the park, visit the archipelago, etc...

Jibbajaba

10 Year Member
Thanks guys. I wasn't just asking about game-related stuff, but just whatever there is to do that's cool. So far I've eaten at some tasty restaurants, visited the castle, walked all over the city center, and walked along the Aura. Still have another week though, so definitely still up for suggestions. I will check out both the game store and that restaurant. Thanks!

Chris

aria

Former Moderator
When I was in Turku I really only had time to check out the cathedral --I'd took an overnight ferry from Stockholm and departed from the train station.

The history of Turku is fascinating --I assume you've done Helsinki? How about visiting the Åland Islands?

Jibbajaba

10 Year Member
The cathedral is awesome. I actually haven't been to Helsinki. I am here for work, so I'm busy 8-5 every day, and I was only here for one weekend, which I spent checking out Turku. I did go to Naantali last night, but that's probably as far as I will get. Chances are that I'll be coming here again at some point, so maybe then I can venture out. So really I just have my evenings free (and this Saturday all day, leaving on Sunday) so I am just looking for local stuff to check out. They do a pretty god job here of telling you what's up, but I thought that someone who either lives here in Finland or has been here before might have known of an "off the beaten path" kind of deal that I should check out. Definitely have enjoyed my stay so far.

Thanks,

Chris