Scammed By lspear76

neoconverted

Banned
Member lspear76 is a SCAMMER!

I bought from him the 6 april 2011 :Kof 97 US(no manual ) 160 dollars ship include.
http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showthread.php?224174-FS-Robo-Army-Neo-AES-Neo-CD-Systems

After near 1 month , he never send me the tracking number (USPS) , he say always " wait tomorrow for the tracking " ..... 1 month like that with the same answer !!!!

He tell me " the game are on way, don't worry "
And now , after 1 month , I see the game are available for sale again ...... this is joke !!!!!

And the last message from this guy is :

"Since you are in France, there is little seller protection. You will receive a refund this week from your not received claim. Thank you. "

I pay via paypal the 6 april 2011 , we are the 4 May 2011 ... and always nothing for me , NO GAME , NO TRACKING , NO MONEY REFUND !!!!! and the kof 97 us again available for sale!!!!!!

Last edited:

neoconverted

Banned
I filed a paypal dispute , hope to see my money back.
lspear76 alias louis spear , He never responded to either the dispute or the claim on paypal.
He just send me PM here for say :
"Since you are in France, there is little seller protection. You will receive a refund this week from your not received claim. Thank you."

Just let me know lspear76 " you tell me 3 times the game has been sent , the game are on way "
And now i see again the game for sale .... UNBELIEVABLE !!!

PM from lspear76

lspear76 the 12 april 2011 : yes, i will provide tracking number later today after work. Thank you very much!
lspear76 the 12 april 2011 : your game has been sent! please enjoy and check paypal later on for tracking number.
lspear76 the 26 april 2011 : hi... i will get the tracking number to you shortly. i have to talk to my girlfriend, she sent it out. don't worry, it's on it's way. -Lou

lspear76 the 28 april 2011 : Hi. I will give u tracking tomorrow (definitely) and give you a shipping credit to your Paypal account. Apologies.

After 3 days i send :Tomorrow of 2014 ? I send the payment via paypal the 6 APRIL 2011.Now we are the 1 may 2011 ... and nothing. No tracking and No game !

lspear76 the 1 may 2011 : Since you are in France, there is little seller protection. You will receive a refund this week from your not received claim. Thank you.

And on lspear76 sale Thread , Last edited by lspear76; Yesterday at 03:42 PM : KOF 97 US back for sale !

Last edited:

IDCHAPPY

The Mad Jock.
26 april 2011 : hi... i will get the tracking number to you shortly. i have to talk to my girlfriend, she sent it out. don't worry, it's on it's way. -Lou

The old my girfriend sent it line, not heard that in awhile :lolz:.
Things can take awhile to go from the US to Europe, but no tracking number and no useful info is just a poor show :oh_no:

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
I filed a paypal dispute , hope to see my money back.
lspear76 alias louis spear , He never responded to either the dispute or the claim on paypal.
He just send me PM here for say :
"Since you are in France, there is little seller protection. You will receive a refund this week from your not received claim. Thank you."
Sounds like bullshit to me. Isn't it the same regardless of where you live?

His thread now reads "U.S. Sales Only" but you live in France and paid for it ... something smells like shit in here.

Last edited:

neoconverted

Banned
My first PM to lspear76
"Hello Im from france , i want buy King of Fighters 97 AES US -- Great condition box, cart, no instructions. $110 Do you ship in france ?
If yes , let me know the price for shipping please.

lspear76 answer :
"Where are you in France, please give me an address and i'll check fed ex international rates. and how fast do you want it? thanks."

and after he send me this :
$50 shipped by USPS International medium rate box. Fed Ex was over $100! Crazy.
Please Paypal $110 + $50 to xxxxxxxx@gmail.com if you would like the game. I will ship Thursday or Friday morning.

Last edited:

Adderall

Leona's Therapist
26 april 2011 : hi... i will get the tracking number to you shortly. i have to talk to my girlfriend, she sent it out. don't worry, it's on it's way. -Lou

The old my girfriend sent it line, not heard that in awhile :lolz:.

that gives a bad name for guys like me who almost always have their GF ship. I hate waiting in line and the post office is by her college.

lspear76

I am a bad seller. Fuck international buyers. Fuck
Not a scammer, look at my feedback. I ship slow at times but my items are high quality.

This guy lives in France and is not verified by PayPal, at least during the time period of the transaction. Absolutely no seller protection. In the end he opened up a PayPal dispute and will receive a full refund which is being processed by PayPal right now. The only delay in the refund was that I called Paypal to talk about their international selling protection. I'm only doing business with USA sellers from now on as my post states. So yes, it is my fault, I should have done more research before doing business with an international customers. I accept full responsibility and he's getting a refund.

And yes, my girlfriend does ship games out for me occasionally. It gets her lazy ass out of the house.

lspear76

And actually, I had no idea he was even this upset about it. I agreed to a full, complete refund and moved on and even put the game back on my sales list. If anyone is not satisfied or wants a full refund, even after they receive the game, as long as you paid with PayPal you are 100% protected. I think his feedback score (0) and number of posts (9) shows that I was correct in questioning the authenticity of the deal and I was correct to call PayPal and contact him asking for a verified address with complete seller protection. Should I have given a refund faster? Absolutely. Once PayPal processes the refund, he'll have his money back to buy all the Ceps and and Truffles he wants.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
I've never had any international customers that were verified, but that's what EMS is for.

Sent from my SGH-i917 using Board Express

shadows

Mature's Make-up Artist
You told him that you sent the game when in fact you never sent him anything.
If you were not comfortable with this deal, why didnt you tell him that a month ago instead of giving him the go around.
Why not refund him as soon as you got the money and saw that you had no protection as a seller?

IDCHAPPY

The Mad Jock.
You told him that you sent the game when in fact you never sent him anything.
If you were not comfortable with this deal, why didnt you tell him that a month ago instead of giving him the go around.
Why not refund him as soon as you got the money and saw that you had no protection as a seller?

Exactly.

lspear76

Yes, I am not familiar with PayPal's rules regarding international shipments so I was in contact with them and PMing the buyer for days and weeks trying to make everyone happy. However it did take a week for him to respond to my PM. I do understand not everyone logs in every day here like me, but I was worried about the transaction, especially for such an awesome, mint, beautiful KOF97 AES cart. I should have probably just given a refund right away, but I wanted to talk to him first about it. His feedback and lack of posts alarmed me, and I didn't want to get scammed like BennyRichards tried to scam me back in the day. He actually did write that he wanted the game and not a refund or he would complain, so I kind of felt like I had my hands tied behind my back... wanting to give the refund but worried about my oh so precious 100% feedback if I just canceled the deal out of protection concerns and gave him a refund.

Again, these are not excuses, I'm just trying to explain what happened and my reasoning. I understand it's my fault as the seller and he's getting a full, complete refund.

lspear76

That's not correct though. I told him I would ship Friday, this was just after the transaction. He's not showing you the other PMs right after that where we discussed the situation once I saw he was not verified. Then it took over a week for him to respond to those PMs so I got even more worried.

I didn't refund the money right away because I wanted to talk to him about it first, but he didn't respond for over one week, thus worrying me more that I was dealing with a ripoff. And when he responded, he said he wanted the game and no refund or he would complain because this is a somewhat rare, beautiful game he had to have.

My only concern is him getting a full, complete refund, thus nobody was "scammed". Then, I'll sell the game to a US buyer, maybe your mom. But I see you live in Canada, so I couldn't sell to you anyway.

Thank you, thank you.

neoconverted

Banned
refund is complete
But for information my paypal is verified !
And it's not true , you never told me about my paypal verified or not !!!! I save all PM's and you never send me a PM about it.
He told me 3 times the game are on the way ..... just 100% liar !
This bad story is close for me.

ObeyMyEgo

Kula's Candy
To be honest. You told him it was shipped.

Not only that. Told him more than once it was and your girl friend sent it out. Then offerd a shipping credit?

Way to be honest with him, if you were that concerned in the first place just refund his money and say when you become a varified paypal user come back. Dont waste the mans time lying to him.

hoop-jones

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
Even if the buyer received a full refund after more than one months (!), this is still a shady way of doing business.

I would not buy from a seller, who has obviously lied more than once during a deal - how should such a behavior build trust?

lspear76

I don't know man. between his broken english, and only showing basically the first and last PMs we've sent to each other, i'd say he's probably a scammer. 0 feedback, unverified paypal, no seller protection. as soon as i offered a refund in the first place he threatened me with bad feedback and did not respond back for over a week, so i was cautious and didn't send the game. if the price to pay for avoiding a scam is a little public ridicule by mainstreamers without any first hand knowledge of the situation, that's fine with me. it's worth it.

and just to let you know, other people love doing business with me on here. i just sold and shipped kof97 to a verified, u.s. customer, even after all this drama has been made public. that goes to show you who is more believable. i also have great items and besides mr. france, great feedback.

lspear76

You got a complete refund, and someone else from the USA, who is verified and trustworthy, purchased the game. Case is closed. You have 9 posts and 0 feedback.

sammybean

Shigen's Fitness Trainer
Nothing's shown you as "more reliable", he paid, he's obviously reliable.. And you've had every opportunity to yourself post PM's and turn the situation around if you were indeed innocent, so don't complain about public ridicule if you've made no real attempts to try to defend yourself.

NGT

J. M Club, ,
20 Year Member
You got a complete refund, and someone else from the USA, who is verified and trustworthy, purchased the game. Case is closed. You have 9 posts and 0 feedback.

You have 186 posts and 5 feedback in 6 years. Don't get too cocky there buddy, lol. I don't see any reason to call the guy in France a scammer. He paid, you said you sent the game, and didn't. Then he called you on it, made a PP claim, and got a refund. How is he the scammer? I may be missing something 3 1/2 beers into this bulls/ATL game, but...

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
I don't know man. between his broken english, and only showing basically the first and last PMs we've sent to each other, i'd say he's probably a scammer. 0 feedback, unverified paypal, no seller protection. as soon as i offered a refund in the first place he threatened me with bad feedback and did not respond back for over a week, so i was cautious and didn't send the game. if the price to pay for avoiding a scam is a little public ridicule by mainstreamers without any first hand knowledge of the situation, that's fine with me. it's worth it.

and just to let you know, other people love doing business with me on here. i just sold and shipped kof97 to a verified, u.s. customer, even after all this drama has been made public. that goes to show you who is more believable. i also have great items and besides mr. france, great feedback.

That still doesn't answer why you lied to him about shipping the game.
Seller protection or no seller protection, doesn't fucking matter, you lied to him.