Just got a 360: What fighting games should I get????

Tung Fu ru

Actual Musician,
20 Year Member
Hey, my fiance just bought us a 360 w/the Kinect bundle, which kinda sucks cus now I have to buy a hard drive for it (and there aren't very many games worth playing on the Kinect). But anyways, I bought SSFIV right away since I know I wanted that first. I'm getting the Tekken 6 bundle with the fighting stick, basically since it seems like the best deal on a fighting stick at $60 for a game and controller. Not a huge Tekken fan, but some are cool.

What other fighting games should I get for this system? Tried the demo of NGBC, not so sure how crazy I am about that, how does the full game compare? I plan on doing a lot of online matches, so games with good online play would be great.

Also, my gamertag is TungFuRu82, add me and let's play some SSFIV!....Even though I suck at it now.

cannonball

Master Brewer, Genzai Sake Co.
15 Year Member
MvC3 and MK9 are both great, but the online play is pretty substandard for both titles. Of course, they're both very new so that could change at any time. HD Remix has OK online play. Sam Sho 2 had horrible online play the last time I got on that, but could have been due to whoever I was playing.

MilkManX

I Love Frames!,
Super SF IV, Marvel vs Capcom 3, KOF 98 UM,KOF 2k2 UM,Garou, Samurai 2!

Hit me up on XBL if you want to play. :)

Tung Fu ru

Actual Musician,
20 Year Member
Thanks. How about that Blaze Blue game, is that any good? How about Virtua Fighter V?

Does anyone play those SNK games online? SSII sounds interesting if anyone plays, Garou sounds even better....

The online aspect is a must for me since it really adds a lot of replay and so few of my friends play fighting games. Not to mention if it's a Neo-Geo game, I probably already have the cart.

hyper

fresh out of fucks
10 Year Member
XBLA has some decent Neo Geo Ports up, check em out, the online play for samurai shodown isn't too bad.

MilkManX

I Love Frames!,
VF5 and Tekken 6 are pretty good on XBLA too.

KOF 2k2 UM has really nice netcode.

;)

Moon Jump

Alfred Garcia's Butler
VF5's netplay was pretty good but good luck finding people. Last time I played it I lucked out and found two people. Marvel 3 and MK9 have so-so connections. The best seems to be Super Street Fighter IV. Lots of stuff to do and with Arcade Edition coming out this summer it's just going to add to the already great stuff they have. Tekken 6 works well but the people playing are really good and I'm not much of a challenge. The SNK games are a mixed bag. I've got both UM games, (99 and 2k2) and the net code is horrible. I was playing with my friend a state away and we were getting a lot of lag.

alec

Hardcore Neoholic
15 Year Member
I honestly feel MVC2 is the best game on the console, I know it's not too popular on this forum though.

KaPH33n

Sieger's Squire
I honestly feel MVC2 is the best game on the console, I know it's not too popular on this forum though.
Thank you very much, sir.

As for fighting games on 360, these are the ones I have:
HD Remix
Vanilla SF4
Blazblue CT
MVC2
Super 4
MVC3

Also, that tekken stick is garbage. Just do a little research about it before you buy one. That said, the price is right including a game... if you like tekken. I'd get something like the sf4 se where it's still pretty cheap and you can mod the parts later if you so choose. You can get the tekken 5 ps2 stick cases hella cheap and put a hacked 360 pad or something inside. That case accepts japanese parts like sanwa and seimitsu.

Tung Fu ru

Actual Musician,
20 Year Member
Also, that tekken stick is garbage. Just do a little research about it before you buy one. That said, the price is right including a game... if you like tekken. I'd get something like the sf4 se where it's still pretty cheap and you can mod the parts later if you so choose. You can get the tekken 5 ps2 stick cases hella cheap and put a hacked 360 pad or something inside. That case accepts japanese parts like sanwa and seimitsu.

Yeah, unfortunately the reviews I saw online were positive, so I jumped on it. Now that I have it, I'm not too sure how much I like it. I'll give it a week or two to try to get used to it, but we'll see. Looking online it looks like it's pretty easy to swap out the buttons and joystick pretty easily, and I'm pretty sure I have a joystick laying around. Which would be a HAPP which is what's on my SF3 cab, what I'm used to. So luckily, it should be cheap to mod.

Not so sure how much I'm digging Tekken 6, but I've never been a big fan of the series, nor am I any good at it either. But who knows, after I get a little more used to the controls, it might grow on me. Blazeblue looks interesting, and can be found for cheap. So I might pick that up next. Not too sure if I want MvC2, NGBC, MoTW, or what. I would much rather get SF3TS, but I haven't heard of that coming out anytime soon.