What anime are you watching?

Mike Shagohod

Stray Dog Grunt
20 Year Member
1237917779613.jpg

:lol:

That last panel with the father staring ABSOLUTE hate is how I look when I've gone more than 30 hours without sex.

:tickled:

IsamuBlue

Formerly Megatron2929
I finally watched Evangelion 1.11 and 2.22 on Blu-Ray tonight. Now, I might be a little biased as the original Evangelion has always been one of my favorite series, but God damn, those two movies were amazing! I really didn't think I was going to like the new animation mixed with CGI, but it really blew me away. I loved the how the rearranged the plot and storyline too. Can't wait for 3.33, 3.0, Q, or whatever the hell they'll end up calling it.

Asuka + eye patch = t3h sex!

skotgun

Geese's Limo Driver
so i'm about 11 episodes into finally watching evangelion, and i'm just wondering what the proper order for watching the series and movies is.
mostly concerning death and rebirth, end of evangelion, and revival of evangelion.
i know rebuild is basically a reboot of some sorts, but they're not all out, so i'll avoid those for now.

do i skip the last couple episodes of the series and go straight to one of the movies, or watch them all, or only watch a couple?
what the hell, such a mess of an ending.

Phyeir

My only regret is that I have... Boneitis!
Watch the original ending, you'll appreciate the redo in the movie that much more.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
so i'm about 11 episodes into finally watching evangelion, and i'm just wondering what the proper order for watching the series and movies is.
mostly concerning death and rebirth, end of evangelion, and revival of evangelion.
That is exactly why I've never finished watching it, either. I saw the first 4 or 5 episodes (whatever was on that first dvd) and liked it well enough. But I wasn't able to get back to it for a few years, and when I was ready, it seemed like there were all these competing and contradictory versions of the story out there, and I had no idea which I was supposed to watch or in what order.

Lite

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
You've got some damn good ones listed in there.

At the prodding of several of my friends, I broke down and tried Ouran High School Host Club. It actually ended up being funny in the beginning since they were making fun of dumb harem anime tropes, but then it became every bit as inane and melodramatic as I had initially expected.

Not sure if I'd enjoy something like that, but it sounds funny.

Maybe give Gallery Fake a shot. (Will have to get the fansub like Bartender though, but at least they're all done)

I'd be interested in seeing that. As far as Bartender, the subtitled version I found was done pretty well by some fansub group called Lunar.

Yue

Baseball Star Hitter
You've got some damn good ones listed in there.

At the prodding of several of my friends, I broke down and tried Ouran High School Host Club. It actually ended up being funny in the beginning since they were making fun of dumb harem anime tropes, but then it became every bit as inane and melodramatic as I had initially expected. I haven't finished it yet, but if I ever watch it again, I'll just stick to the first ten or twelve episodes.

Oh I watched it a while back....actually convinced my bro to watch it XD. It's a show aimed for young girls, it is bound to be dramatic or the like. But it was really entertaining.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
you watch the evangelion show.
you skip death & rebirth unless you really need a fucking recap on a series you just watched.
you watch the end of evangelion.

it's that simple.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
you watch the evangelion show.
you skip death & rebirth unless you really need a fucking recap on a series you just watched.
you watch the end of evangelion.

it's that simple.
What is The End of Evangelion? Didn't the show already have an ending? What is the thing that changes or rewrites the original ending because some fans or the creator or someone didn't like it? Is that 'the end of evangelion'? Or was there something else?

skotgun

Geese's Limo Driver
Gainax launched a project to create a movie ending for the series in 1997. The company first released Death and Rebirth, consisting of a highly condensed character-based recap and re-edit of the TV series episodes 1-24 (Death) and the first half of the new ending (Rebirth, which was originally intended to be the full ending, but couldn't be finished due to budget and time constraints). The project to complete the final episodes was completed later in the year, and released as The End of Evangelion. The End of Evangelion is an alternate ending of the series and retells episodes 25 and 26. The End of Evangelion replaces the Rebirth portion of the first film Death and Rebirth. The two films were compiled as a single movie (the way they were originally intended to be), called Revival of Evangelion in 1998.

Phyeir

To add on to skotgun's stuff, the original ending was done near the end of the series when the budget was gone and is done in mostly pencil drawings and meant to represent everything going on in Shinji's head. It's confusing to say the least. The redone ending is actually showing you what was happening in the real world at the same time. It's a MUCH more satisfying ending.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
Gainax launched a project to create a movie ending for the series in 1997. The company first released Death and Rebirth, consisting of a highly condensed character-based recap and re-edit of the TV series episodes 1-24 (Death) and the first half of the new ending (Rebirth, which was originally intended to be the full ending, but couldn't be finished due to budget and time constraints). The project to complete the final episodes was completed later in the year, and released as The End of Evangelion. The End of Evangelion is an alternate ending of the series and retells episodes 25 and 26. The End of Evangelion replaces the Rebirth portion of the first film Death and Rebirth. The two films were compiled as a single movie (the way they were originally intended to be), called Revival of Evangelion in 1998.

I was doing okay for about the first sentence and-a-half.

First half of the new ending replacing the Rebirth portion of the alternate ending compiled into a single movie (the way they were originally intended to be) retelling episodes something and something. Where's the Tylenol?

To add on to skotgun's stuff,
please, don't.

skotgun

Geese's Limo Driver
I was doing okay for about the first sentence and-a-half.

First half of the new ending replacing the Rebirth portion of the alternate ending compiled into a single movie (the way they were originally intended to be) retelling episodes something and something. Where's the Tylenol?

please, don't.

exactly, that's why i just asked here.
thanks sage.

Lite

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
Where's the Tylenol?

I have to say things like that scared me away from watching some cartoons in the past. Why do mechas have to have so many parts, remakes, pre-quals, OVA's, same-universe-but-not-really-a-sequal shows networked together? I don't want to have to do a ton of research to know what to watch and what not to watch and in what order and where to find it and which release to get.

To add on to skotgun's stuff, the original ending was done near the end of the series when the budget was gone and is done in mostly pencil drawings and meant to represent everything going on in Shinji's head. It's confusing to say the least.

I thought the Evangelion show was great until I experienced the disastrous use of what budget they had left to put together an unoriginal and unartistic ending. I was thinking of just saying "screw it" and watching Rebuild of Evangelion when it is all said and done, but at this point I'm not really sure if I care to. I really enjoyed what I had seen up to that point though.

Phyeir

I thought the Evangelion show was great until I experienced the disastrous use of what budget they had left to put together an unoriginal and unartistic ending. I was thinking of just saying "screw it" and watching Rebuild of Evangelion when it is all said and done, but at this point I'm not really sure if I care to. I really enjoyed what I had seen up to that point though.

If you enjoyed everything up until that crap ending, go finish the ride proper.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
Hated hated hated TV ending first time I saw it.

Every other time I watched the series (four times?) the TV ending made me cry and stand up and clap.

Hot Chocolate

No Longer Yung, No Longer Raoul,
20 Year Member
Just noticed my Vampire Hunter D dvd is missing, I know it's out of print along with Bloodlust( never got the chance to see it either ) and Ninja Scroll( which I still have on vhs and the anniversary edition )

Lite

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
If you enjoyed everything up until that crap ending, go finish the ride proper.

And by proper you mean LoneSage's simple list of "Watch the Evangelion show, watch the End of Evangelion" ? I can handle that, but I definitely need to go back and watch the show agin if I did that. It's been years since I've seen it.

skotgun

Geese's Limo Driver
And by proper you mean LoneSage's simple list of "Watch the Evangelion show, watch the End of Evangelion" ? I can handle that, but I definitely need to go back and watch the show agin if I did that. It's been years since I've seen it.

or by the sounds of it, you could just watch revival of evangelion, since it's the series recap and the "proper" ending in one package.