What anime are you watching?

Tung Fu ru

Actual Musician,
20 Year Member
Just started watching Attack on Titan. I haven't watched anything in years so I'm giving this a go and I'm liking it.

That show is fucking great IMO. I also haven't watched a bunch of anime in a while, but I watched that about a year or so ago. Really loved the creepy hopelessness of the show. Holy shit the first episode with the titans eating people with smiles.... so creepy and unsettling.

Naika

Street Hoop Star
Gaiz,

I just realized that there's a huge sale on Right Stuf. I just got like $300 worth of anime for $100. Here's what I got, all of it for at least half off, some of it for like 85% off:

Blame
Vampire Hunter D
New Dominion Tank Force
Casshern complete series
Space Adventure Cobra complete series
Gatchaman box sets 1 through 3

Oh ballz.....need to get COBRA!!!!!

NeuroticMoose

Super Spy Agent
Gaiz,

I just realized that there's a huge sale on Right Stuf. I just got like $300 worth of anime for $100. Here's what I got, all of it for at least half off, some of it for like 85% off:

Blame
Vampire Hunter D
New Dominion Tank Force
Casshern complete series
Space Adventure Cobra complete series
Gatchaman box sets 1 through 3

grabbed a set of berserk volumes for half off, thanks for letting us know about the sale

coreykun667

Galford's Armourer
Been watching Fist of the North Star, the plan is to watch all 152 episodes of the anime, then read the unadapted chapters on a scan site, and then check out the original film, the OVA and the film series, I think I'm on episode 8, so I've got a fuckton more to watch

The Shin arc was always a chore for me to watch. I love FotNS, but it's really repetitive in the first 20 episodes. Once it gets past that, the pacing is better along with the animation.

Tripredacus

Three 6 Mafia
10 Year Member
still Sailor Moon. I keep putting it off. Don't really want to watch it, but once it is playing it is ok. Fortunately I don't have a lot of it, so about half done so far.

Taiso

Remembers The North
20 Year Member
Ditto. I think we ALL love their old stuff but even if that's the case, would HG keep the new stuff from getting to us?

Old or new, it doesn't matter to HG. They want too big a piece of the profits for Big West to work it out with them. So even if we wanted BD releases of the original series, Do You Remember Love and Macross Plus, HG would demand so much that Big West doesn't see it as worth the effort to bother.

Digitally restored/remastered versions of these three on BD would make me very happy. But so long as HG continues to gatekeep, it's never gonna happen.

I don't really care about any other Macross besides that, but I will admit that I like the music of Macross 7.

xelement5x

Galford's Armourer
Just watched Magic User's Club (OVA from the 90s) and am catching up on the new Berserk series. It's not that bad, but I am glad I read the manga in advance.

sylvie

NG.COM TEMPTRESS
20 Year Member
we've been watching Galaxy Angel as kind of a Saturday morning cartoon type thing. We were watching Golden Boy for a while too and I'd like to get back into it. Also been itching for some Rurouni Kenshin re-watch

NeuroticMoose

Super Spy Agent
we've been watching Galaxy Angel as kind of a Saturday morning cartoon type thing. We were watching Golden Boy for a while too and I'd like to get back into it. Also been itching for some Rurouni Kenshin re-watch

Golden Boy is hilarious, its also not very long, I hear the manga is somehow even more sexual

Renmauzo

MS Paint Master.
10 Year Member
I just watched Vatican Miracle Examiners a few minutes ago...seems interesting, will keep on with it to see where it goes.

coreykun667

Galford's Armourer
Golden Boy is hilarious, its also not very long, I hear the manga is somehow even more sexual

I fucking loved Golden Boy. It's weird though, since I can't watch Mobile Suit Gundam 08th MS Team the same way after watching Golden Boy. Animation style is almost exactly the same with the two.

I'm still trying to get into Gundam. Probably gonna try and go in a chronological order and watch the original movie trilogy first before I watch the rest of the UC timeline. I know I skipped a bit with 08th MS Team but god damn it's so good.

Tron

Test
15 Year Member
I saw that. The only good thing about the TV series is the OP/ED. Although I hope the DVD picture quality is better than the original U.S. Manga Corps release.
I all ways seen the tv series as ok but the ova is the better one to me.Yeah i heard it came out in japan on bluray a while ago i didn't know until now,it was coming to the u.s.

Last edited:

Lets Gekiga In

Neon Night Rider
20 Year Member
still Sailor Moon. I keep putting it off. Don't really want to watch it, but once it is playing it is ok. Fortunately I don't have a lot of it, so about half done so far.
I'm fortunate that my library has all the manga, I actually prefer it to the anime. But both are still great, I also just started on the third season of Crystal.

coreykun667

Galford's Armourer
Finished Mobile Suit Gundam 08th MS Team last week... MAN they fucking dropped the ball way too hard on that last episode.
Spoiler:
Introducing the plot about the orphans, but not resolving the stories of the rest of the main characters? That legitimately made me angry. Also the romance between Aina and Shiro made me want to rip my hair out, it was THAT cliche. Honestly, I would've rather had them extend episode 11 and have a a 3-4 minute montage with the characters all getting their proper endings. Episode 12 was just unnecessary and left a huge blemish on what was otherwise a pretty enjoyable short series.

neojedi

Member,
20 Year Member
Wow, anime can make even freezing your butt off look fun.

On topic, I finally got around to Fate/Zero recently. The quality was all over the place from terrific (battles) to barely watchable (overlong conversations), but the soundtrack was consistently the best I've ever heard in an anime.

Last edited:

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
Neon Genesis Evangelion. Lot of large empty spaces, dead calm everywhere except for a softly whispering white noise, coming from an electric device. The exact opposite of Japan, the oblivious fulfillment of a dream, everyone dreams on those islands, I gather?

Got to love the heavy backhanded one-liners, too. "Only 14-year olds can operate them." Yeah, right, you study fine arts, work 24/7 to make a living in the animé business and that's your target audience. Live can be so cruel.

As long as they live, they have to operate them, i.e. they have to buy it. Well, cruel is what you get here, all right. Good stuff.

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member

the manga turns into some weird psychological mindfuckery later on and it's awful.

Wow, anime can make even freezing your butt off look fun.

On topic, I finally got around to Fate/Zero recently. The quality was all over the place from terrific (battles) to barely watchable (overlong conversations), but the soundtrack was consistently the best I've ever heard in an anime.

fate series in a nutshell.

Neon Genesis Evangelion. Lot of large empty spaces, dead calm everywhere except for a softly whispering white noise, coming from an electric device. The exact opposite of Japan, the oblivious fulfillment of a dream, everyone dreams on those islands, I gather?

Got to love the heavy backhanded one-liners, too. "Only 14-year olds can operate them." Yeah, right, you study fine arts, work 24/7 to make a living in the animé business and that's your target audience. Live can be so cruel.

As long as they live, they have to operate them, i.e. they have to buy it. Well, cruel is what you get here, all right. Good stuff.

another series that far outlived its welcome. i bet anno is going into depression again after the release of 3.0 + 1.0 .

Last edited:

Karou

Gandalf Of Gibberish,
10 Year Member
seven deadly sins on some free site that works on my wiiu..how come they don'y look like the slutty figures???

goat guy just gave me a spoiler when the auto start failed and I had to check for which one I was on...should have been more patient and just started ones I knew I had watched and not jumped ahead...hawk?!

Ip Man

BBLLOOOO__HHAARRDDDDDD!!!!,
15 Year Member

i liked every thing about evengelion, but it has one thing that takes the no.1 spot on my list of the most hated thing i've ever seen on screen, and that is shinji. that guy is an artist depiction of all things pathetic incarnated in to a human form. my balls actually hurt when ever he's on screen.

NeuroticMoose

Super Spy Agent
i liked every thing about evengelion, but it has one thing that takes the no.1 spot on my list of the most hated thing i've ever seen on screen, and that is shinji. that guy is an artist depiction of all things pathetic incarnated in to a human form. my balls actually hurt when ever he's on screen.

So you really like the show but the main POV character and protagonist of the show causes you physical pain? I will never understand why people like this show so much when it's so clearly heavily flawed

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
they watch it for teh rei and teh asuka.

which is a bullshit reason because misato is best girl.