Page 52 of 53 FirstFirst ... 242484950515253 LastLast
Results 1,276 to 1,300 of 1312

Thread: What anime are you watching?

Clow Warlord of Neo-Geo...for one glorious day!
    The CLOW Empire as the Warlord of CLOW!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Renmauzo View Post
    Attn: Arcademan - Thought I'd put out this PSA for you that there is a new season of Cardcaptor Sakura called Cardcaptor Sakura Clear Card. It seems to be a straight sequel/continuation of the series.
    Been watching it and loving it. Glad all the original voices and animation are back and yes, it IS a continuation of the original series

"Everything will surely be all right." 「絶対大丈夫だよ。」, "Zettai daijōbu da yo."
    "Force without Master, heed the call of my Staff of Dreams, and become my power! SECURE!!!"

B. Jenet's Firstmate

FLCL Progressive and Alternative Combo Trailer

Belnar Institute Student

They've finally gotten around to doing another season of Tokyo Ghoul, I'm really hoping for an improvement over the fucking abysmal second season that made some bafflingly stupid changes from the manga that made no real sense. I mean, I still enjoyed season 2 for what it was, it just didn't meet the high standard set by the first season. I guess we'll see when it starts airing in April, My Hero Academia is also getting another season in April, so that should be fun. There's a ton of other stuff that sounds like it has potential coming out in the next few months, you can check out a pretty comprehensive list of the upcoming Spring season of shows here: https://myanimelist.net/anime/season
    Personally I'll probably also be giving Devil's Line a look, just because we haven't gotten very many Vampire based Anime's in recent years
    Last edited by NeuroticMoose; 03-21-2018 at 09:37 PM.

I've been slowly watching Made in Abyss since Anime Strike went belly-up and all of its stuff starting streaming for free on Prime. Great show... it's Ghibli-esque in most respects, but has serious teeth with regards to children suffering consequences for their actions and risk-taking. Granted, Ghibli's stuff itself has that aspect, but not to this extent. The tone here is carefree up until things go wrong, then it quickly turns brutal.

A Joala is for Life.
    Not Just Christmas.

Quote Originally Posted by neojedi View Post
    I've been slowly watching Made in Abyss since Anime Strike went belly-up and all of its stuff starting streaming for free on Prime. Great show... it's Ghibli-esque in most respects, but has serious teeth with regards to children suffering consequences for their actions and risk-taking. Granted, Ghibli's stuff itself has that aspect, but not to this extent. The tone here is carefree up until things go wrong, then it quickly turns brutal.
    Sounds interesting, will give this a go
    Spice god of Borneo...my two greatest assets have been mental stability and being, like, really smart

In truth be told
    You Have a
    Crappy username.

Took me a while to get in to the animation style of Made in Abyss but it's definitely worth watching.

The wife and I are currently making our way through Ancient Magus' Bride. Not blowing my socks off but I do enjoy the Celtic music and the world-building thus far.

Also watched Kobayashi-san Chi no Maid Dragon/Kobayashi's Maid Dragon. I fucking hate maid shit and largely don't care for harem shows but someone recommended it to me so I chugged through it. There's something oddly endearing about the show that isn't Lucoa's tits. It feels emotionally genuine and captures the mundane nature of everyday life in a way that most anime (or western cartoons) can't convey. It's sweet without being cloying and the characters grow to become a family unit and not just a collection of walking tropes vying for the affection of the main character. Plus Kobayashi (said main character) is one of the most true-to-life Japanese characters ever: she's a salary woman working a mundane IT job, she's a nasty drunk, she's emotionally/sexually dead inside, she seems repressed and disconnected from the rest of the world, and when all of the craziness gets moving, she takes it all in stride and finds happiness in being an adoptive mother and friend. She's also flat as a board so yeah.

Maybe I'm just reading too much in to all of it but for a show about dragons taking human form, maid-obsessed weirdos and occasional fan service, it had a surprising amount of heart and an undercurrent of melancholy I wasn't expecting.

B. Jenet's Firstmate

Gunsmith Cats blu-ray kickstarter is live.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...osive-edition/

It's worth noting that it's english dub only which is kind of a bummer.

EDIT:

Looks like I miss read and english subs are available.
    Last edited by GhostSeed; 03-26-2018 at 10:33 PM.

Another Striker

There’s English subtitles too, and in all sorts of pretty colours...

Anyway, I have the Bubblegum Crisis Blu-ray set and I’m quite impressed with it. I’ve never backed anything on Kickstarter before but I really want this. Gunsmith Cats is one of my favourite anime and manga series.

You have been
    Officially WY'OWED!

We hosted an anime night at my house recently and screened the first Urotsukidoji movie. Such a fun time. I was crying with laughter. Super chojin dick FTW

Belnar Institute Student

Quote Originally Posted by wyo View Post
    We hosted an anime night at my house recently and screened the first Urotsukidoji movie. Such a fun time. I was crying with laughter. Super chojin dick FTW
    Toshio Maeda is actually supposed to be appearing at a convention I'm going to in April

Why would you want to sit in a room of bonerdudes?
    All creature will die and all the things will be broken.

Neo Geo Dip Switch wiki page

Quote Originally Posted by SonGohan View Post
    I didn't even talk about how you live in a shack and shit in the fucking forest.
    Quote Originally Posted by SonGohan View Post
    I mean, at least I didn't say your wife should divorce you or comment on your need to play RE while shitting or whatever else was said.

You have been
    Officially WY'OWED!

Quote Originally Posted by Evil Wasabi View Post
    Why would you want to sit in a room of bonerdudes?
    There were at least 4 women present

Quote Originally Posted by NeuroticMoose View Post
    Toshio Maeda is actually supposed to be appearing at a convention I'm going to in April
    Nice!
    Last edited by wyo; 03-26-2018 at 10:15 PM.

Hardened Shock Trooper

Reminds me of when I first watched it as a teenager with my parents in the same room. They have since disowned me.
    Neo Geo AES JP serial #108523 | Super Neo AES JP serial #081188

Duck King's DJ

Watching the original Dragon Ball episodes (subbed). It's sad nobody knows how funny and perverted the original is. I let my step-daughter and her friend watch it on a sleep over years ago. The shock the new generation gets when seeing it is classic.

Schlonginator II: Judgment Dong

It's weird explaining to my daughter Master Roshi's behavior, then pondering if I'm a horrible dad or the best dad.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaston View Post
    Reminds me of when I first watched it as a teenager with my parents in the same room. They have since disowned me.
    We will find out whose fake account you are but in the meantime keep posting

Kasumi Todoh's Training Partner

Quote Originally Posted by GohanX View Post
    It's weird explaining to my daughter Master Roshi's behavior, then pondering if I'm a horrible dad or the best dad.
    It's a creepy old dude. She will get it eventually, unfortunately.
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by gusmoney View Post
    "[M]ost agggressive gaming sites" has to be one of the strangest statements I have ever heard.

A bunch of forty-something video-gaming nerds that are only keyboard commandos and mostly sedate pussies any other hour of the day cannot really be all that aggressive, can they? (My self included.)

I love the lads here, this forum in general, and the mentality but lets not kid ourselves about this being some sort of dark web tough corner of the world.

B. Jenet's Firstmate

New Sonic Mania animated Short

BBLLOOOO__HHAARRDDDDDD!!!!

that was pretty awesome. captured the feel of the 90's sonic really well.

Belnar Institute Student

Quote Originally Posted by Bogard View Post
    that was pretty awesome. captured the feel of the 90's sonic really well.
    I don't feel like watching it atm, does he eat some chili dogs?

BBLLOOOO__HHAARRDDDDDD!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by NeuroticMoose View Post
    I don't feel like watching it atm, does he eat some chili dogs?
    no chilli dogs. but good humour.

Belnar Institute Student

Quote Originally Posted by Bogard View Post
    no chilli dogs. but good humour.
    Oh shit! Tyson Hesse did this? I've been a fan of his since back in the early days of his webcomic Boxer Hockey. (He also did some animation work on Skullgirls) Oh, and of course the first Sonic related stuff he did, which was this comic: https://funnyjunk.com/funny_pictures/613127/Sonic/

I still think it's hilarious he somehow turned that comic into being able to actually work on official stuff featuring the character (first with some issues of the official Sonic comic and now this)
    Last edited by NeuroticMoose; 03-31-2018 at 05:36 PM.

Clow Warlord of Neo-Geo...for one glorious day!
    The CLOW Empire as the Warlord of CLOW!!!

Quote Originally Posted by GhostSeed View Post
    FLCL Progressive and Alternative Combo Trailer

FLCL Alternative is airing on Toonami April 1 as well as several other Japanese anime (original subbed) as part of their annual April Fool's programming. Wish I knew of it sooner.

"Everything will surely be all right." 「絶対大丈夫だよ。」, "Zettai daijōbu da yo."
    "Force without Master, heed the call of my Staff of Dreams, and become my power! SECURE!!!"

Hardened Shock Trooper

Quote Originally Posted by LoneSage View Post
    We will find out whose fake account you are but in the meantime keep posting
    Sorry to disappoint, no fake account
    Neo Geo AES JP serial #108523 | Super Neo AES JP serial #081188

Sho's Rival

Just finished "School Days", all i can say is wow....

Thread Information