After lurking for almost a decade...

arcwyvern

King's Dry Cleaner
Hello all,
I've been reading these forums since 2002 when buying home carts was just a dream to a college freshman. I'm all grown up now, with grown up money, and after FINALLY starting an AES collection early last year, I've decided to join in on the boards. So with that said, I come in peace.

rarehero

Rotterdam Nation Resident,
20 Year Member
Is your handle a dragon warrior nod?
Welcome to the fray.
I was looking at my home cart collection the other day,
and could only think about which carts displeased me
due to them not being in better condition.
I'm pretty happy with my mvs carts.
I rarely buy home carts anymore.
Too much to contend with to buy it in good shape sometimes.
Anyways.
Hi.

arcwyvern

King's Dry Cleaner
I started buying carts that I would have killed for as a kid. FFS, world heroes 2 jet, etc. Nothing in horrible shape but not super mint. I live nearby a great store that has had a great aes selection for a long time. I bought my US system there too.
I just started stepping up to late 90's-00's titles with eBay (jp versions because I'm not loaded). I bought kof 2002 and SVC on the neostore. I'm at a point now (14 home carts) where unless I turn up a great find, I'm temporarily cutting myself off to fully enjoy what I have. They look so good on a shelf, even if they aren't in perfect condition. Plus the 13 year old version of me would flip out if he saw what I had now!

rarehero

20 Year Member
Yea, it's cool to have the games we've so coveted as children.
I know I broke the bank last month because I became so spastic
after seeing nos of magician lord, riding hero, aso II, raguy, and nam 75 at a local store.
I picked up riding hero, aso, and nam 75 just out of pure impulse.
I kinda have buyers remorse about aso and riding hero,
but nam was worth it.
Anyways, doubly nice to have entirely new carts.
nothing like opening them up for the first time and getting hit by that metallic plastic smell.

arcwyvern

King's Dry Cleaner
I bought nos super spy and aso. That smell is something my girlfriend just doesn't understand. I actually really enjoy aso. It is so damned hard! Just wish you didn't have to pound the shit out of the A button. I found an almost perfect copy Nam without the stupid censorship marks. It was only 25US! Such a great 2P game.

ForeverSublime

6400|!!|Kyo Clone
20 Year Member
It's a great feeling to get the pleasure you dreamed about for years. Enjoy your system.

arcwyvern

King's Dry Cleaner
Getting my neo was like a true nerd life goal. I've had a few other opportunities in the past to snag one but they'd be cracked, jp (I was holding out for US), or just too much $$$. I waited and got a US in the low 13000's for $225. It's in great shape too. Now I want a cheapy jp system to hack up with unibios and component just to keep my US pristine.

IDCHAPPY

The Mad Jock.
Welcome aboard man, if you come for Neo stuff, there's no better place on the net and there's a top crowd of people on here too :-)

Grandmaster B

B. Jenet's Firstmate
Welcome to the forum, and good luck with your collection. I still remember how great it was to receive my first few AES games...

WoodyXP

Setsuna's Owl Keeper,
15 Year Member
Welcome aboard. Enjoy the experience of finally having a NEO. I remember when I first got mine I would snort the vinyl casing of SamSho until I got high. It was great.

Late

Reichsf?rer-Finnland,
20 Year Member
Good stuff man, welcome to the forums.

rarehero

20 Year Member
I bought nos super spy and aso. That smell is something my girlfriend just doesn't understand. I actually really enjoy aso. It is so damned hard! Just wish you didn't have to pound the shit out of the A button. I found an almost perfect copy Nam without the stupid censorship marks. It was only 25US! Such a great 2P game.

Believe it or not that is the reason why I never picked it up originally.
I would always find it with a censor bar so I would always pass it up.

arcwyvern

King's Dry Cleaner
I mean I'm not crazy anal about keeping my collection museum quality at all but a Nam75 with sharpie on awesome 90's cleavage has no place in my home.

Zellez

King's Dry Cleaner
I started buying carts that I would have killed for as a kid. FFS, world heroes 2 jet, etc. Nothing in horrible shape but not super mint. I live nearby a great store that has had a great aes selection for a long time. I bought my US system there too.
I just started stepping up to late 90's-00's titles with eBay (jp versions because I'm not loaded). I bought kof 2002 and SVC on the neostore. I'm at a point now (14 home carts) where unless I turn up a great find, I'm temporarily cutting myself off to fully enjoy what I have. They look so good on a shelf, even if they aren't in perfect condition. Plus the 13 year old version of me would flip out if he saw what I had now!

Same reasons I got (again) into the Neo some years ago. Always dreamed those games, but at the time of their first release I was just a kid with not enough money. Be aware tho, this is an addictive hooby ;D

Anyways, doubly nice to have entirely new carts.
nothing like opening them up for the first time and getting hit by that metallic plastic smell.

Few days ago I was talking with a friend about it. Nowadays the majority of my carts don't have that "fantastic" smell anymore. I remember when I bought the first games around 2001 and would spend minutes sniffing the cart before insert it inside the neo slot!

pipes

DO NOT DEAL WITH!!!, DEAL OUTSTANDING!
Welcome. It's always nice to have some grown up money.