Bibliophile (Waseem Daker) Murder Case Update

lovecraft

n00b
What happened to the video with the fat asian guy talking to Bibs ? I can't find it anymore on YT ^^

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
I'm just keeping my fingers crossed hoping he gets a fair trial with this new turn of events. I know Waseem is innocent, hopefully the people that matter will come to the same conclusion.

SML

NEANDERTHAL FUCKER,
20 Year Member
Lawyers, what should we be watching for now?

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
When does he get out of prison? I've heard of other stories where eyewitnesses recanted their testimonies, yet the convicted still stay in prison years after the fact.

SML

NEANDERTHAL FUCKER,
20 Year Member
Don't trust your soul to no backwoods Southern lawyer.

That's my fear, too. This is Georgia we're talking about.

hashiriya1

n00b
hashiriya1 can you please provide more info on the TV program that features Waseem, title and episode number if possible, so I can do some searches?

I don't know what show she was watching. I just walked in the room, watched that part, then left. Sorry.

hyper

fresh out of fucks
10 Year Member
some tv lawyers have been reporting on this update saying that "lotti"'s retraction may very well mean nothing, that she's too unstable to be taken seriously

Tacitus

Volatile Memory Construct - SN://0467839
Staff member
What happened to the video with the fat asian guy talking to Bibs ? I can't find it anymore on YT ^^

I don't know where the hell he is. For all I care, he could be hanging by his neck in his fuckin' closet

some tv lawyers have been reporting on this update saying that "lotti"'s retraction may very well mean nothing, that she's too unstable to be taken seriously

I have a hard time framing that. So she was stable enough to help convict someone, but too unstable to un-convict someone?

hyper

fresh out of fucks
10 Year Member
I imagine it would put egg on the faces of the prosecutors eager to send bibs to jail for life

FalcomAdol

Fio's Quartermaster
I'm not really well versed in the law, but if I understand the situation, the state/county brought the charges against him. If he did get acquitted he could not be charged for the same crime at a federal level. However if the victims family believed he did it, they could file a civil lawsuit as a wrongful death and it could go to court. Best example of this was OJ Simpson. He was acquitted on all charges by the state, but the brown family filed a wrongful death lawsuit and he lost that one. If any of this is incorrect, please someone correct me as I stated my knowledge of the legal system is minimal.
If he was acquitted, he would be unable to be charged on the same counts. If he won an acquittal on appeal, then he would be unable to be charged on the same counts. Mistrial is not a possibility here because he was already convicted. US law is not based on the "reality of facts" it's an adversarial system. He didn't provide a proper defense for himself, the law provides that he would be provided a lawyer if he couldn't afford one, and he rejected it.

It was a big mistake, but I guess he must have thought it was such a ridiculous bullshit story on it's face that no one would believe it. When a jury is listening to a guy they're being told is a murderer, and then they're listening to a bunch of lawyers who all say he's a murderer, 99 times out of a hundred they take the bait from the lawyers.

Last edited:

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
Always get a lawyer. Always.

Even if it seems like a simple friendly disagreement, you get an f'n lawyer.
Ever see what happens in a divorce when it's supposedly amicable and one person gets a lawyer? I love those stories.

DXMachina

Ninja Combat Warrior
Jesus, I haven't been on these forums in ages outside of the occasional sales post. What the fuck happened? Can I get the short version?

hyper

fresh out of fucks
10 Year Member
bibs believed the mystical powers of ninjutsu were on his side

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
Now if Bibs could only get the kid to retract his testimony as well.

aria

Former Moderator
Now if Bibs could only get the kid to retract his testimony as well.

Hah, as bad as I feel for the kid, his testimony was shit: (1) he was a small child, (2) he was being stabbed and in a panic, (3) he couldn't see the face of his attacker, and (4) he got the only identifying feature of his attacker that he did see (eye color) incorrect.

Fuzzytaco

Long Dong Silver.,
10 Year Member
After intermittently reading these posts, I have one question, did Biliophile put his penis inside that sobbing tub of goo on the forum banner?.

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
Hey guys, do you think we could pool our money together and get him a PSP?

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Hey guys, do you think we could pool our money together and get him a PSP?

Do you know what email address Tonk uses for his paypal account? I'm cool with having him organize the purchase of a PSP for Bibs.

Jon

Mr. Tater
20 Year Member
After intermittently reading these posts, I have one question, did Biliophile put his penis inside that sobbing tub of goo on the forum banner?.

From what I've read, that was the bulk of his case, that he had sex with her. There was very little, from him, that was said in regards to the rest the evidence the prosecution presented in court.

Jon