What anime are you watching?

Ip Man

BBLLOOOO__HHAARRDDDDDD!!!!,
15 Year Member
I've been watching Space Adventure Cobra the series.

a true classic. i watched space adventure cobra as a child,but couldn't remember the name as a teenager when wanted to find it again .was stoked when i saw the vhs re-release of cobra the movie in virgin mega store.and now i'm going to put it on my to watch list.thanks for the reminder;).

Ip Man

BBLLOOOO__HHAARRDDDDDD!!!!,
15 Year Member
i'v been watching studio ghibli movies at least twice a week for the past eight to ten years.watch a lot of Mamoru Hosoda's movies as well (the girl who leapt through time,summer wars,wolf children).usually watch one after a good round of neo geo to complete a good and satisfied day.

spirited away is one of my favourite movies of all time up there with the original dub of akira. my other ghibli favourites would have to be kiki's delivery service,whisper of the heart and porco rosso.but all of ghibli is pure gold no matter which your personal favourite is.

neojedi

Member,
20 Year Member
I watched a couple of things recently... first, Ghost in the Shell Arise borders 3&4. I had heard complaints, but having seen it, it is definitely comparable to previous GITS anime and is therefore great. The new series misses Yoko Kanno, and the 4th episode was a bit overplotted, but there's still no reason to avoid this at all. Second, Michiko and Hatchin. This one had quality animation all the way through, along with good character designs and a great depiction of a Latin American setting. Its Achilles Heel was the writing though; the plot simply was terrible in places, including key moments, and it can be hard to watch all the way through as a result. I can't recommend it even at the S.A.V.E. price because of that.

Neorebel

Viewpoint Vigilante
Huge anime fan myself!

Currently watching:

Gundam: Iron Blooded Orphans

Pretty good so far, right? I haven't watched a Gundam series in a while - some of the more recent ones seemed boring to me. I'm looking forward to episode 5 and events unfolding that will continue to keep me interested.

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
I remember in the late 90s-2000s, Best Buy had a huge area for Anime. Now all they have is a small section of Studio Ghibli/Disney stuff. Best Buy is a shell of what they used to be.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Just bought the complete Cowboy Bebop set and the DBZGT, gonna be watching them soon...

kraquepype

Armored Scrum Object
I remember in the late 90s-2000s, Best Buy had a huge area for Anime. Now all they have is a small section of Studio Ghibli/Disney stuff. Best Buy is a shell of what they used to be.
Yeah that's where I picked up a good chunk of my collection back in the early 00s ... Almost nothing there nowadays.

Is suncoast still around? Haven't been to a mall in a while.

lolifoxgirl

Rot., Rot., Rot.
Amazon seems to be the only place to really get it now. Sad, my local bookstore has a ton of manga but no anime.

herb

Metal Slug Mechanic
10 Year Member
FYE still has a pretty good selection, but they're pretty pricey. I miss going to Suncoast and getting my anime dvd and merch fix :(

GhostSeed

Angel's Love Slave
10 Year Member
I watched Ghost in the Shell: Arise Pyrophoric Cult the other day. I'm still debating seeing the new movie next week when it finally hits state side.

neojedi

Member,
20 Year Member
I'm still debating seeing the new movie next week when it finally hits state side.
I looked into that; I'd have to drive all the way to Raleigh on a work day to get a chance to watch the dub. I'm thinking I may wait for the home release, too much of a hassle.

Last edited:

BLEAGH

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
I used to love walking by the Suncoast vhs Anime section with all the series lined up with the puzzle like sideart.

Been watching dbz super when the fan subs go up. I think it has captured the fun of the original dbz pretty well even if it is just a retelling of the latest movies so far.

Been watching subbed fist of the north star as well. Never made it passed the first 30 or so episodes that were dubbed in years past. This series reminds me why I used to think anime was cool.

CORY

a.k.a. Mother Teresa
Staff member
Just bought the complete Cowboy Bebop set and the DBZGT, gonna be watching them soon...

Cowboy Bebop is a classic and one of my all time favorite! :buttrock:

I wish I could say the same about GT... Not sure what happened with the series but I didn't enjoy that anime very much. And that's coming from a big fan of the original non-Z Dragon Ball series.

Speed3

Marked Wolf
I'm currently watching Gintama and OWARIMONOGATARI I really like the -Monogatari series. While I'm waiting for new episodes to post I binge watch 12 episode animes on crunchyroll.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
Hey so uh does anyone like Slayers

It's charming and I feel like a fgt

xelement5x

Galford's Armourer
Hey so uh does anyone like Slayers

It's charming and I feel like a fgt

I always enjoyed the Slayers series, it was a fun goofy little show with entertaining characters.

I'm working my way through Macross Plus right now, it was recommended to me by a friend. The production values on it are pretty amazing.

celeritas

Mr. Big's Thug
I always enjoyed the Slayers series, it was a fun goofy little show with entertaining characters.

I'm working my way through Macross Plus right now, it was recommended to me by a friend. The production values on it are pretty amazing.

Yeah Macross Plus is really good. I think I only like Do You Remember Love better. If I recall, there are some differences between the original 4 part OVA and the movie versions of Macross Plus.

100proof

Insert Something Clever Here
10 Year Member
I enjoyed Slayers back in the day as well. It always felt like a more whimsical, less self-serious fantasy Dragonball (main character eats like a horse, new super-duper villain every season, dumb filler and a lot of deus ex machina attacks). Don't know if I could go back to it now and the OVA/movies that I watched were terrible but I'd recommend it to anyone who doesn't mind "feeling like a fgt" or the general drudgery of watching multi-season anime TV shows.

GhostSeed

Angel's Love Slave
10 Year Member

It's dumb expensive these days but the Japanese Blu-ray set has english subs for the re-edited "movie" version and the picture quality is amazing.

cat

It's Time Us Welsh, Stood on our own 2 feet, WEL_S
Anyone watched the live action versions of attack on titan and parasyte part 1 and 2.
I liked the anime's and found the movie version of attack on titan a pretty good watch, once i grab the subs off subscene i'll get round to watching parasyte as well.