CPS2 battery life span.... 17 years???

massimiliano

ネオジオ,
20 Year Member
Yep, I changed a '93 battery in 2008, working flawlessy.

Tiran batteries datasheet claim "shelf" discharge 1%-year.

Anyway, CPS2 is a piece of cake, just take a sunday morning every 7 years...

Btw, I need SNES cr2032 replacement batteries (no mod required type) and some CPS2/3 batt as well...any shop in Europe shipping lithium items to Italy!?

vasilas432

Fake account, shill troll for Christophe Ratel. Us
Guys I am interested to buy a CPS1 and the board is "phoenixed" is this a bad thing?

Tyranix95

Chang's Grocer
CPS1 and CPS1.5 boards are revived. (CPS2 boards are Phoenixed or Clean Decrypted.) And, no it's not a bad thing if a legit (official) Capcom board set is revived with the Dead Battery Society code. It's better to have a working game that everyone can play than a dead game that nobody can play.

In other words, that is to say, the dead game is brought back to life. So, if a Three Wonders board died: then a Three Wonders board is revived.

But, a problem occurs when someone finds a way to use revive code to get the legit (offical) board set to play a different game. For example: Converting a SF2 board to play Three Wonders. Or, Converting a SF2 board to play PUN or C&D.

Last edited:

bwi

20 Year Member
Ive put new batteries in a few, and only one has died on me while changing the battery. Probably takes me less than 2 minutes to do one, so was suprised when one died on me.

bustedstr8

Trollbox Trade Federation,
The capacitor in save circuit is aging too. It could be completely dried out or severely degraded,
giving you much less time to perform a battery swap.

vasilas432

Last edited:

shadows

Mature's Make-up Artist
First thing you should do, is to avoid jojoultimate superguns. They are very shoddy... Plenty of people have complained about them.
Something like this would be way better, http://www.smallcab.net/product_info.php?cPath=56&products_id=213 or a vogatek supergun or just about anything else would be better.

Second thing you should do, is find another seller for that Street Fighter board. Just do a search for that seller..

vasilas432

First thing you should do, is to avoid jojoultimate superguns. They are very shoddy... Plenty of people have complained about them.
Something like this would be way better, http://www.smallcab.net/product_info.php?cPath=56&products_id=213 or a vogatek supergun or just about anything else would be better.

Second thing you should do, is find another seller for that Street Fighter board. Just do a search for that seller..
Thank you for the advice. Seller for the board deleted also jojoultimate rejected. I found this http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mk-5-Vogatek-Supergun-NTSC-/150991050753?pt=UK_Video_Games_Coin_Operated_MJ&hash=item2327c49801 but it does have only composite and svideo so the SmallCab Delux Supergun v1.5 seems way better choice!

Asure

Captain Dick,
+1 on the smallcab gun. I've got one myself recently, and it is a really nice piece of hardware. I'm using the 'light' version though, at €29.90 you can't really beat that! (with a small cable into my 1084S monitor, modded DC Arcade stick.. ah good times.)

vasilas432

Do you put the smallcab gun and the atx supply in a custom box or something or there is everything free here and there?

shadows

Mature's Make-up Artist
You can if you want to. Otherwise just 4 pcb feet is good enough.

vasilas432

...and what do you need the multimeter for?

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
What about the PSU? You don't need to put an ATX PSU then?
you'll get a (slightly modified?) Arcade PSU with the MAK for 35€ extra. It's not pretty but it works great, has a potentiometer to regulate the +5V and only a 4-pin molex to connect to the supergun. I have it stored out of sight and connected with a nice extension cord.

602623_10152168934305942_1059774087_n.jpg

vasilas432

you'll get a (slightly modified?) Arcade PSU with the MAK for 35€ extra. It's not pretty but it works great, has a potentiometer to regulate the +5V and only a 4-pin molex to connect to the supergun. I have it stored out of sight and connected with a nice extension cord.

602623_10152168934305942_1059774087_n.jpg
sounds really good and interesting? Has all voltage outputs that somebody may need?

Asure

Captain Dick,
I don't see any advantage in using the arcadeforge unit versus the smallcab.net design.
The smallcab one is about three times cheaper. You can use the money you save to get an arcade PSU. (Also, €35 for an arcade psu is a little much.)

If you only want to play MVS & PCB games from say 1990's and upwards, there's little to no need for an adjustable PSU, and you can do it with a spare PC atx power supply you have around the house, maybe from an old pc. That's assuming you have some neo geo sticks to plug into the supergun.

Why spend 100+ euros (74.95 for the supergun,35 for a psu, ex shipping..) when you can get away with 30,- ?

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
when I bought it, Jochen (arcadeforge) had a preorder special going on, the price was 56€ or so. I still think the arcadeforge design is pretty neat, looks a litte more solid than the smallcab. having the optional case is good... but you're righ, if I did set out to buy a supergun now I'd think hard if I needed the integrated multimeter. What's cool about it is that you can set the supergun to the right voltage before you attach it to the PCB.

vasilas432

when I bought it, Jochen (arcadeforge) had a preorder special going on, the price was 56€ or so. I still think the arcadeforge design is pretty neat, looks a litte more solid than the smallcab. having the optional case is good... but you're righ, if I did set out to buy a supergun now I'd think hard if I needed the integrated multimeter. What's cool about it is that you can set the supergun to the right voltage before you attach it to the PCB.
Jochen is currently working on this http://bencao74.blogspot.de/2013/02/supergun-mak-strike-enclosure-mockup.html
Very interesting!

Asure

Captain Dick,
What's cool about it is that you can set the supergun to the right voltage before you attach it to the PCB.
That's not how it works, the voltage will be different under load or under no load.. When there's no PCB attached, it will be lower than with an actual PCB. So you need to do it 'live' with the jamma gun connected to the game..